PG Music Home
Posted By: Skyline 'Call of the Sea' - guitar instrumental - 11/15/16 12:34 PM
'Call of the Sea' - YouTube video link.
(Switch to 1080HD if it doesn't do so automatically).

I started this project with a backing track from 'Coffee Break Grooves' which gave me the idea for the melody line. I added/changed parts of the backing track to get what I needed, using some electric piano and bass from BIAB styles _SJAZZC2.STY and _JFNKPOP.STY. The guitar parts are mine, played on a new Mexican Stratocaster - in Surf Green appropriately! Other details can be found here:
'Call of the Sea' - Johnsongs page.

Relax and drift away! tired

John
Cool song man.
Posted By: gibson Re: 'Call of the Sea' - guitar instrumental - 11/15/16 01:10 PM
John,
Beautiful playing, wonderful feel to the song.
Made me want to rush outside in my swimming costume until I saw the rain mad
So I just listened and dreamt of the wonderful bays in the Gower, South Wales. Then I watched the video on my HD projector, wow even better!!

enjoyed a lot

Alyn
Posted By: ROG Re: 'Call of the Sea' - guitar instrumental - 11/15/16 03:28 PM
Hi John,

A super track and some seriously nice guitar.

Reminded me slightly of Shakatak.

Loved the video.

ROG.
Stunningly beautiful, John!

Flawless playing, super nice clean tone. The supporting instruments are excellent and... perfectly supportive... the other guitar, the e. piano and some quality drum work...

Best guitar instrumental I've heard in a long, long time.

And spectacular video...

floyd
Posted By: Scott C Re: 'Call of the Sea' - guitar instrumental - 11/15/16 06:53 PM
Awesome playing and very cool song and video
Skyline, man this is my kind of jam!! Could listen to a lot of this! I loved the way your panned R&L guitars beautifully complimented the center lead. Beautiful clean sounding strat ( I don't care where it was made, it sounds wonderful! Young players could learn a lot from you about how a great groove can be attained with clean tone. God Bless and keep at it. Torrey.
Beautifully done John!! Great guitar playing. This song just feels like the ocean-I too am a lover of the sea. Very, very much enjoyed!! Take care. Greg
Amazing melodic playing and a tone perfect for the mood.

The video was a good complement to the tune.

This one has film score written all over it!

Excellent...

J&B
Posted By: RnAM Re: 'Call of the Sea' - guitar instrumental - 11/15/16 11:19 PM
John,

Another professional piece of work ( and video!) as we have grown accustomed to ;-)
Excellent guitar playing!
Posted By: Robertkc Re: 'Call of the Sea' - guitar instrumental - 11/16/16 12:11 AM
John,

"Relax and drift away!" ... I`m still drifting after several very enjoyable listens.
Outstanding in every respect!

Robert
Hello, John

Excellent guitar playing! Octave play is so nice. And Video, too.
Perfect pitch, correct choking, beautiful fingering, flowing phrasing, excellent stability. All are top notch.
Audience can continue to listen your play with no uneasiness.
Very Enjoyable listen.

Best Regards.

Shigeki Adachi
John, what a great sound you delivered.

I was immersed in the ambience right from the first note.

This is really wonderful playing. Thoroughly enjoyable.
Posted By: Skyline Re: 'Call of the Sea' - guitar instrumental - 11/16/16 08:53 AM
Many thanks everyone for the kind comments, I really appreciate it.

I've got to sign off for a couple of days now as I'm going in for an inguinal hernia repair. Decades of lifting Marshalls have taken their toll I guess.
eek

John
Good luck John for a fast recovery. Get well soon!
Nicely played.
Posted By: tommyad Re: 'Call of the Sea' - guitar instrumental - 11/16/16 10:32 AM
John, This is a spectacularly sounding track. Great playing and a superb mix. The video was a bonus. Very much enjoyed. Tom
Posted By: PeterF Re: 'Call of the Sea' - guitar instrumental - 11/16/16 04:27 PM
John

Excellent instrumental - great playing, nice phrasing and beautiful tone.
Liked the video as well.

Peter
Posted By: Noel96 Re: 'Call of the Sea' - guitar instrumental - 11/16/16 04:46 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Stunningly beautiful, John!

Flawless playing, super nice clean tone. The supporting instruments are excellent and... perfectly supportive... the other guitar, the e. piano and some quality drum work...

Best guitar instrumental I've heard in a long, long time.

And spectacular video...

floyd

John,

I completely agree with floyd. Everything about this is flawlessly first class. It really is a beautiful listen. Like ROG, this reminded me of Shakatak too. You put together a great video to showcase the tune! I enjoyed the visual and audio journey.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: receder Re: 'Call of the Sea' - guitar instrumental - 11/17/16 09:52 AM
John,

I enjoyed your very relaxing song. It took me back to a holiday I once had in the Seychelles.
Your song would have been a perfect listen while sipping a coctail and relaxing on any of their beaches smile

Great tone from your new Strat btw.

Thanks also for the link to coffee break grooves, looks interesting.

Cheers,
Jez
Such a relaxing song to listen to - and the video is perfect for it!

This is our "Hot Forum Topic" for today smile
Posted By: Skyline Re: 'Call of the Sea' - guitar instrumental - 11/18/16 07:59 AM
Originally Posted By: Callie - PG Music
Such a relaxing song to listen to - and the video is perfect for it!

This is our "Hot Forum Topic" for today smile

Thanks Callie, glad you liked it.

John
Posted By: Skyline Re: 'Call of the Sea' - guitar instrumental - 11/18/16 08:01 AM
I'm of hospital now and recovering (but sore...!)
Thanks friends for all the nice responses, I'm glad you enjoyed the instrumental.

John
john!

thanks for a great instrumental!

very nice production and guitar playing – and of course the surf green strat sound :-)
oh, it makes me long for the sea!

and good luck on recovering

einar
© PG Music Forums