PG Music Home
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic NEW TWEAK: "What Am I Doing Here?" - 09/22/17 04:43 PM
Hi Ya'll;

I finally got a chance to get back to this song of mine. I enhanced the vocals so everyone can hear my pain! =D

I also added extra space around the instruments to help them stand out more. I really like this version a lot, but knowing me, I'll probably change it in a few days because I'll hear something I think should be added...you know how that is...Right??? =D

Thanks again for listening,
Dave

https://soundcloud.com/davebrooksmusic/what-am-i-doing-here
Hello,

nice one, good melody in the song.
Sergio
Thanks Sergio!

How are you doing? Thanks for your comment, Be on the look out for my newest in a few weeks!

All the best,
Dave
Posted By: Al-David Re: NEW TWEAK: "What Am I Doing Here?" - 09/25/17 06:36 AM
Hi Dave,

Big sound here! And a great sound, too! Live the reverb and harmony/doubling on the chorus. There's lots of music here but it all has its place and doesn't step on any other tracks.

Strong vocal! Wonderfully done ... loved it!

Alan
Wow, what a tune! I love how lush and full the whole tune sounds. You can tell there are a lot of layers and levels to it, but never sounds muddles or crowded - a sign of a very well done mixing job.

You should be proud of this one - thanks so much for sharing smile
Hi Ya'll,

You have no idea how this happened! Heck, I have no idea how this happened! LOL Even I was surprised at the complete package. I'm happy you liked it, so now I have a pretty good reference point on how to do my next song! =D

Thanks again and keep make good music...
Dave
Hey Deryk:

Thanks for the comments! This song kinda made and mixed itself! LOL As you know I'm new to all this and was constantly trying to find what works and what didn't. I'm using Pro Tools 12.8. (I have trouble turning the dang thing on! =D) I have 104 different plug-ins of which I've settled on 3 to mix this song. I can't wait for my next tune to be completed! =D

All the best and give my regards to the TEAM!!!

Dave
© PG Music Forums