PG Music Home
Posted By: Jim FAWM 2017 Challenge - 03/02/17 02:41 PM
February is finally has ended, as has the FAWM (February Album Writing Month) challenge of writing 14 songs in 28 days. I participated again this year, successfully completing the challenge, and I thought some of you might like to hear the results since each of the songs were created and notated in Biab (using the same style) and then exported and finished in PowerTracks.

http://fawm.org/fawmers/gemhughs/

A special thanks to all at PG Music for their wonderful products.

Jim
†=☮&♥
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: FAWM 2017 Challenge - 03/02/17 03:47 PM
congrats on fawm. I'll head over to your page and give a listen.
Posted By: Jim Re: FAWM 2017 Challenge - 03/03/17 07:50 AM
Thanks again for your kind comments.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: FAWM 2017 Challenge - 03/03/17 08:40 AM
Jim,

Congratulations on finishing the challenge. I'm always left amazed at what those who participate manage to create. It's a sterling effort and one you can definitely be proud of.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Jim Re: FAWM 2017 Challenge - 03/04/17 03:00 PM
Thanks Noel, praise from a songwriter of your caliber is praise indeed.
Posted By: RichMac Re: FAWM 2017 Challenge - 03/04/17 07:06 PM
Hi Jim. I so enjoy your mellow relaxed style.
And wow 'Dreaming Dreams Within Dreams' is fantastic.
The descending chord pattern really suits the theme. Thumbs up. Cheers.
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: FAWM 2017 Challenge - 03/04/17 08:07 PM
Congratulations on the challenge Jim! Its amazing what can be accomplished with creative deadlines. Well done!
Posted By: Jim Re: FAWM 2017 Challenge - 03/06/17 02:19 PM
Originally Posted By: RichMac
Hi Jim. I so enjoy your mellow relaxed style.
And wow 'Dreaming Dreams Within Dreams' is fantastic.
The descending chord pattern really suits the theme. Thumbs up. Cheers.

Thanks for your kind compliments. This piece really shows the special benefits of using Biab to create a song. Once I had the melody notated and saved as an mgu file, I was able to experiment with chord changes until I found suitable ones to harmonize the melody. I happy you enjoyed it.
Posted By: Jim Re: FAWM 2017 Challenge - 03/06/17 02:50 PM
Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Congratulations on the challenge Jim! Its amazing what can be accomplished with creative deadlines. Well done!

Thanks, Joe... the real kudos should go to PG Music and Biab for helping to make it easier to meet those deadlines.

BTW if you or others wish to read it, there is a thread at the FAWM Forum about using Biab as a songwriting tool. If anyone has an idea to pass along, let me know. Hey I just thought of one. What are the capabilities of the "import a wave file" for those who can not notate their melodies? I've got to be honest, my last Biab upgrade was 2010 and I usually work in Biab2007, so I'm really not up on all the new features.

The link is http://fawm.org/forums/topic/7228/
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: FAWM 2017 Challenge - 03/06/17 03:42 PM
I noticed 2 distinct "themes" in those songs.

I'm glad to see you managed to complete the challenge.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: FAWM 2017 Challenge - 03/09/17 07:11 PM
Some interesting and good stuff! I particularly like the music to Dreaming Dreams within Dreams. Congrats!! Take care. Greg
© PG Music Forums