PG Music Home
Posted By: Riccled Slumping Blues - 03/15/17 05:27 AM
Hi all.
Here's a nice downbeat blues for you,I used the 12/8 Blues RT set and added the RT blues guitar solo,but played the piano part myself,and I think it came out well,I used Arturia Piano for the piano part.

https://soundcloud.com/riccledy/slumping-blues
Posted By: bluage Re: Slumping Blues - 03/16/17 03:04 AM
Hello, "Riccled"...

"Downbeat" is a bit too tame to describe your composition, "Slumping Blues". More like beat-down, I'd say, meaning there's some serious, end-of-the-world type blues heat rising from it.

From its dangerously minor key, to its slow, stalking rhythm and "wildman" guitar solo, it's definitely the kind of blues performance that could start a torrid affair, or maybe even a good, bare-knuckled bar fight cool!!!

I've listened to it three times, now, but I've got to cut it loose, because it makes me want to smoke a cigarette, and I'm trying to quit... smile

What's next from you?

LOREN
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Slumping Blues - 03/16/17 07:54 AM
Originally Posted By: bluage

I've listened to it three times, now, but I've got to cut it loose, because it makes me want to smoke a cigarette, and I'm trying to quit... smile

Use the Force, Loren, the Force. You Must Stay Strong.

Posted By: Riccled Re: Slumping Blues - 03/16/17 03:34 PM
Well that was an interesting review Loren! One of the most entertaining and unusual ones I've ever had,thanks for that,glad you enjoyed the track,wont be decking anyone in the Castros VI bar next time I'm there,unless there's some Tellarite creeps in there!
R.
Posted By: bluage Re: Slumping Blues - 03/16/17 08:21 PM
Dear "Riccled"...

Well, I'm glad to hear that! smile

Making music is WAY more fun than punching out aliens, right???

LOL laugh

LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage")
Posted By: bluage Re: Slumping Blues - 03/16/17 08:31 PM
"VideoTrack"!!!

LOL laugh

Watching that beloved and inspiring clip from the original "Star Wars" movie just might prevent a dyed-in-the-wool nicotine addict such as m'self from lighting-up again!

Thanks for the entertaining encouragement... smile

LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage")
Posted By: Riccled Re: Slumping Blues - 03/17/17 05:41 AM
Hi Loren.
Well I only nail minging aliens when I have to,but yes music is great,we seem to operate on a similar wavelength,do check out my other posts on here ,I'm sure you'll enjoy my other tracks.
R.
Posted By: bluage Re: Slumping Blues - 03/17/17 06:51 PM
Hi, "Riccled"...

Well, thanks for the invite!

I'd be happy to audition more of your compositions. Stayed tuned!

Eagerly,

LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage")
Posted By: Riccled Re: Slumping Blues - 03/18/17 05:28 AM
Hi Loren.
Great,hope you like what you hear,be nice if we could chat by email or something when you have time,I think we share a few interests,music sci-fi etc,I think it would be fun.
R.
Posted By: bluage Re: Slumping Blues - 03/19/17 03:39 PM
Hello, there, "Riccled"...

I've been browsing your "song bank" on SoundCloud, listening to each song one-at-a-time.

My first impression is that you are a "serious" musician! Also, I encountered some interesting musical surprises in certain songs that I would like to follow-up on with you.

Sundays and Mondays are my "off-days" from work, so I will contact you during that time to share my feedback about your compositions.

Thanks for your patience!

Sincerely,

LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage")
Posted By: Scott C Re: Slumping Blues - 03/20/17 11:32 AM
Nice job Rick. Super feel to this tune
Posted By: Riccled Re: Slumping Blues - 03/20/17 05:07 PM
Hi Loren.
Am delighted you've had a good delve into my oeuvre,I shall be fascinated to find out what you think about my tracks and everything,I shall look forward to our correspondence.
R.
Posted By: Riccled Re: Slumping Blues - 03/20/17 05:08 PM
Cheers Scott,thanks for that.
R.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Slumping Blues - 03/23/17 02:10 PM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Nice job Rick. Super feel to this tune

Agreed!! I heard a little Steely Dan Katy Lied vibe to this. Very cool! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Slumping Blues - 03/23/17 07:52 PM
Hey Riccled, Great work on this! Really dig the guitars and rhythms. Very Jazzy progression. Well done! smile
Posted By: Riccled Re: Slumping Blues - 03/26/17 04:54 AM
Thanks folks.
It was fun to do this one,wonderfully miserable track lol.
R.
© PG Music Forums