PG Music Home
Posted By: Al-David Delta Danger - 04/17/17 07:47 AM
Delta Danger

https://soundcloud.com/alananddi/delta-danger

I'm terrible naming my instrumentals so humor me with this one ...please??!! I envisioned vicious alligators, a voodoo priestess, a thick daunting mist, strange and nefarious-looking birds in the bald cypress trees, occasional fingers of spooky sunlight peeking through the canopy of Spanish moss - you get the picture. Thus the title.

This is another one I put together while I was doing my chemo last year. It's a musical bed with no real lead tracks but the slide guitar carries the tune pretty good. I tried like heck to get a few more horn stabs in the background but BIAB was stubborn and stingy - it's not from a lack of trying! The reason I didn't create a lead track for it is because I submitted for possible inclusion in a movie and they wanted a swamp sounding bed with minimal or no significant lead track. I kinda liked it when I finished it so I never went back for a lead track at a later time.

If I got real ambitious I could probably write a lyric for it. Maybe some day - just not this day! Thanks for your time to listen and comments.

(c) 2016 Alan D. David, BMI

WILL POST A LIST OF THE BIAB TRACKS AS SOON AS I LOCATE THEM.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Delta Danger - 04/17/17 07:57 AM
Love this Al & Di. Very cool rhythm to this tune..
Posted By: RnAM Re: Delta Danger - 04/17/17 10:27 AM
Hi Al,

I don't see/hear the danger at all. It gives me a feeling of riding a horseback, slowly and rhythmically (I never ride a horse, but anyway... wink ).
Gives me a nice feeling, so I'd call it: Equestrianism.

Anne-Marie
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Delta Danger - 04/17/17 01:25 PM
Alan,
Love the rhythm and slide.Nice try on the horns ( I tried something similar with those horns in BiaB- they are tricky)
I enjoyed the swampy atmosphere!

Robert
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Delta Danger - 04/17/17 07:10 PM
Good one, Alan. Enjoyed the listen.

You described it as sort of "dark and sinister", but I thought it had a bit of "bounce" and "liveliness" to it... swamp creatures having a dance...

Very well mixed.

smile
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Delta Danger - 04/17/17 08:43 PM
This little tune has a great mix on it and I really like the chord changes. To me this is Jazz meets delta blues at some happy place in the middle. Drums sound exceptionally good to me. Thanks, Torrey.
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Delta Danger - 04/17/17 10:03 PM
nice one

good mix and arrangement

I really like the groove

Kenny
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Delta Danger - 04/17/17 10:33 PM
Hi Alan, Very cool vibe on this! Love the Guitar riffs, they have a very good flow to the rhythms. Nice work! smile
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Delta Danger - 04/18/17 06:55 AM
After reading your dialog, I really didn't know what to expect, but I can state that I sure was pleasantly surprised.

This has got a great rhythmical feel, excellent jive, and all around sound that makes you want to go and listen to it again and again.

Really, really cool.

BTW: The tune title is just perfect.

Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Delta Danger - 04/18/17 10:37 AM
floyd said "swamp creatures having a dance." That was funny...and fitting!

We enjoyed it from beginning to end.

Nice production and good potential for a film or tv background theme.

Nice.

J&V
Posted By: Sergio Guarneri Re: Delta Danger - 04/18/17 05:47 PM

Nice sound, well mixed.
It gaves me the sensation of the ambient you want to describe.

Well done.

Sergio
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Delta Danger - 04/18/17 06:12 PM

Yowsa! I need me some crawdaddies now y'all.

smile

Cool tune!
Posted By: Al-David Re: Delta Danger - 04/18/17 06:48 PM
Scott and Rob & Anne Marie,

Thanks a bunch for the listen and the kind words - glad you enjoyed it! Your input is appreciated.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Delta Danger - 04/18/17 06:49 PM
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Alan,
Love the rhythm and slide.Nice try on the horns ( I tried something similar with those horns in BiaB- they are tricky)
I enjoyed the swampy atmosphere!

