PG Music Home
Hello, everybody

I would like to post an instrumental tune this time.
All are MIDI with various VST instruments.
The former half is played with symphonic orchestral feeling, and the latter half is played with Rock Fusion feeling.
Any comments encouraged.
Have at it.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Title: Ballade for The Betrayal

Link:
https://soundcloud.com/animarorecords/ballade-for-the-betrayal

The former half :
Style is FLOAT1.STY - New Age Soundtrack Style (All MIDI)
Style MIDI Instruments are :
Sound Track (98) assigned to Contrabass (EastWest Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra),
Electric Piano (6) assigned to Celesta (EastWest Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra),
Pad Bell (89) assigned to Harp (EastWest Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra),
Pad Slow (90) assigned to Strings (EastWest Hollywood Strings),
MIDI Drums(1) assigned to GM Percussion (EastWest Quantum Leap Goliath)
Additional main melody played by 1st Violins & Cellos (EastWest Hollywood Strings)

The latter half :
Style is 2416VISH.STY - 24/16 Vishnu - Fusion - About Ti (All MIDI)
Style MIDI Instruments are :
Fretless Bass (36) assigned to Fletless Bass (Kontakt),
Electric Piano (6) assigned to Rhodes Piano (EastWest Quantum Leap Goliath),
Electric Strat Guitar (28) assigned to Elec. Guitar (Mute) (EastWest Quantum Leap Goliath),
Poly Synth (91) assigned to Brass Section (EastWest Quantum Leap Goliath), MIDI Drums (1) (Toontrack Superior Drummer)
Additional main melody played by Overdrive Guitar (EastWest Quantum Leap Goliath)
Shigeki

An amazing and stunning piece - the first half would sit well in many movie soundtracks - the strings are wonderful.
Whilst I probably prefer the first section the repetition of the melody on the guitar is very effective and evocative.
Overall an excellent piece of writing.

Peter
Excellent piece of music. Loved the first piece and very cool how you brought in the section half. Well done...
Shigeki,

The contrast of graceful melody with percussion at the beginning is unusual and works well.
The second part was a surprise - so reminiscent of the best 70`s progressive rock.
Everything you offer us has a touch of class and you did not disappoint with this.

Robert
Shigeki, this is brilliant, the first part would easily fit into some incidental music for a film. Reminds me a lot of something John Barry would have done for a James Bond film. WONDERFUL
Shigeki, this is very good! The change midway to a rock/jazz sound reminds me a lot of something Steely Dan/Donald Fagen would do! Very good work! Thanks, Torrey.
Wow - you absolutely nailed this, Shigeki smile The mix on this is superb, and the arrangement sounds well-thought out and is perfectly executed. I love when it drops in at the 2 minute mark, it takes it to a whole other level!

Great job on this, thanks so much for sharing smile
This has fantastic mood, really cinematic and haunting. Arrangement, instrument selection, chord progression, everything is perfect.

Janne
Cinematic!

like the Steely Dan reference that Torrey mentioned,

it's all very nice

enjoyed the listen,

Kenny
This is REALLY EXCELLENT!! Wonderful melody and perfect score feel. And, the second part works just as well. GREAT STUFF!!! Take care. Greg
Shigeki Adachi,

An excellent listen. The opening is soothing. The ending, tense and dynamic...

Interesting how the same theme changes so drastically with your choices of instrumentation.

Excellent mix - as always.

Enjoyed.

fj
Absolutely wonderful. As everybody has mentioned the genre transition is remarkable.

Thanks for providing all of the track information. It was fascinating to read all of it.

A stunning composition!

J&B
Shigeki Adachi

well, what can you say this is almost art!
Beautiful transition too

Rob & Anne-Marie
Hello, Peter, Scott, Robert, Graham, Torrey, Deryk, Janne, Kenny, Greg, floyd, Janice & Bud, Rob & Anne-Marie

Thank you very much for taking the time to listen and comment.
I much appreciate your really nice words to this tune.
Band-in-a-box is a really wonderful software.
The transition was also made with BIAB.
It was generated with MIDI Soloist Pop 16th. Trumpet (22) with Harmony Big Band Brass 5 part (8va) (21).

Graham,
John Barry is one of my favorite composers.

Thanks again to all.
Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Very nice, Shigeki! All your work is so cinematic. Very well produced and arranged.

Steve

Wow!!!

I really love the sounds on this and the orchestration Shigeki!

The strat sounds so much like a strat? Are you sure that is midi? I assume that is midi running through a great sampler. Don't think I have ever heard a sampler that does a strat that well. Sure is a lot of Jeff Beck sounding stuff on the forum these days.

I will have to call his musical director Jennifer and tell her.

smile
Hello, Steve and David

Thank you very much for taking the time to listen and comment.
I much appreciate your really nice words to this tune.

David,
I love guitar and playing guitar, but my guitar skills are not quite capable of actual recordings.
So, if I need guitar sounds in my tunes, I ask my acquaintance player or use vst instruments.
This time I used EastWest Quantum Leap Goliath for Strat mute sounds.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
© PG Music Forums