PG Music Home
Posted By: Kreska Band in a Box used to make book trailer - 03/10/17 01:07 PM
Hi Folks

I thought you might like to hear my book trailer I created for my debut novel - I used mainly BB 2016 and a vocal recorded on Nuendo with a little rverb. Can't remember all settings on BB but all the tracks apart from vocals were real styles.

I'd like to know what you think. Watch The AdderStane Prophecy Song

Avalina,

Great song, lyrics and video! Thanks for posting, and best wishes for the book release.
Hi kreska
What a lovely song. Well done. Good luck with the book.
Hey,

This is very cool. I second the motion, great song, great video and best of luck on the book!!

smile
Yeah. Great idea for a book trailer
Posted By: Kreska Re: Band in a Box used to make book trailer - 03/10/17 06:05 PM
Hi Peter

Thanks for the best wishes. BB is so unique in what it does.

Cheers

Avalina Kreska
Posted By: Kreska Re: Band in a Box used to make book trailer - 03/10/17 06:07 PM
Hi Joanne

Thanks for listening, good to get feedback, strangely folk haven't said much online, makes a person start doubting . . .

Best Wishes

Avalina Kreska
Avalina,

Super cool song...and production...and vocal...

I do hope we get to hear more...

floyd
Posted By: Kreska Re: Band in a Box used to make book trailer - 03/10/17 06:09 PM
Hi David

Thanks for taking the time to listen, thanks for the feedback.

Cheers

Avalina Kreska
Posted By: Kreska Re: Band in a Box used to make book trailer - 03/10/17 06:12 PM
Hi Floyd Jane

Thanks very much - I hadn't heard of anyone writing a song for a book trailer - no-one said anything online for months, it was ignored and I thought I'd really got it wrong! Especially as these days I do more fiction writing than singing.

The best wishes of folks on the forum really helps.

Cheers

Avalina
Hi Avalina!

A novelist and a musician - wow!

This song is beautiful - you have an amazing voice smile
(if I had a singing voice like yours, I'd never stop singing!)

This is today's Hot Forum Topic!
Posted By: Kreska Re: Band in a Box used to make book trailer - 03/10/17 06:21 PM
Callie

I've never been a hot forum topic before!! *checks hair* cool

Thanks so much for listening. It all gives me a bit more confidence, perhaps I might put down the pen more often then!

Cheers

Avalina
Avalina, you have done an amazing job here. Everything sounds wonderful and professional! You have used the program well! Thanks, Torrey.
Posted By: PeterF Re: Band in a Box used to make book trailer - 03/10/17 07:43 PM
Avalina

Really lovely song and really well produced. Good luck with the book.

Peter
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Band in a Box used to make book trailer - 03/10/17 09:11 PM
Avalina,

There`s enough mystery in the song for me to want to investigate your novel -and the feel is just right for your locale.
Very good vocal and production ( I`d be interested in seeing which fiddle RT you used).
By all means sing and post more here!

Robert
Posted By: RichMac Re: Band in a Box used to make book trailer - 03/10/17 10:28 PM
Hi Kreska.
Great song and video.
Hope you will make us some more songs.
The surrounding waves made me feel a little bit seasick.
Cheers.
Brilliant from every angle.
Magical vision.
Beautiful and haunting melody

Just so well done.
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Band in a Box used to make book trailer - 03/11/17 12:32 AM
Very cool! and enjoyable
love the video and web site
great song

Kenny
Posted By: Kreska Re: Band in a Box used to make book trailer - 03/11/17 05:30 AM
Thanks for taking the time to listen Torrey!

Avalina
Posted By: Kreska Re: Band in a Box used to make book trailer - 03/11/17 05:31 AM
Thanks Kenny! Appreciate the feedback.

Avalina
Posted By: Kreska Re: Band in a Box used to make book trailer - 03/11/17 05:32 AM
Videotrack, thanks so much, I'm glad it came across well.

Cheers

Avalina
Posted By: Kreska Re: Band in a Box used to make book trailer - 03/11/17 05:34 AM
Rich Mac

Thanks for the feedback. Interesting about the waves, something to bear in mind. Thanks for taking the time to watch the video. I'm sure more songs will be forthcoming in the next two years.

Best Wishes

Avalina
Posted By: Kreska Re: Band in a Box used to make book trailer - 03/11/17 05:36 AM
Hey Peter

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you liked it. smile

Best Wishes

Avalina
Posted By: Kreska Re: Band in a Box used to make book trailer - 03/11/17 05:40 AM
Robertkc

Thanks very much for the feedback. It was heavily edited from the BB track, so not so sure which fiddle *makes note to make a note in the future* glad you liked the production. I'm sure I'll see you around BB in the future.

