PG Music Home
Posted By: Froi Pain - 04/26/17 11:06 PM
The original mix of this song was created purely with keyboard simulating the sound of various instruments. I like the arrangement but it sound so artificial.

I bought BIAB a month ago and tried improving the mix and I really love it, given that the instruments used are real!!!

Below is the link:
https://soundcloud.com/froilan-g-villegas/pain-remixed

Here are the details of the track:

Guitar 1: ~~543:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Dreamy Ev 120
Guitar 2: ~~522:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 120
String Quartet: 2335:String Quartet, Rhythm PopHall Ev 085

Vocal track was recorded using Acid Pro 7 and final mix was done using Garageband.

My inspiration in the song arrangement is Dan Fogelberg's song Longer and The Beatles' song Eleanor Rigby

I'm currently reworking on my other songs to use BIAB.

I hope you'll like it!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Pain - 04/27/17 08:19 AM
Froi,

A new first post. Nice song, beautiful melody. Very pleasant vocal.

Very nice mix. Everything blends well. Acoustic guitar, strings and vocal all in good balance. The strings work well.

Well done.

Welcome to the Showcase!

floyd
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Pain - 04/27/17 09:57 AM
Froi

Wow.

Two things

1:
A big welcome to the forum

2:
What a sensational introductory effort.
The song is beautiful, colorful and has great feel. Wonderful lyrics. You've actually added a truly marvelous set of lyrics, delivered with amazing and professional vocals. There was no pain in listening to this song, I can assure you. smile

I'm looking forward to hearing more of your skills.

Great effort.

Thanks again.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Pain - 04/27/17 11:06 AM
Welcome to the forum. Beautiful backtrack and vocal well done
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Pain - 04/27/17 11:14 PM
Froi,
Very well done in all respects - a warm and sincere song with a very pretty melody and your arrangement is just right.
An amazingly polished production for your first BiaB song-
looking forward to more.

Robert
Posted By: Froi Re: Pain - 04/28/17 12:30 AM
Thank you for all your kind words and comments. BIAB has been a great help. It helps me expand my creativity. I've heard of this app before but never got interested until lately and I'm glad I did.

There are still a lot of things that I need to explore in BIAB but in time I'll get know how use its full potential.

I have posted another remixed song that I made but the vocal and guitar solo track recorded still need some fine tuning. I might still post this later to get some suggestions on how to improve it. But the BIAB real tracks that I used there really sound great.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Pain - 04/28/17 02:15 AM
Hi!

Welcome to the PG Music Users Showcase.

This is a truly pretty song. Everything is in perfect balance and your vocal is excellent. Very nice! An excellent first post.

Alan & Di
Posted By: RnAM Re: Pain - 04/28/17 01:41 PM
Very sweet song!

Rob & Anne-Marie
Posted By: Callie - PG Music Re: Pain - 04/28/17 02:14 PM
Froi,

Welcome to the forum! Thank you for sharing this song with us, it's a beautiful "first song post" that I thoroughly enjoyed listening to (as I'm sure others are also!) - looking forward to listening to your future songs! smile

This is today's Hot Forum Topic!
Posted By: Froi Re: Pain - 04/29/17 12:29 AM
Wow!!! I don't know what to say.

Thanks a lot!!!
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Pain - 05/02/17 02:22 PM
WOW!!! Beautifully done. Everything about this is excellent. I am particularly intrigued by the vocal sound. What is your recording/processing signal chain? A great BIG WELCOME to the forum. Come back often!! Take care. Greg
© PG Music Forums