PG Music Home
Posted By: Samuel Davis New Outlaw Country Album - 12/04/17 11:44 AM
As promised my new album is came out last Friday. All the instrumentals were made using BIAB real tracks and real drums. A few tracks also include choir ahs using the Xpand by AIR VST instrument. Vocals, mixing and mastering were done in Cubase Elements 9. You can listen on any of the following music services.

iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/scars-of-the-heart/1314989525

Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/album/23R6ULT2T5KARuT4d6RRRW

Google Play Music - https://play.google.com/store/music/album/Samuel_Davis_Jr_Scars_of_the_Heart?id=Bv2tsidsxxcrxksaalmjhjzxt6q&hl=en

Amazon Music - https://www.amazon.com/Scars-Heart-Explicit-Samuel-Davis/dp/B077J3R6TL/ref=sr_1_6?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1512153410&sr=1-6&keywords=scars+of+the+heart&refinements=p_n_feature_browse-bin%3A625150011

Band Camp - https://sammycountry.bandcamp.com/album/scars-of-the-heart
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: New Outlaw Country Album - 12/04/17 11:50 AM
I just did a quick listen of a few track and day-um! Thank you google play!

I have to say it REALLY sounds like you are using real musicians in a studio.

The production is great! From performance, especially vocals, to mix and master.

This is one of the more professional examples I've heard on the forums.
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: New Outlaw Country Album - 12/04/17 12:05 PM
Ok, "Pour Me"...LOVE IT!

Hey PG Forum members, do yourself a favor and go give this a listen!
Posted By: Samuel Davis Re: New Outlaw Country Album - 12/04/17 12:06 PM
Well thank you. I put a bit of time into mixing and mastering for that reason. I wanted it to sound the best it could.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: New Outlaw Country Album - 12/04/17 07:21 PM
Samuel,

I sampled parts of all the songs (at Bandcamp). They all sound good - the mixes are all well balanced and moving from song to song they are all at a good, constant level. Well done. It's also a good cohesive sound - sounds like an album, not a "thrown together bunch of songs". (could be having a small complement of BIAB at the time worked in your favor - though I am looking forward to see/hear what you do with the full thing...)

Hope you sell a bunch of 'em.

fj
Posted By: PeterF Re: New Outlaw Country Album - 12/06/17 03:40 AM
Samuel
Listened to some of the tracks and all of Pour Me.
Good enjoyable tunes with a nice pro sound.

Peter
Posted By: Scott C Re: New Outlaw Country Album - 12/06/17 01:01 PM
Good luck with your album. You have some really good stuff on that album
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: New Outlaw Country Album - 12/06/17 06:58 PM
Great collection Sammuel. All the best with your sales. Rob
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: New Outlaw Country Album - 12/07/17 10:43 AM
We just listened to the first four and will come for more.

We agree completely with floyd’s comments.

Very well done cohesive project.

Enjoyed the listens!
Posted By: Samuel Davis Re: New Outlaw Country Album - 12/07/17 12:14 PM
Thank you everyone for listening and your kind words. I'm glad everyone is enjoying this. I am so happy to have found Band In A Box and this great community around it. I never dreamed I would be creating such great sounding songs on my own without spending boat loads pf money to hire musicians and producers. BIAB is certainly a god send for independent musicians.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: New Outlaw Country Album - 12/07/17 10:53 PM

This sounds great, Samuel. Congratulations and best of success with this.

You should be proud of this one. Sounds awesome.

Great songwriting.
Posted By: Samuel Davis Re: New Outlaw Country Album - 12/09/17 01:58 PM
Thank you David. I appreciate you listening. I am very proud of how this album came out. Many of these songs have been stuck as acoustic demos for years because I didn't have the means to produce them how I heard them in my head. It's only because of BIAB that i have been able to give true life to these songs.

I just upgraded to the BIAB 2018 UltraPAK and cant wait to really get digging into some new stuff.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: New Outlaw Country Album - 12/09/17 11:15 PM
Wow... This great stuff. I've listened all the way through.. Congratulations and best success with sales.

I agree with everyone else that the writing, arrangement, production and performance are all top notch. It would have cost you a lot of money to duplicate this sound with pro session musicians in a studio and honestly, no one will know the difference if you don't tell them.

This album is very deserving to be heard.

Charlie

( I cheated and listened to Moonshine Chronicles too. Did you produce it with BIAB also? It's got some good tracks)
Posted By: Samuel Davis Re: New Outlaw Country Album - 12/10/17 01:21 AM
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle

( I cheated and listened to Moonshine Chronicles too. Did you produce it with BIAB also? It's got some good tracks)

No Charlie, that album was done about a year before I had ever heard about BIAB. I've only been working with the program since about September. Some of the tracks on that album I licensed and some I created with Ignite by AIR.

Thanks for checking out both of them.
© PG Music Forums