PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Jon's Groove - 04/26/17 08:58 PM
Just a fun song to record.

The chords in Jon's Groove was written by JonD.

The BiaB style was Miles Slow Funk (Fusion). The drums were kept but everything else was deleted.

JonD is playing the B3 via his keyboard controller.

I am playing the guitar and fretless bass as well as the individual trumpets 1 and 2, the alto, tenor and bari saxes, the trombone and the flute via my wind controller.

Jon's Groove
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Jon's Groove - 04/26/17 09:33 PM
Mario, a lot of creativity going on here. You had me thinking Jethro Tull at the 1:30 mark. Thanks, Torrey.
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Jon's Groove - 04/26/17 09:46 PM
Hi MarioD, Well done as usual! Love the flute and organ play at 1:30. Very soothing vibe. Great work! smile
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Jon's Groove - 04/26/17 11:21 PM
Nice! Love the guitar, and the flute/keyboard dialogue.
Reminds me of the Theme from Shaft for some reason, not sure why, maybe the groove?
Anyway, good instrumental, enjoyed the listen!
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Jon's Groove - 04/27/17 12:31 AM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Nice! Love the guitar, and the flute/keyboard dialogue.
Reminds me of the Theme from Shaft for some reason, not sure why, maybe the groove?
Anyway, good instrumental, enjoyed the listen!

Cool! and what Dave said, Theme from Shaft
very creative
would be great for a movie soundtrack
you say this cat is a bad mf, shut your mouth

Kenny
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Jon's Groove - 04/27/17 08:25 AM
Mario & Jon,

Nice!

A very cool composition. Interesting parts all over the place. This keeps your ears involved from start to finish. Around each corner, an aural surprise - and, yet, perfectly comfortable.

One of your best! Super.

fj
Posted By: rsdean Re: Jon's Groove - 04/27/17 08:46 AM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Mario, a lot of creativity going on here. You had me thinking Jethro Tull at the 1:30 mark. Thanks, Torrey.

Mario,

Excellent!

Bob
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Jon's Groove - 04/27/17 09:45 AM
Mario

What a deep, enticing groove you and Jon got going there.

There's a fantastic mysterious jive sitting through the entire mix.

Ans wow, yes, I could hear a bit of Jethro in there also. This really added a great dimension.

Overall, an A+

You kept a simple theme delivering a broad captivation of sounds right throughout.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Jon's Groove - 04/27/17 11:08 AM
Very cool tune. Mario. Loved the backtrack
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Jon's Groove - 04/27/17 11:05 PM
Mario,

I always enjoy the freedom you bring to your compositions and this is one of your best. The backtrack creates that funky groove and then you play!
Really well done.

Robert
Posted By: PeterF Re: Jon's Groove - 04/27/17 11:11 PM
Mario

A really engaging instrumental.
Excellent work.

Peter
Posted By: edshaw Re: Jon's Groove - 04/28/17 12:14 AM
How you made that, Mario, could be a very good
documentary. No frills, just straight out video
report showing the musicians going through the
steps.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Jon's Groove - 04/28/17 02:20 AM
Hi Mario,

Your musical compositions are always so interesting and so well done. The change around 1:30, with the flute, was a pleasant surprise. And how can you beat a B3? Not easily! We really enjoyed how the music weaved from one movement to another. As always, a super track! You're a very talented fellow!!! Wishing you the very best.

Alan & Di
Posted By: LPman Re: Jon's Groove - 04/28/17 04:38 AM
Well done, very talented with weaving the instruments with each other. Thumbs up!
Posted By: tommyad Re: Jon's Groove - 04/28/17 09:53 AM
Mario and Jon, I liked the different sections in this. Great playing and arrangement. I also thought of Shaft and then read that Dave said the same thing. A super listen, Tom
Posted By: RnAM Re: Jon's Groove - 04/28/17 01:36 PM
Now that was different!
This would do very well in a movie.
Several elements in this one that are weaved together so very well.
We love that B3 Hammond by the way.

Rob & Anne-Marie
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Jon's Groove - 05/02/17 01:00 PM
Like mr jane said "Around each corner, an aural surprise"

Indeed

Man, this is a great show piece for your chops on multiple instruments.

Excellent!

J&B
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: Jon's Groove - 05/02/17 01:26 PM
Man, I like the back and forth going on. That is so cool! I like how you got the sounds too! Technology opens up a lot of new doors!
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Jon's Groove - 05/02/17 06:22 PM
SOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!! I love the vibe. I could see this being used in a Tarantino film. Different, retro, and really interesting music. Love the reverby guitar. Very, very cool tune Mario!!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: MarioD Re: Jon's Groove - 05/10/17 09:14 PM
I apologize for taking so long to respond but life has really gotten in the way of my music the past few weeks.

Torrey, and VT - thanx for the Jethro Tull comment. I really like Ian's playing.

Joe, Dave, Kenny, Peter, fj, Bob, Scott, Robert, Ed, Alan & Di, PLMan, Dan, RnAM, J&B, HearToLearn, and Greg, thanx for listening and the very nice comments. We appreciate them.

I did not even think of Shaft until you mentioned it!

There is something about a B3 that just makes a song. But that B4II software CD is a lot easier to carry to a gig than the old B3 and Leslie that we used to carry!

Thanx again all for listening and commenting. I will share these will JonD the next time I see him.
© PG Music Forums