PG Music Home
Posted By: SpaceDog Destiny - 10/19/17 10:47 PM
Greeting Forum Friends

We've got a rocker for you tonight! I wrote this one back in the 70s and you should be able to hear the old British Invasion influence. Unfortunately, the original lyrics were less than presentable. So my hats off to my wife for setting the old lyric sheet on fire and talking me out of using my falsetto range.

We hope you like our latest resurrection, "Destiny"

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13645510

http://soundclick.com/dcspacedog

I'll post the BB technical stuff and add it to SoundCloud in a few days.

Enjoy!

SpaceDog
Posted By: Al-David Re: Destiny - 10/20/17 12:58 AM
Hey SD...

I think this is the first time I've heard you sing! Sounding good. Yes, I hear the 70s sound in this. One more thing that would reinforce that would be a strong 12-string guitar. But this is pretty danged good as is. I liked it a lot. Cool song and brings back memories of a very good time in my life.

Nice!!!

Alan
Posted By: Scott C Re: Destiny - 10/20/17 12:48 PM
Excellent tune. Super vocal. Well done
Posted By: RnAM Re: Destiny - 10/20/17 01:26 PM
Very nicely done SD, so you had some time off from your usertracks productions ;-)
Nice! Feel free to come up with more ;-)

Rob
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Destiny - 10/21/17 03:25 PM
Alan

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it

SD
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Destiny - 10/21/17 03:27 PM
Scott

Thanks

SD
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Destiny - 10/21/17 03:30 PM
Rob Anne-Marie

Thanks. I don't create UserTraks, though. I prefer to record my tracks for each song. Maybe I'll try UTs sometime.

SD
Posted By: dani48 Re: Destiny - 10/21/17 08:20 PM
Hi, SD !:))

Enjoyed your rocker
very much !:))

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Destiny - 10/22/17 04:48 AM
You blasted off with this one space dog.
Rob
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Destiny - 10/26/17 11:21 PM
Sorry to brings this back from page three, but I've made a few changes and I think it's much better than the original version. I've also put it up on SOUNDCLOUD. PGM, please feel free to add it to your User Radio Stations

https://soundcloud.com/dcspacedog/destiny

Also, here are the RealTracks

Style is _RKUPBM1.STY (Rock Uptempo Brent Mason)
RealTracks in style: ~1010:Bass, Electric, BritInvasion Ev 140
RealTracks in style: ~499:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm StoneZ Flash 1 Ev 140
RealDrums in style: NashvilleEven8^7-a,b:Snare, HiHat

Enjoy

SD
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Destiny - 10/27/17 11:35 AM

Great song SpaceDog!
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Destiny - 10/27/17 08:05 PM
I always look forward to the next rock song that gets posted up in the User Showcase, and yours is no exception to that. I am also super digging the lyrics on this one. I'm curious what inspired this song.

Thanks for the share.
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Destiny - 10/28/17 11:14 PM
David, Thanks. I'm glad you liked it.

Ember,

Thanks for commenting. I like writing and singing Rock music, although I know its not the best genre for me. My voice is better suited to Easy Listening and Soft Rock.

This song is a revival of an old tune I wrote back in the 1970s. I wrote about 30 songs from 1975 to 1981 but didn't have the tools to make decent recordings. I've been slowly rewriting and recording these old songs.

The original title of this song was "This Love I Found" and it was more teenage fantasy than inspired by any real world relationship. The original lyrics were not good, so I was very pleased my wife wanted to help rewrite them. The music stayed pretty much the same but I used to sing it with a "Moody Blues" style. Doesn't work 40 years later.

Anyway, probably more than you wanted to know. Glad you liked it.

Thanks PGM for making my music possible.

SD
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Destiny - 10/31/17 11:23 AM
That was a pleasant surprise...

Rock on!

J&B
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Destiny - 10/31/17 02:22 PM
I think this is the first time I`ve heard you sing on a rock tune and its a good vocal on a catchy song.
Yes, the Soundcloud version does sound better.
You sound very sanguine about your wife torching the original lyrics... but what you came up with instead is worth the rewrite!

Robert
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Destiny - 10/31/17 02:40 PM
Great work on this! It definitely is very reminiscent of the 70's. It's wonderfully catchy, and I enjoyed the arrangement on this.

Thanks so much for sharing smile
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Destiny - 11/01/17 11:11 PM
Definitely picked up that vintage R&R vibe!! Nice job with this-arrangement and vocal. Cool tune SD! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Sergio Guarneri Re: Destiny - 11/02/17 06:55 PM

Excellent song, very enjoyable.
Light rock'n'roll as I like.

Good chord variation and nice melody on it.

Sergio
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Destiny - 11/04/17 12:01 AM
J&B

That's one of the things I love about BIAB, you've got a great backing band for any mood you're in.

Thanks

SD
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Destiny - 11/04/17 12:06 AM
Robert

I've done about 4 or 5 songs in the rock genre. It's not a natural fit for a keyboard player. There are exceptions, of course.

I visited the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland a few years back and was really struck by the lack of keyboards on display.

Thanks for listening.

SD
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Destiny - 11/04/17 12:08 AM
Deryk,

Glad you liked it. You can't miss with backing tracks in the RealTrak library. Thanks PGM!!

SD
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Destiny - 11/04/17 12:10 AM
Greg

Thanks. I'm a fan of your music as well.

SD
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Destiny - 11/04/17 12:15 AM
Sergio

Thanks! I find it interesting since I wrote this on guitar in the 1970s. It seems different instruments lead you in different musical directions.

SD
© PG Music Forums