PG Music Home
Posted By: guitar1 The Journey - 04/10/17 11:03 PM
Hello,
Just posted a new track on Soundcloud entitled "The Journey". This is a song I wrote several years ago and I am just getting around to recording it. Hope you like it.

The Journey
Posted By: Al-David Re: The Journey - 04/11/17 05:21 AM
Hi Gary,

We really like this one - it's our favorite of yours. As always, the simplicity of your backing tracks is a real winner. And, this might be your best vocal to date, at least that we've heard. The minor key has a haunting aura that put a smile on our faces. Super song in all respects. And that harmonica wails - you got a great sound from it - perfect choice!

Best to you,

Alan & Di
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: The Journey - 04/11/17 05:18 PM
Very cool song Gary!! You have a great style. Your vocals are so natural, and you put a great "band" together. Enjoyed very much! Take care. Greg
Posted By: guitar1 Re: The Journey - 04/11/17 07:47 PM
Thanks Greg,
I've been doing that song so long it is just second nature by now. It's the newer ones that give me trouble. I guess it takes a while for me to work out where I want to go with it, and every song has about a thousand possible directions that you can take it. I am sure I don't have to tell you that. I don't think I've ever met a songwriter that didn't understand that. I appreciate your comments on my work. I also value your input. It is funny how some songs just happen, almost like it was just lying there waiting for me to discover, and the next one is like pulling teeth to finally finish. I've had songs stashed away in a drawer, at times for several years before finally pulling them out to finish. It makes me wonder why I even chose to do this. Sorry, I do tend to ruminate out loud at times. Thanks so much.
Posted By: guitar1 Re: The Journey - 04/11/17 08:04 PM
Thanks so much Alan & Di,
This song was slated to be the signature song of a bluegrass album that I planned to record. I spent some years touring and doing Country Gospel. At that time I did all my recordings in Nashville, but when I stopped touring, I couldn't afford the studio fees anymore. Until now. I'm having to struggle to get my voice back in shape. It is just a labor of love now, but I still find that I enjoy it even more than ever. Thanks again. I really appreciate your comments, it makes my day.
Posted By: Scott C Re: The Journey - 04/12/17 01:45 PM
Very cool backtrack on this one. Reminds me of the songs done in the movie O Brother, Where Art Thou. Well done
Posted By: guitar1 Re: The Journey - 04/12/17 10:00 PM
Thanks Scott,
Believe it or not, that is exactly the vibe that I was shooting for. I really appreciate your input on my work, not to mention my appreciation for your picking talents. Thank you so much.
Posted By: MarioD Re: The Journey - 04/12/17 10:09 PM
Everything about this one is perfect! Great backing tracks, lyrics, mix along with a super vocal. I love the blues and that blues harp took it over the top for me! Great job.

This is a keeper.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: The Journey - 04/15/17 09:04 PM
Gary, man there is some deep feeling in this song and I appreciate it. One feels that you truly believe what your singing and that makes it work. It's a fairly stripped down arrangement but that's exactly what it needs in my opinion. Everything works well. Thanks, Torrey.
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: The Journey - 04/20/17 08:53 PM
Hi Guitar1, Thank you for sharing this with us! I really enjoyed the progression. Well done! smile
© PG Music Forums