PG Music Home
Posted By: Steve Young New Song - Another Dawn - 03/26/17 08:14 PM
I decided to play a little more of the instruments on this one than normal. (Piano, organ, percussion, and orchestration softsynth.) Been pretty busy lately, so hope this one comes out okay. Hope you enjoy it!

Another Dawn

Here are the RealTracks I used...

RealTracks in song: 2475:Bass, Acoustic, HeldSimple Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 2667:Pedal Steel, Background DreamySingleNote Ev 075
RealTracks in song: 1215:Vibes, Rhythm Bossa Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 2449:Guitar, Electric, Background, PopDreamyBrent Ev 085 (CustomFX)
Posted By: Robertkc Re: New Song - Another Dawn - 03/26/17 08:48 PM
Very soothing and beautifully sung, Steve.
The production is just right- simple, with just enough instrumentation to keep the flow.
The stately melody and natural imagery reminded me of Jesse Winchester`s ballad Biloxi.

Robert
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: New Song - Another Dawn - 03/26/17 08:51 PM
Absolutely beautiful Steve! Your vocal is outstanding (along with the backing vocals). Your playing sounds great also. But more than that, the song is great and will touch many people. Thanks, Torrey.
Posted By: PeterF Re: New Song - Another Dawn - 03/27/17 03:06 AM
Steve

Lovely work all round - a top production beautifully sung and played.

Peter
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: New Song - Another Dawn - 03/27/17 09:18 AM
What a wonderful song. Beautiful. I really enjoyed the harmonies on this one and for me, everything sets perfectly in the mix. You have produced a very compelling write to go with the excellent arrangement. I truly enjoyed this.

Charlie
Posted By: floyd jane Re: New Song - Another Dawn - 03/27/17 11:13 AM
"And if I listen close, I hear the angels' song
And in the midnight hour I know it won't be long
Til the sunshine ushers in another dawn
And bigger dreams are born"

A very nice write, Steve. Beautifully sung. Lovely arrangement.

A terrific listen. Always like how "comfortable" your vocals are. Sincere, confident, strong.

fj
Posted By: Scott C Re: New Song - Another Dawn - 03/27/17 11:21 AM
I can only repeat what the others have said. This is just a beautiful song and a super vocal. Well done
Posted By: 44kfl Re: New Song - Another Dawn - 03/27/17 11:43 AM
Beautiful song

Your attention to detail is excellent

to me this is a stop and smell the roses,
be still and be amazed at God's creations and love

this is one to be proud of

Kenny
Posted By: tommyad Re: New Song - Another Dawn - 03/27/17 01:40 PM
Steve, this is a really nice write with a fine arrangement some great playing and your trademark impeccable vocals. A top notch listen. Tom
Posted By: RnAM Re: New Song - Another Dawn - 03/27/17 04:57 PM
this is the kind of song where I particularly like your voice.
It's beautiful, as ever ;-)

Rob
Posted By: animarorecords Re: New Song - Another Dawn - 03/29/17 03:00 AM
Hello, Steve

Very beautiful song!
Your main vocal and the backing vocals are outstanding.
As Robert said, the production is just right- simple, with just enough instrumentation to keep the flow.
Hammond organ solo is very pleasant.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - Another Dawn - 03/29/17 11:18 PM
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Very soothing and beautifully sung, Steve.
The production is just right- simple, with just enough instrumentation to keep the flow.
The stately melody and natural imagery reminded me of Jesse Winchester`s ballad Biloxi.

Robert

Thanks, Robert! I appreciate your comments. I went back and listened to Biloxi after reading your comment. I haven't listened to that one in decades! I can see where you get the comparison. I take that as a real compliment. Winchester was a good writer!

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Absolutely beautiful Steve! Your vocal is outstanding (along with the backing vocals). Your playing sounds great also. But more than that, the song is great and will touch many people. Thanks, Torrey.

Torrey, I really appreciate your words of encouragement. I hope the song does touch many people! Blessings to you!

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Steve

Lovely work all round - a top production beautifully sung and played.

Peter

Peter, thanks so much for dropping in to listen and comment about this one. Much appreciated!

---

Steve
Posted By: Achordocaster Re: New Song - Another Dawn - 03/30/17 02:20 AM
Hey Steve,

This is beautiful. So smoooth... and a great vocal!

Excellent write.

Greg
Posted By: rsdean Re: New Song - Another Dawn - 03/30/17 08:21 AM
Steve,

Absolutely beautiful... I really enjoyed this.

Bob
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - Another Dawn - 04/01/17 09:50 PM
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
What a wonderful song. Beautiful. I really enjoyed the harmonies on this one and for me, everything sets perfectly in the mix. You have produced a very compelling write to go with the excellent arrangement. I truly enjoyed this.