Robert

Thanks ya! Much appreciated. And yeah, those midi tracks - especially the horns - have a mind of their own! Thanks again.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Delta Danger - 04/18/17 06:52 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane

You described it as sort of "dark and sinister", but I thought it had a bit of "bounce" and "liveliness" to it... swamp creatures having a dance...

Very well mixed.

smile

Glad ya liked it and appreciate ya letting me know! I wrote a song about 15 years ago called "Midnight In The Swamp" where a verse talks about snakes and alligators dancing in a pirogue left behind. Never posted it here as I created it in my older music creation software - before I became a BIAB user.

But glad ya like this one. And yes, the bayous have a rhythm as do the critters there. Best to you,

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Delta Danger - 04/18/17 06:54 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
This little tune has a great mix on it and I really like the chord changes. To me this is Jazz meets delta blues at some happy place in the middle. Drums sound exceptionally good to me. Thanks, Torrey.

Thanks Torrey - much appreciated. And I think that's an apt description! Wishing you the very best,
Posted By: Al-David Re: Delta Danger - 04/18/17 06:56 PM
Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Hi Alan, Very cool vibe on this! Love the Guitar riffs, they have a very good flow to the rhythms. Nice work! smile

Hello Joe, from PG Music! First of all - you guys have the best music creation software on the planet - love it! And glad you liked the vibe. Thanks for the kind and encouraging words. Best to you,

Alan & Di
Posted By: Al-David Re: Delta Danger - 04/18/17 06:57 PM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
After reading your dialog, I really didn't know what to expect, but I can state that I sure was pleasantly surprised.

This has got a great rhythmical feel, excellent jive, and all around sound that makes you want to go and listen to it again and again.

Really, really cool.

BTW: The tune title is just perfect.

Good evening, VT! Glad the surprise was pleasant - that's always a good thing to hear! Ab=nd feel free to listen to it as often as you would care to - no extra charge!
Posted By: Al-David Re: Delta Danger - 04/18/17 07:00 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
floyd said "swamp creatures having a dance." That was funny...and fitting!

We enjoyed it from beginning to end.

Nice production and good potential for a film or tv background theme.

Nice.

J&V

Hi guys! More than delighted you liked it! You two are always so supportive of everyone here - I think we speak for just about everybody when we say that's so danged nice of you! Thanks so very much! Nothing but the best wishes for yas.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Delta Danger - 04/18/17 07:01 PM
Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

Nice sound, well mixed.
It gaves me the sensation of the ambient you want to describe.

Well done.

Sergio

Thank you very much, Sergio. You are very kind with your words. best to you.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Delta Danger - 04/18/17 07:02 PM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Yowsa! I need me some crawdaddies now y'all.

smile

Cool tune!

David,

Cool - thanks so much. And we'll FAX you a bowl of crawdaddy stew - not responsible for it gumming up your machine, though! All the very best!
Posted By: dani48 Re: Delta Danger - 04/18/17 07:58 PM
Hi, Al & Di !

I like this in every
aspect ! To me it is
simply lovely !:))

I like the slide guitar
sound too !!!!

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Al-David Re: Delta Danger - 04/21/17 09:59 PM
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Al & Di !

I like this in every
aspect ! To me it is
simply lovely !:))

I like the slide guitar
sound too !!!!

Cheers
Dani

Thank you, Danny! Glad you enjoyed it! Have a great weekend!

Alan & Di
Posted By: animarorecords Re: Delta Danger - 04/22/17 04:20 AM
Hello, Alan

Very Jazzy and Bluesy.
The slide guitar with the tight rhythm is so nice.
I listened to this tune as if Stevie Wonder were playing the slide guitar.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: Al-David Re: Delta Danger - 04/22/17 06:40 AM
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Alan

Very Jazzy and Bluesy.
The slide guitar with the tight rhythm is so nice.
I listened to this tune as if Stevie Wonder were playing the slide guitar.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Hi Shigeki,

I never anticipated someone saying they pictured Stevie Wonder doing anything on this but that's a pretty cool observation! I'm delighted you liked it! Thank you for the very nice words. Hope you have a terrific weekend!

