PG Music Home
Posted By: furry Rose of Baltimore - 06/26/17 05:54 AM
A tune composed for a friend in Nashville after her daughter was mowed down by a drunk driver. She fought for a few years, but sadly never recovered.

Real tracks used is just the one Celtic fingerpicking guitar. The accordion used is my Excelsior 940

Rose of Baltimore
Posted By: Al-David Re: Rose of Baltimore - 06/26/17 08:43 AM
Hi Graham,

Sadly, I (Alan) can relate to this too closely. My oldest son was killed by a drunk driver in San Antonio, Texas in 1985. I wish your friend strength throughout the remainder of her time. Interesting that his mother played the accordion.

Typically, I'm not a big fan of accordion. But, dang, this is just so pretty ... seriously, it's simply lovely. You had me pleasantly stunned throughout. Thank you for this beautiful and powerful song. Wishing you the very best.

Alan
Posted By: furry Re: Rose of Baltimore - 06/26/17 10:04 AM
Alan, she did pass away a few years ago after a very long struggle.
Her mum is a wonderful singer and by golly sounds very similar to Patsy Cline.
She has released a couple of cds.

She put words to the tune but I havn't seen them so far as we lost touch for a couple of years when she moved from Baltimore to Nashville
Posted By: Scott C Re: Rose of Baltimore - 06/26/17 10:27 PM
Beautiful piece. excellent playing
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Rose of Baltimore - 06/26/17 10:40 PM
Originally Posted By: furry
A tune composed for a friend in Nashville after her daughter was mowed down by a drunk driver. She fought for a few years, but sadly never recovered.

Real tracks used is just the one Celtic fingerpicking guitar. The accordion used is my Excelsior 940

Rose of Baltimore

Hi Furry, Great work on this! Really enjoyed the progression and the strings really help glue the elements together. Nice job! smile
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Rose of Baltimore - 06/26/17 11:34 PM
Furry, you are the master of your craft! You do such a good job with these numbers that I don't even know how to describe! All I can say is they sound awesome and I wish I could play any instrument with the feeling you squeeze out of your accordion!
Posted By: dcuny Re: Rose of Baltimore - 06/27/17 12:29 AM
Sad backstory, but a wonderfully played tune.
Posted By: furry Re: Rose of Baltimore - 06/27/17 03:33 PM
Thanks for the kind & touching comments guys. I love doing simple arrangements.
One of these days I'll compose a melody suitable for the lapsteel. Finding the inspiration is the problem just now
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Rose of Baltimore - 07/08/17 11:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Beautiful piece. excellent playing

That pretty much says it for me!! Such beautiful music!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: furry Re: Rose of Baltimore - 07/09/17 07:04 AM
Thanks a million Greg
© PG Music Forums