PG Music Home
Posted By: PaddyG butterfly - 10/24/16 08:03 AM

https://soundcloud.com/user-108834131/butterfly

I composed this song and after adding my lyrics, found I could not do the voice over. A recent medical problem had required all sorts of pipes and micro cameras down my throat.
The result was a bit of damage to my vocal chords. I got hold of my friend Rob (RaAM) who very kindly
agreed to do it ,not only that, he completely upgraded and balanced the Mp3 background music I sent .
Talk about a ‘nice guy’ I was so stoked at the whole rendition he did. One comes to expect great things from Rob and I am so chuff with this. Thanks again Rob

Style popofst with organ 165 RS
Real Tracks 684 Bass electric 522 Guitar Acoustic F/pick Drums Nashville even 8 405 Guitar Acoustic strumming 686 Organ B3 Background pop 2201 Guitar Nylon Background country Brent

Paddy G
Posted By: Scott C Re: butterfly - 10/24/16 03:26 PM
Very nice tune Paddy. Loved the vocal
Posted By: floyd jane Re: butterfly - 10/24/16 06:49 PM
Paddy,

This might be my favorite of yours so far...

A nice write (deserves a lyric sheet!). Really nice melody.

Nice grouping of instruments - carries this perfectly. Good mix.

Beautiful vocal, Rob! Once again, I am truly amazed at how "American" you sound!

Nice.

floyd
Posted By: Robertkc Re: butterfly - 10/24/16 07:48 PM
Paddy,

A very enjoyable story in these lyrics:

" good times rolled away
with the heat that came one day"

and the backing really supports the feel of a Spanish romance.
Terrific vocals - you are indeed fortunate to have had Rob`s support on this excellent production.

Robert
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: butterfly - 10/24/16 08:07 PM
Hi PaddyG, Excellent vibes with this! Very peaceful sounding and easy to listen to. Well done! smile
Posted By: gibson Re: butterfly - 10/25/16 10:02 AM
Paddy,

What a beautiful song. Rob has one hell of a voice!!

Great lyrics!!

Hope your voice gets better, I remember a "camera down the throat" experience a few years ago and I hope you have the same result...ie all is OK.

best wishes

Alyn
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: butterfly - 10/25/16 11:15 AM
Excellent write/production + vocal + BiaB = A clinic in the power of BiaB productions in talented hands.

Wonderful collab. Everything there should be and nothing extraneous in this production.

We really enjoyed it. Way to go you two!

J&B
Posted By: receder Re: butterfly - 10/25/16 12:15 PM
Hi Paddy,

Beautiful composition and Rob did a great job on vocals and re-balancing the track.

Hope your throat recovers soon.

A very enjoyable listen.

Rec
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: butterfly - 10/25/16 05:21 PM
Very nice job Paddy!! And, I don't think you could have picked a better vocalist. Rob did a great job. Very nice song, and I think arrangement and production were excellent! Take care. Greg
Posted By: PaddyG Re: butterfly - 10/26/16 05:48 AM

Thank you Scott ,Floyd, Robert ,Joe, and Alyn, for your kind comments. Yes Alyn, I hope the vocal chords come right it has been a bitter pill ( hurdle) to face

Paddy G
Posted By: David Snyder Re: butterfly - 10/26/16 10:13 AM

Nice job guys! Really beautiful song and vocals.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: butterfly - 10/26/16 12:36 PM
Paddy and Rob,

I'd like to join the chorus of positive feedback. I enjoyed listening. The presentation and performance are first class (as always).

A really good job all round.

Regards,
Noel

P.S. Paddy, I hope your voice gets back to normal soon for you.
Posted By: Will B - PG Music Re: butterfly - 10/26/16 12:42 PM
Hey Paddy, great tune. Love the lyrics, I second the request for a lyric sheet! Here's hoping your voice gets better soon, but in the meantime, let's hear some more songs smile
Posted By: PaddyG Re: butterfly - 10/27/16 11:17 AM

For all the kind comments and for those who asked they would like to see the lyrics

Just a dusty old town at the end of nowhere
Folks here don’t return your smile cause they don’t have a smile to spare
Butterfly stares from her window like she does every day
And she prays for a white knight to come calling

She could walk through this town and never open her eyes
She knows every store that’s closed- all the pain
The good times they rolled away with the with the heat that came one day and the rain that never ever followed,,, Never followed
///////// BREAK
So she paints butterflies on her sneakers and her blue jeans
And she paints rainbows on her cupboards and her walls
Hoping that one day if the rains returned to stay she could show a real one to towns children
////////Break
And the story goes the white night he came riding slicked back hair
His soft talk just blew her away
And the magic doors he opened from post cards sent back home
The ancient streets of London then to Rome
,Soon the white line was sniffed before morning coffee,,, and the parties more bizarre every day .
Till she could not remember was it June or in December that the white knight went on his own way
And cold hotel rooms gave no rest, nor mama pleading knowing best, butterfly, please come on home
And cold is how they found her in the morning cold the casket that took her home
But warm and gentle was the rain that fell upon the plains
As the folks stood around her grave praying

For the rainbow always keeps its promise Butterfly she kept her promise Butterfly kept her promise

(C) (Graham Paddy Gobel)
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: butterfly - 10/27/16 04:26 PM
Paddy, excellent melody, excellent lyrics. Rob, excellent vocals.

I agree with the others, this song works so well in so many ways, and for so many reasons.

A very professional production, no questions asked.
Posted By: PaddyG Re: butterfly - 10/28/16 04:09 AM

Thank you Video Track

Its you’re kind of encouragement and others on the forum that make the old songwriting juices flow

Paddy G
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: butterfly - 10/28/16 07:50 AM
"Butterfly stares from her window like she does every day".

Love the lyrics, very well written! Love the vocal also.
© PG Music Forums