Charlie

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on this one, Charlie! Really appreciate it!

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
"And if I listen close, I hear the angels' song
And in the midnight hour I know it won't be long
Til the sunshine ushers in another dawn
And bigger dreams are born"

A very nice write, Steve. Beautifully sung. Lovely arrangement.

A terrific listen. Always like how "comfortable" your vocals are. Sincere, confident, strong.

fj

Floyd, I always appreciate your very kind words. Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment!

Originally Posted By: Scott C
I can only repeat what the others have said. This is just a beautiful song and a super vocal. Well done

Thanks so much, Scott! Much appreciated.

Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Beautiful song

Your attention to detail is excellent

to me this is a stop and smell the roses,
be still and be amazed at God's creations and love

this is one to be proud of

Kenny

Thank you, Kenny. Glad you like this one!

====

Steve
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: New Song - Another Dawn - 04/02/17 09:20 AM
Wow, so good! Everything about this is top notch. Love the vocals, especially when you brought in the harmonies. Great hearing the live instruments in there also. Mix is perfect!
Really, really good, on my second listen smile
Posted By: David Snyder Re: New Song - Another Dawn - 04/02/17 10:20 AM
Great song Steve, beautiful lyrics and vocal delivery.

The playing is excellent on the "live parts"--you have a very nice touch.

I can see why people are streaming your music so much. It is great!!

smile
Posted By: gruverider Re: New Song - Another Dawn - 04/02/17 01:02 PM
a beautiful song

and a great study on arrangement and production

excellent all around
Posted By: MarioD Re: New Song - Another Dawn - 04/02/17 10:01 PM
Steve, I am late and everything that I wanted to say already has been said, i.e beautiful song, outstanding lyrics and vocal, great job on playing your own instruments,etc etc etc.

All I can add is if this were playing on the radio I would immediately go out and buy the CD.

This is definitely a keeper.
Posted By: Al-David Re: New Song - Another Dawn - 04/05/17 03:32 AM
Steve,

This is the epitome of simplicity at its most beautiful. A superb arrangement and vocals that are so comfortable for the ears and the mind. This is splendid in so many ways. Standing "O" from both of us.

Alan & Di
Posted By: Yorkshireknight Re: New Song - Another Dawn - 04/05/17 06:44 AM
Lovely lovely,lovley Steve. Wonderful song and vocals.
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - Another Dawn - 04/07/17 10:52 PM
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Steve, this is a really nice write with a fine arrangement some great playing and your trademark impeccable vocals. A top notch listen. Tom

Thanks so much, Tom, for listening and commenting! Appreciate your kind words.

Originally Posted By: RnAM
this is the kind of song where I particularly like your voice.
It's beautiful, as ever ;-)

Rob

Thank you, Rob! Glad you like this one.

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Steve

Very beautiful song!
Your main vocal and the backing vocals are outstanding.
As Robert said, the production is just right- simple, with just enough instrumentation to keep the flow.
Hammond organ solo is very pleasant.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Thanks, Shigeki! Your comments are very welcome.

Originally Posted By: Achordocaster
Hey Steve,

This is beautiful. So smoooth... and a great vocal!

Excellent write.

Greg

Hi, Greg. Always good to hear from you. Glad you enjoyed this one!

===

Steve
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - Another Dawn - 04/07/17 11:00 PM
I made a video for the song...

Another Dawn Video

Thanks,

Steve

Posted By: Sergio Guarneri Re: New Song - Another Dawn - 04/08/17 07:36 PM

Beautiful one. Excellent work on the melody.
Great the tambourine near the end of the song.

Sergio
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - Another Dawn - 04/09/17 07:13 PM
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Steve,

Absolutely beautiful... I really enjoyed this.

Bob

Thanks, Bob! Always good to hear from you!

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Wow, so good! Everything about this is top notch. Love the vocals, especially when you brought in the harmonies. Great hearing the live instruments in there also. Mix is perfect!
Really, really good, on my second listen smile

Thank you, Dave. I appreciate you dropping by and commenting on this one! Glad you like it.

Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Great song Steve, beautiful lyrics and vocal delivery.

The playing is excellent on the "live parts"--you have a very nice touch.

I can see why people are streaming your music so much. It is great!!

smile

David, always good to hear from you! Your comments are very appreciated!

Originally Posted By: gruverider
a beautiful song

and a great study on arrangement and production

excellent all around

Thanks, Lawrence! Really appreciate your kind words!

===

Steve
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: New Song - Another Dawn - 04/10/17 01:41 PM

Tom pretty much wrapped it up! This is one of my few favorites of yours among many favorites. It's meditative and really, really BEAUTIFUL!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: New Song - Another Dawn - 04/10/17 03:51 PM
Busy or not it came out just fine.

