PG Music Home
Posted By: gruverider Walking Throught A Graveyard Revisited - 03/19/17 08:02 PM
Walking Through A Graveyard Revisited
https://soundcloud.com/lawrence-olivier/walking-through-a-graveyard-revisited
I’m playing around with sound and genre. Robert Dean has done something similar and I enjoyed it.

RealTracks in song: ~2488:Bass, Acoustic, Bowed Held Ev 110
RealTracks in song: 2619:Organ, Rhythm Funk Ev 100
RealTracks in song: 378:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming DoubleTime Ev 088
RealDrums in Song: UrbanPopEv16Uplift^1-a:clap, b:tamb
RealTracks in song: 1759:Bass, Electric, Pop16ths Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 2540:Pedal Steel, Background ModernCountryDreamy16ths Ev16 075
RealTracks in song: 2446:Guitar, Baritone Electric, Background SpaghettiWestern Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 2542:Pedal Steel, Background ModernBalladAtmosphere Ev16 065
RealTracks in song: ~508:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Dire Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 377:Guitar, Resonator, Background Trav Ev 088
RealDrums in Song: FunkRockSync^01-a:Closed Hat, Snare, b:Open Hat, Snare
Three loop beat tracks
One synth bass

All comments are welcome smile
Posted By: rsdean Re: Walking Throught A Graveyard Revisited - 03/19/17 08:09 PM
Lawrence,

Yikes! Holy Cow! This is a tremendous piece of work!!! I love everything you do, but this is my absolute favorite. The groove, lyric, vocal and mix are just perfect.

Completely outstanding...

Bob
Thank you very much Bob. I took an idea that you have used with hip hop beats. I thought that was very creative of you.

I'm so glad you liked it!
Posted By: PeterF Re: Walking Throught A Graveyard Revisited - 03/20/17 04:12 AM
Lawrence

That's a lot of real tracks!

Great vocals and an interesting layered backing.

Great pro sound and really clever.

Peter
Posted By: tommyad Re: Walking Throught A Graveyard Revisited - 03/20/17 10:50 AM
Lawrence, Always a pleasure listening to you. I love the lyrics and of course the vocals. This is a strong write with a lot of imagery. An impressive remake. Nicely done. Tom
Posted By: Scott C Re: Walking Throught A Graveyard Revisited - 03/20/17 11:46 AM
Very cool intro. Excellent vocal and driving back track. Loved this tune
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Walking Throught A Graveyard Revisited - 03/20/17 12:33 PM
Cool song, sounds like it would've fit perfectly into the hbo series Treme.

Nice story lines, love the overall sound

Kenny
Posted By: Skyline Re: Walking Throught A Graveyard Revisited - 03/20/17 01:44 PM
I love the menacing mood of this Lawrence. I always think tremolo guitar can make a track sound really cool; puts me in mind of that Robert Plant + Alkison Krauss album 'Raising Sand'. Nicely sung too.

John
Originally Posted By: Skyline
puts me in mind of that Robert Plant + Alkison Krauss album 'Raising Sand'

Exactly what I had in mind! This is a great tune, Lawrence. Really compelling write, and the chorus helps keep the song from being too forebodindg. Awesome job, and very well sung!
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Lawrence, Always a pleasure listening to you. I love the lyrics and of course the vocals. This is a strong write with a lot of imagery. An impressive remake. Nicely done. Tom

Tom often says what I'm thinking.... +1
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Lawrence

That's a lot of real tracks!

Great vocals and an interesting layered backing.

Great pro sound and really clever.

Peter
Yes, thankfully because they appear in different sections I didn't have to mix them all together. Glad you enjoyed it.

Tom, thank you, good to hear you liked it.
Posted By: ROG Re: Walking Throught A Graveyard Revisited - 03/20/17 08:45 PM
Hi Lawrence.

Hey, that song really moves along - I'm surprised you didn't call it "Walking Through A Gruve-yard".

Kind of spooky, but at the same time infectious - once it gets under your skin you have to play it again and again...