Best Wishes

Avalina
Posted By: tommyad Re: Band in a Box used to make book trailer - 03/11/17 09:48 AM
Avalina, Great idea and a very well presented production. Good use of biab and a wonderful vocal. I've often thought that ebooks should come with a soundtrack to set the mood. This project is innovative and exciting. I look forward to what you bring to this forum in the future. Best of luck with the book. I hope you are rewarded for your efforts. Tom
Great video, song, mix and production. Very professional product. I thought you created a good blend between the music and video and it held my interest throughout.

Good luck with your novel and I hope you take time to use Band in a Box to bring us more of your music.

Charlie
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Band in a Box used to make book trailer - 03/11/17 11:10 AM
Avalina,
that was awesome! I especially like your lyrics! So poetic and interesting the way you choose your words!

Perfect use of BIAB to create your music... the tracks are a good match for the theme!

And where did you get the aerial video of the landscape? Breath-taking!

Best of luck to you regarding your book! I'd say you're off to a good start!
Posted By: RnAM Re: Band in a Box used to make book trailer - 03/11/17 03:44 PM
What we think?
We think this is great! What a super vocal and lyric, so very pro all the way. We're actually curious what the exact real tracks are you used.

Super!
Rob & Anne-Marie
Posted By: Kreska Re: Band in a Box used to make book trailer - 03/11/17 08:15 PM
Hey Tom

Thanks for listening, great feedback - you will hear more from me in the future yes.

Best Wishes

Avalina
Posted By: Kreska Re: Band in a Box used to make book trailer - 03/11/17 08:16 PM
Hello Charlie

Glad it came across well, it's the first time I mixed my own song (but I had read up on how to do it). Thanks for the feedback, I'll see you around no doubt on the forum.

Cheers

Avalina
Posted By: Kreska Re: Band in a Box used to make book trailer - 03/11/17 08:20 PM
Hi Pat

Yes, the lyrics were from the story, the prophecy from the island.
The video is from me and my husband's aerial survey of the island of Fetlar; the book is based on this small island in the north sea - it's also our home.
Just a few folks and lots of wild critters!

Glad you liked it. Thanks for the feedback.

Avalina
Posted By: Kreska Re: Band in a Box used to make book trailer - 03/11/17 08:23 PM
R&AM

I'm delighted you enjoyed it. The tracks I used? I'll see if I can work it out. In future I'll keep better notes, I'm sure you know what it's like, sometimes in a rush to put something together.

Thanks again!

Avalina
Hello, Avalina

Very beautiful song!
I do love the melody that starts with minor 9th.
Always a little sad and lovely.
Very good vocal and nice video.
Enjoyed my listen and watch a lot.

Good luck with the book.
Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Hey,

This is very cool. I second the motion, great song, great video and best of luck on the book!!

smile

I third the motion. Great vibe, great vocal!! I would love to know the RTs. They fit the song like a glove. Wonderful! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Kreska Re: Band in a Box used to make book trailer - 03/12/17 04:10 AM
Shigeki

Thanks for taking the time to listen and leave feedback, I appreciate it. I'll look into which tracks I used.

Avalina
Posted By: Kreska Re: Band in a Box used to make book trailer - 03/12/17 04:12 AM
Greg

Thanks very much. When I get my BIAB sorted out I'll look into it (had some technical issues).

Glad you enjoyed it. Gives ma boost to do more.

Avalina
Nice vocals, write and audio/video production!

We enjoyed it.

J&B
Posted By: Kreska Re: Band in a Box used to make book trailer - 03/12/17 02:50 PM
Thank-you J&B. smile
Posted By: lambada Re: Band in a Box used to make book trailer - 03/13/17 08:17 AM
Great song. Did you use a drone for the footage? Really great video.
Posted By: Kreska Re: Band in a Box used to make book trailer - 03/13/17 09:20 AM
Thanks Lambada smile yes, a drone.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Band in a Box used to make book trailer - 03/13/17 07:50 PM
Hi!

I, too, am a novelist (3 on Amazon at the moment) and when I post my chapters to my review site for colleagues to critique, I sometimes write backing tracks for the chapters and include them when I post my writing.

This is a very pretty song and wonderful video. I anticipate your novel is equalling captivating.

Wishing you the very best and good luck with the novel,

Alan (Alan & Di)
Posted By: Kreska Re: Band in a Box used to make book trailer - 03/14/17 11:28 AM
Hi Al-David

It's so useful for so many applications isn't it? Glad to see someone else using it to compliment their writing. smile

Thanks for taking the time to listen.

Good fortune with your own music and novels too.

Avalina
© PG Music Forums