The melody, lyric and vocal are all so supportive of one another. And your playing wonderfully complements the above. As in the dictionary definition of complements (with the "e" smile ) states, "a thing that brings to perfection."

And from Greg, we'll borrow "...meditative and really, really beautiful."

Thanks for sharing.

J&B
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - Another Dawn - 04/12/17 11:05 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Steve, I am late and everything that I wanted to say already has been said, i.e beautiful song, outstanding lyrics and vocal, great job on playing your own instruments,etc etc etc.

All I can add is if this were playing on the radio I would immediately go out and buy the CD.

This is definitely a keeper.

Always good to hear from you, Mario! Thanks for your kind words. (I'll let you know when this one is in the stores.) smile

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Steve,

This is the epitome of simplicity at its most beautiful. A superb arrangement and vocals that are so comfortable for the ears and the mind. This is splendid in so many ways. Standing "O" from both of us.

Alan & Di

Thanks, Alan & Di! I'm glad you enjoyed this one!

==

Steve
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: New Song - Another Dawn - 04/13/17 12:55 PM
Hi Steve...

this is the kind of writing I've come to expect from you... lush and intricately woven with subtle background patterns and a message that resonates with any spirit whose hope extends beyond the confines of a temporal existence!

Your talents are varied, and they provide the unique ingredients that set your songs apart from everyone else's (although I guess that statement is kind of generic, since everyone's uniqueness shapes their music. )

But I'm speaking specifically about how your faith influences your lyrics in an infinitely expansive way. Your performing and mixing talents are the icing on the cake.

There are lots of people in this forum who are doing a great job of showing what is possible with Band in a Box. And you are one of them. But you are one of the few who shows how it can be used as a ministry. I like that about your songs, and I respect your willingness to use your gift of music in that direction.
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - Another Dawn - 04/16/17 08:45 PM
Originally Posted By: Yorkshireknight
Lovely lovely,lovley Steve. Wonderful song and vocals.

Thanks so much, Paul! Appreciate your kind words.

Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

Beautiful one. Excellent work on the melody.
Great the tambourine near the end of the song.

Sergio

Sergio, really glad you like the melody on this one. Thanks for dropping by and commenting!

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson

Tom pretty much wrapped it up! This is one of my few favorites of yours among many favorites. It's meditative and really, really BEAUTIFUL!! Take care. Greg

Thank you very much, Greg! Glad you like it!
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - Another Dawn - 04/24/17 01:08 AM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Busy or not it came out just fine.

The melody, lyric and vocal are all so supportive of one another. And your playing wonderfully complements the above. As in the dictionary definition of complements (with the "e" smile ) states, "a thing that brings to perfection."

And from Greg, we'll borrow "...meditative and really, really beautiful."

Thanks for sharing.

J&B

Janice and Bud, thanks so much! Your comments are always very welcome and appreciated!

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Hi Steve...

this is the kind of writing I've come to expect from you... lush and intricately woven with subtle background patterns and a message that resonates with any spirit whose hope extends beyond the confines of a temporal existence!

Your talents are varied, and they provide the unique ingredients that set your songs apart from everyone else's (although I guess that statement is kind of generic, since everyone's uniqueness shapes their music. )

But I'm speaking specifically about how your faith influences your lyrics in an infinitely expansive way. Your performing and mixing talents are the icing on the cake.

There are lots of people in this forum who are doing a great job of showing what is possible with Band in a Box. And you are one of them. But you are one of the few who shows how it can be used as a ministry. I like that about your songs, and I respect your willingness to use your gift of music in that direction.

Thank you, Pat! I always enjoy hearing from you. Your comments are very appreciated. Glad you like this one. I do try to write songs that are uplifting, and hopefully point in the right direction. Thanks again for your encouraging words.

===

Steve
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: New Song - Another Dawn - 04/24/17 08:47 AM
Steve,

Alan & Di

+1 on what Alan & Di said. This is definitely a keeper, Steve!

Donny
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - Another Dawn - 04/26/17 08:52 PM
Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
Steve,

Alan & Di

+1 on what Alan & Di said. This is definitely a keeper, Steve!

Donny

Thanks so much, Don! It's so nice to hear from you. I hope you are doing well! Really appreciate your generous comment!

===

Steve
Posted By: Noel96 Re: New Song - Another Dawn - 05/09/17 06:18 AM
Steve,

This is such a mighty presentation. I don't know what words I can use to tell you just how beautiful this sounded to me. Everything resonated with magnificence. You took me to places that no song has ever taken me before. I really enjoyed this journey.

May good things come your way,
Noel
© PG Music Forums