PG Music Home
Posted By: Riccled Drifting Metre - 03/08/17 05:35 AM
Hi folks.
Here's another one of those weird BB time signature styles,it's in 15/16 time! That's what seems to give it the irregularity I think,was challenging to play the melody and solo that's for sure.
I did this one purely in midi for a change,then sequenced it using MuLab with mainly SampleTank 3,Arturia Piano,Arturia Synclavier and Saurus by Tone 2,I think it works well.

https://soundcloud.com/riccledy/drifting-metre
Posted By: Scott C Re: Drifting Metre - 03/08/17 11:56 AM
That is a pretty cool time signature. I took a bit to get the feel for the song but once I got it has a pretty cool feeling to the song. The midi was excellent and drop right in on it very nicely. Kind of haunting. I could see this being used in a movie
Posted By: Riccled Re: Drifting Metre - 03/08/17 04:06 PM
Hi Scott.
Thanks for that,yeah it is very irregular that sig,but fun to play with,I did a track called What The Hell Is This Time Signature?! A few years ago, Using a style in 24/16 time! I think it's still on this forum somewhere but if you can't find it just have a look in my soundcloud area,it's one of my best BB tracks at that time.
Glad you enjoyed it.
R.
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Drifting Metre - 03/08/17 06:38 PM
Hi Riccled, Nice work on this! Very ambient vibe and easy to listen to. Well done! smile
Posted By: Riccled Re: Drifting Metre - 03/09/17 05:36 AM
Thanks Joe,glad you liked it!
R.
Posted By: Skyline Re: Drifting Metre - 03/09/17 02:53 PM
My head took a while to acclimatise to the time signature, but I got there in the end! A haunting tune, which actually wouldn't sound right in any other mode! Quite hypnotic.

John
Posted By: Riccled Re: Drifting Metre - 03/10/17 08:41 AM
Hi.
Thanks for that,yes I think that melody is one of my most distinctive recent ones,glad you liked the track.
R.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Drifting Metre - 03/12/17 02:36 AM
Originally Posted By: Skyline
My head took a while to acclimatise to the time signature, but I got there in the end! A haunting tune, which actually wouldn't sound right in any other mode! Quite hypnotic.

John

Agreed!! Really interesting music. Has a Pink Floyd quality. Enjoyed it! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Riccled Re: Drifting Metre - 03/12/17 05:47 AM
Hi Greg.
Thanks for that,its interesting that other people a well as you often equate my music to Pink Floyd,but I hardly know any of their music apart from Brick in The Wall,my main 60s influences are 3,The Beatles,The Beach Boys and The Moody Blues and in later years Simon and Garfunkel,I do find it fascinating what people think my music reminds them of,most interesting.
Cheers.
R.
© PG Music Forums