PG Music Home
Since Lawrence just posted his beautiful album Vessel, I thought this might be a nice moment to post another remaster of a song I did with him:

Some Will Make It

Did quite some tweaking on the mix, more volume, better equalizing etc.

Any comments are welcome!

Rob
Rob & Lawrence,

Everything about this is really good.

The write (both lyric and melody), the vocals!, the production and the mix.

Super.

floyd
Love this tune. Excellent vocal. Guitar was excellent as well
Rob & Lawrence,

Truly superb vocal performances - brilliant harmonies and vocal combination. Great mix lovely song.
Really excellent work!

Peter
Rob / Lawrence,

Really outstanding! Glad you posted this.

Bob
This is a fantastic air play ready song. Everything about it is perfect. You should be very proud of this one.

Two thumbs up.
I like this one a lot. Professional on every level.

Excellent write, mix, arrangement and performance.

Enjoyed my listen.

Charlie
Your music is always well done. Quite often it reminds me of Pink Floyd in the way you use interesting and beautiful chord progressions.

Yep, it's a good song and a good job.
Rob and Lawrence,

Really excellent music! You've both done a terrific job composing and presenting this. Everything sits perfectly with everything else. I found the music and the lyrics very involving and you kept me interested and attentive for the whole nearly-five minutes.

Really enjoyed the road you took me on.

All the best to you both,
Noel
Thank you Floyd and Scott, comments appreciated!

Rob
I really enjoyed the chorus sections of this- a really nicely structured lyric / music balance
I think it's really dramatic, the lead up to the words "Some will make it".
Hello, Rob and Lawrence

Dramatic and strong rock sound!
As Noel said,
Really excellent music! You've both done a terrific job composing and presenting this.
I really enjoyed the chorus sections.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Rob & Lawrence,

Truly superb vocal performances - brilliant harmonies and vocal combination. Great mix lovely song.
Really excellent work!

Peter

Thank you Peter!
Wonderfully effective dynamics. The mix is picture perfect to our ears.

The vocals, write and arrangement are all in sync for a great production.

It simply soars!

J&B

PS Lawrence is wonderful to work with!
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Rob / Lawrence,

Really outstanding! Glad you posted this.

Bob

Thank you Bob!
Hi!

We'll make this simple: Super ... Great ... Terrific ... Wonderful!

If you, along with any of your collaborators, evry posted a less-than-great song, we don't we've ever heard it. You never fail to amaze us ... and entertain us. Wishing you the very best,

Alan & Di
Originally Posted By: MarioD
This is a fantastic air play ready song. Everything about it is perfect. You should be very proud of this one.

Two thumbs up.

I'm definitely proud of this collab, thank you Mario!
Thank you to everyone for the kind words about the song.

And thank you Rob for inviting me to be a part of this song. It was a joy to participate in.
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
I like this one a lot. Professional on every level.

Excellent write, mix, arrangement and performance.

Enjoyed my listen.

Charlie

Thank you Charlie that is appreciated!
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Your music is always well done. Quite often it reminds me of Pink Floyd in the way you use interesting and beautiful chord progressions.

Yep, it's a good song and a good job.

Pink Floyd, well that sure is a compliment. I can understand, by the way, why this song, in particular reminds you of them. Probably has something to do with the general tempo, feel and guitar work. Didn't realize that before.

Rob
Oh my goodness. This is just great. The contrast between Lawrence and Rob's vocal just hits you. Amazing wiok. Well done!
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Rob and Lawrence,

Really excellent music! You've both done a terrific job composing and presenting this. Everything sits perfectly with everything else. I found the music and the lyrics very involving and you kept me interested and attentive for the whole nearly-five minutes.

Really enjoyed the road you took me on.

All the best to you both,
Noel

Thank you Noel!

Yes, it was a great opportunity to work with Lawrence on this.
His contribution to the lyrics where the choruses (if I remember correctly ;-)).
And he wasn't easily satisfied ;-)

Rob
Originally Posted By: fabkebab
I really enjoyed the chorus sections of this- a really nicely structured lyric / music balance

Thank you, appreciated!
Hi, Rob and Lawrence !:))

This is just great !
what a superb tune,
performed so excellently.
A top notch collab too !

Cheers
Dani
Rob and Lawrence, everything on this just simply sounds great! Very good work! Thanks, Torrey
Truly excellent!! Really nice song, beautiful arrangement and mix, and 2 of the best vocalists on the forum. Top notch stuff!! Take care. Greg
© PG Music Forums