PG Music Home
Posted By: guitar1 Every Day Would Be Christmas Day - 12/05/17 01:37 AM
Hello All, Just thought I'd check in. We've been on the road a week or so. We are laying over for a day or two in Las Cruces NM. I brought enough of my equipment to form a rudimentary studio setup, so I threw this one together tonight. The song has been around a while. I released it on an album I did back in 2000, but I thought I would see if I could recreate it with BIAB for the holiday. I had to do the backup vocals myself, the original had a quartet, but they wouldn't fit in my motorhome. I am lucky to have some semblance of a wifi signal tonight. Rv parks are not known for their fabulous wifi signals. I check in when I can, but until we get in a stable location, it will be sketchy at best. I hope you like it and I wish each and every one a very Merry Christmas.

Every Day Would Be Christmas Day
Posted By: sixchannel Re: Every Day Would Be Christmas Day - 12/05/17 08:06 AM
Hi Guitar1 - thank you for this. I really enjoyed this.
Over in the UK we don't often go for this style of music but I know a Lady of my musical acquaintance who will simply LOVE this Christmas song with its Christian message.
Thanks for posting.
Ian
Posted By: Scott C Re: Every Day Would Be Christmas Day - 12/05/17 12:53 PM
Delightful tune Gary. Well done. Super vocal and lyric
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Every Day Would Be Christmas Day - 12/05/17 08:04 PM
Nice Christmas song...and thanks for the interesting backstory on how you pulled it off!

Enjoyed it!

J&B
Posted By: Samuel Davis Re: Every Day Would Be Christmas Day - 12/06/17 01:02 AM
Very nice tune. Reminds me a lot of Waylon Jennings' "My Heroes Have Always Been Outlaws." I just love that old outlaw sound.
Posted By: PeterF Re: Every Day Would Be Christmas Day - 12/06/17 04:32 AM
Gary

I nice laid back Christmas song - not the sort of Carols we get in Australia!.

Sounds very nice.

Peter
Posted By: furry Re: Every Day Would Be Christmas Day - 12/06/17 08:30 AM
Love it, kind of song I'd use on my christmas radio show
Wow - what a pretty and heartfelt song you wrote here smile And it's impressive you recorded this on the road. Honestly, I don't think there's anything I'd change here - it's a great write, and the arrangement is spot on as well.

Great job and thanks for sharing this with us!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Every Day Would Be Christmas Day - 12/06/17 12:39 PM
Well done, Gary. Good mix.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Every Day Would Be Christmas Day - 12/06/17 04:07 PM
Love the feel you've captured here!! Your vocal is so soulful, and "the band" provides the perfect background. Really sweet song here!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Every Day Would Be Christmas Day - 12/10/17 12:01 AM
Gary, this song has a great raw quality to it! Kind of stripped down without a lot of heavy production-which is perfect for this one! I always like your vocals! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: RichMac Re: Every Day Would Be Christmas Day - 12/10/17 02:28 AM

Love the style.
Would be at home in a tent meeting.
Thanks for reviving some old memories.
Christmas Cheers to you.
© PG Music Forums