Alan
Posted By: PeterF Re: Delta Danger - 04/22/17 07:33 PM
A very enjoyable listen. Very well produced and sounds great.

Peter
Posted By: Al-David Re: Delta Danger - 04/23/17 06:01 PM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
A very enjoyable listen. Very well produced and sounds great.

Peter
Thanks so much, Peter. Really do appreciate that! Hope your weekend has gone well.

Alan
Posted By: MarioD Re: Delta Danger - 04/23/17 09:46 PM
I'll be that if you played this in the swamp that the gators would start dancing!

I was expecting something dark and moody! WOW what surprise I got when I started listening. A real happy, toe tapping instrumental you have here.

Everything else has already been said.

Loved it and this is a keeper.

{edit} You wrote this while on chemo? When I was on chemo if I sneezed I would have to take a nap to recover! I'm glad that you beat the big C.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Delta Danger - 04/23/17 10:31 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
I'll be that if you played this in the swamp that the gators would start dancing!

I was expecting something dark and moody! WOW what surprise I got when I started listening. A real happy, toe tapping instrumental you have here.

Everything else has already been said.

Loved it and this is a keeper.

{edit} You wrote this while on chemo? When I was on chemo if I sneezed I would have to take a nap to recover! I'm glad that you beat the big C.

Hi Mario,

Thank you so much for that kindness. I sure do appreciate it. I took chemo every two weeks from January 2015 - August 2015. Talk about no fun!

Actually, I wrote 61 instrumentals during that time. I had to do something with all that time I was incapable of doing much of anything requiring physical exertion. If I posted one a week, it would take me a year to post them all - s0mething aren't worth posting, so maybe 7 or 8 months.

I still can't play guitar very well as only about 60% of the feeling has returned to my left hand. Almost no feeling in the little finger and the one next to it. The rest of the hand is almost back to normal, though. I look at that as and encouraging sign!

Best to you, my friend,

Alan

PS: I wrote a song about 15 years ago called "Midnight In The Swamp". One of the lines is "Alligators dance with snakes in the pirogue left behind". I haven't posted it here because the music was done in a different music creation software, not BIAB. If you're interested, I can send you a link in a pm.
Posted By: Steve Young Re: Delta Danger - 04/24/17 12:41 AM
Alan and Di,

This sounds really great! I love the feel to it, and the slide words really well for me. Really enjoyed it!

Steve
Posted By: Al-David Re: Delta Danger - 04/24/17 01:44 AM
Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Alan and Di,

This sounds really great! I love the feel to it, and the slide words really well for me. Really enjoyed it!

Steve

Thanks a bunch, Steve. We sure do appreciate it! Hope you had a great weekend.
Posted By: rsdean Re: Delta Danger - 04/24/17 06:21 AM
Alan,

This all sounds very mysterious... Loved it! What a great mix of tracks and soundscape. Really very cool!

Bob
Posted By: Al-David Re: Delta Danger - 04/24/17 06:57 AM
Thanks, Bob. That's what I was looking fo. I hope your weekend was great!

Alan
Posted By: tommyad Re: Delta Danger - 04/24/17 09:06 AM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane

Very well mixed.

smile

floyd says it well. Nicely put together. I enjoyed it. Tom
Posted By: gruverider Re: Delta Danger - 04/25/17 10:57 PM
Swamp Rock is what we call it around the Atchafalaya. And you nailed it!

wonderful tune
Posted By: Al-David Re: Delta Danger - 04/26/17 01:14 AM
Originally Posted By: gruverider
Swamp Rock is what we call it around the Atchafalaya. And you nailed it!

wonderful tune

Thank you, Lawrence. I appreciate the great comments. Have good one!

Alan
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Delta Danger - 05/01/17 08:32 PM
Cool vibe Al!! I like the title just fine. Very cool instrumental! Take care. Greg
© PG Music Forums