PG Music Home
Posted By: David Snyder New Album—Acoustic Guitar Serenades - 06/16/17 09:56 AM
New Album—Acoustic Guitar Serenades

For this new album, I explored all of the ways to create some really nice acoustic guitar ambient music using the new styles and a few older ones. There is quite a mélange. There are also several ways to listen, but I will give a note on songs first.

On the Soundcloud “Album Channel” I have posted three representative songs up top, Picnic in July, Hidden Buddha, and Swamp Magic.

Swamp Magic is just a song I played solo on acoustic—it was written when I was 12 years old on the same old Yamaha Floyd and I share as one of our first guitars. It took me an entire summer working in the fields to pay for it. (You will see it on the album cover.)

I got a chance to pick a little for Chet Atkins and even jam with him for a while when I met him because he was my hero.

Other ways to listen include going to the new You Tube commercial channel. If you listen there and/or subscribe, I get credit. smile

Soundcloud

https://soundcloud.com/davidsnyder_albumcollection

Acoustic Guitar Album YouTube

Guitar Serenades You Tube

Albums Amazon

David Albums Amazon

Attached picture Dave and Chet.jpg
Posted By: RnAM Re: New Album—Acoustic Guitar Serenades - 06/16/17 10:02 AM
Now this is a welcome and refreshing change!
Checked out a few and they all sound very nice, some tranquility there also ;-)

Rob
Posted By: rsdean Re: New Album—Acoustic Guitar Serenades - 06/16/17 12:11 PM
David,

Outstanding! Really great stuff...

Very cool picture - what year is that? Late 70's?

Bob
Bob, yeah, somewhere around there!

smile

Thanks for the comments!!!! Glad you liked it!
Thanks Rob and Anne-Marie! Well, I am glad you found it peaceful!!

I have to be tranquil at least 1 day a month!!!

smile
Posted By: floyd jane Re: New Album—Acoustic Guitar Serenades - 06/16/17 12:28 PM
A really nice collection!

A good, consistent listen across the board.

Wishing you platinum...

fj
These are really nice. Quite a collection.

Charlie
Love the picture of you and Chet, how cool is that?!

I went to that youtube channel but there is no content there as far as I could tell?

Listening over on soundcloud now, very nice!
Posted By: Scott C Re: New Album—Acoustic Guitar Serenades - 06/16/17 01:46 PM
I am with Dave on this one. Imagine to have met and played with Chet Atkins. What a super life event. There was a young man from Winnipeg that Chet Alkins took under his wing way back when. His name was Lenny Breau. You have a masterful touch with guitar David. These songs are so nice to listen to well done...
Hey Dave,

The YouTube channel pulls up fine for me I just clicked on it from here. All the songs are there. Dunno...

Anyway, glad you liked it!!

smile
Nice work David, just listened to Picnic In July and I love the vibe of it! Nice, straight-forward, mellow guitar work that is calming. Getting a pleasant summery vibe off this!

Can't wait to check out the rest of them smile
Thanks Charlie, I really appreciate that. Happy Father's Day to all relevant people everyone on the forum, by the way, or Happy Human Being's Day, however the case may apply.

smile
We listened to the first three. Very, very nice. You are most outstanding in establishing captivating moods.

We will come back for more.

Superb!

J&B
Thanks Janice and Bud! I appreciate the comments! I am glad you found yourself in a captivated mood and I hope you made the most of it!

smile

Thanks again!
Posted By: RichRayer Re: New Album—Acoustic Guitar Serenades - 06/19/17 09:33 AM
I really like the two classical style pieces in this collection. "Claire" is pretty, soft and tender. "Old Lovers Reunited" has a wonderful nostalgic feel to it. These two made and excellent start to my day. Thank you!
Posted By: 44kfl Re: New Album—Acoustic Guitar Serenades - 06/20/17 12:38 AM
very nice and easy to listen to,

of the ones that I got to that I really liked was Old Lovers Reunited

this does flow well from song to song

an accomplishment!

Kenny
Posted By: tommyad Re: New Album—Acoustic Guitar Serenades - 06/20/17 09:14 AM
David, Very nicely arranged and played. An enjoyable listening experience. Tom
Posted By: Al-David Re: New Album—Acoustic Guitar Serenades - 06/20/17 10:19 AM
Hey David,

Sweet! I listened to all but two of them - will get back to them as soon as I can. My favorites are "The Cliffs of Dover", "The Alchemist" and "Swamp Magic". If I had to choose one, it would probably be "The Alchemist". But the rich sound on "Cliffs of Dover" is just so sweet a satisfying. I could rave about all of them.

Great job - lots of talent on display. Loved it bunches!

Alan & Di

I heard many nice sounds in this album. I think there are some excellent tracks.
Very good the acoustic tone and guitar technique.

Sergio
Thanks Floyd!! Nothing but an old six string but I glad you liked it!

I guess we will both old on to those old guitars.

smile
Thanks Scott! That is very kind of you--coming from a guitar tone master such as yourself that means a lot!

smile
Thank you Rich.

The nylon pieces are from Soothing Classical Guitar Volume 2 released in March, and all available everywhere there is digital music.

The steel string versions are the three ones up top from Acoustic Serenades, just to help me help me help you jeep it all straight!!

smile

So glad you liked it and thanks for the kind words!
Thanks Kenny!
Thanks Tom.
Hey thank you so much Al and Di!! I am so glad you liked it, and I hope Di is feeling better.
Thank You Sergio,

That means a lot!!! I loved your last tune as well! Great stuff!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: New Album—Acoustic Guitar Serenades - 07/16/17 04:27 AM
David,

I made a note a little while back to return to this post and have a listen to your work. You really are an outstanding guitar player. I thoroughly enjoyed listening.

All the best,
Noel

Hey Thanks a lot Noel. That really means a lot to me.

I am so glad you enjoyed it!!

smile
© PG Music Forums