PG Music Home
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Brand New: "What Am I Doing Here?" - 08/29/17 05:18 PM
Hi Ya'll;

I'm finally submitting something new, entitled: "What Am I Doing Here?"

All tracks are BIAB except for vocals. I chose separate sections of BIAB tracks and blending them together in Pro-Tool 12.8, I hope you like it!!!

https://soundcloud.com/davebrooksmusic/what-am-i-doing-here
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Brand New: "What Am I Doing Here?" - 09/01/17 09:58 AM
This should be posted in the Showcase.

The only reason you would post a song here is to ask specifically about a recording, mixing, or production question about that song.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Brand New: "What Am I Doing Here?" - 09/01/17 10:28 AM
Herb,

Don't you understand the full meaning behind the lyrics and the title? He was asking:

"What is my showcase song doing here in this recording forum."

Gosh, man. Some things seem so evident!!!!

smile

But yessir, you will get many more listens if you post this to the right forum. Can't wait to listen!!
Hi Dave - as it has already been mentioned, I strongly recommend posting this again on the showcase. It's a wonderful tune, and everyone would love to hear it over there smile You are bound to get far more feedback and listens by posting it in that forum.
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Brand New: "What Am I Doing Here?" - 09/01/17 01:24 PM
First thing that caught my attention was the chord progression, reminded me of something Elton John mite do.
Well constructed and performed.
Rob
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Brand New: "What Am I Doing Here?" - 09/01/17 03:16 PM
This is a cool song.

It does kind of have an Elton John sort of vibe.

Great job!

Keep them coming!!!
Thanks!

I just wanted to make sure "he" heard it!!! =D
Thanks Deryk!!!

I think I'm in the right place now! I have no idea how it got there?
Thanks Rob!

You are correct! I was listening to an old EJ song and noticed how the piano was panned the left hand left, and the right hand to the right filling the middle with strings and vocals.

It's my first time using this chord progressions I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Thanks Mr. Dave!

I'm still experimenting with my toys always looking to improve!!!
© PG Music Forums