Loved the vocal.

Excellent.

ROG.
Posted By: RichMac Re: Walking Throught A Graveyard Revisited - 03/21/17 03:19 AM
Hi Lawrence.
Like the controlled chaos that builds with the song,
the guitars, and particularly the organ.
And of course I love graveyard songs. Mean stuff. Cheers.
Originally Posted By: Will B - PG Music

Exactly what I had in mind! This is a great tune, Lawrence. Really compelling write, and the chorus helps keep the song from being too forebodindg. Awesome job, and very well sung!

Yes! we were trying to remember what reminded us of that groove...Raising Sand, indeed.

This is a great cut from a great album that is a wonderful compilation of your work!

J&B
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very cool intro. Excellent vocal and driving back track. Loved this tune
Thank you again Scott.

Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Cool song, sounds like it would've fit perfectly into the hbo series Treme.

Nice story lines, love the overall sound

Kenny

Treme was a great show. I'm glad you enjoyed the song.

I love the menacing mood of this Lawrence. I always think tremolo guitar can make a track sound really cool; puts me in mind of that Robert Plant + Alkison Krauss album 'Raising Sand'. Nicely sung too.

John
Good to hear from you John. I'm glad you enjoyed the song. "Raising Sand" was some good stuff.

Thank you very much Will.

Originally Posted By: floyd jane

Tom often says what I'm thinking.... +1
Thank you Floyd.
Great stuff Lawrence!! Can't wait to hear the CD. Really cool lyrics, great vocal, and a wonderful track and mix! Take care. Greg
Posted By: RnAM Re: Walking Throught A Graveyard Revisited - 03/23/17 03:29 PM
Very good work Lawrence!
This is slightly different from your other songs but it sure has a punch to it.
Very good mixing quality also!

Rob
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Lawrence.

Hey, that song really moves along - I'm surprised you didn't call it "Walking Through A Gruve-yard".

Kind of spooky, but at the same time infectious - once it gets under your skin you have to play it again and again...

Loved the vocal.

Excellent.

ROG.
Thank you for the positive comments. You made me chuckle over "Gruve-yard" lol

Originally Posted By: RichMac
Hi Lawrence.
Like the controlled chaos that builds with the song,
the guitars, and particularly the organ.
And of course I love graveyard songs. Mean stuff. Cheers.
lol, yes but it's a happy graveyard.

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud

Yes! we were trying to remember what reminded us of that groove...Raising Sand, indeed.

This is a great cut from a great album that is a wonderful compilation of your work!

J&B
Thank you J and B smile

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Great stuff Lawrence!! Can't wait to hear the CD. Really cool lyrics, great vocal, and a wonderful track and mix! Take care. Greg
Thank you Greg. I'm looking forward to your CD as well.

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Very good work Lawrence!
This is slightly different from your other songs but it sure has a punch to it.
Very good mixing quality also!

Rob
Thank you. I would like to stretch out and see if I can change my style up. We'll see what happens.

Super song. Your best song for me.
Great sound.

Sergio
Posted By: dani48 Re: Walking Throught A Graveyard Revisited - 03/24/17 06:48 PM
Hi, Lawrence !

What a tune, absolutely superb !
Loved everything about it, melody,
singing, mixing, the arrangement
and naturally the playing !

Cheers
Dani
Lawrence, excellent in every way. Great song, great performance, great production!! Vocals really work! I thought the key change really set off the song. Thanks, Torrey.
Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

Super song. Your best song for me.
Great sound.

Sergio
Thank you Sergio. I'm glad you liked it.
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Lawrence !

What a tune, absolutely superb !
Loved everything about it, melody,
singing, mixing, the arrangement
and naturally the playing !

Cheers
Dani
Thank you Dani!

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Lawrence, excellent in every way. Great song, great performance, great production!! Vocals really work! I thought the key change really set off the song. Thanks, Torrey.
Thank you Torrey. I'm a sucker for key changes, lol.
© PG Music Forums