PG Music Home
Posted By: Guitarhacker Greensleeves - 12/05/17 03:06 PM
Since the Christmas season is officially on......

This has been posted in the past, but I'm guessing there's a few here that haven't heard this older version of the song. Done with BB & RB providing the rendered wave tracks.

I'm playing the piano and the guitars. Everything else is BB.

GREENSLEEVES

Hope you enjoy this blast from the past.... it's a bit on the "heavy side" but hey..... I like it like that.

I recommend listening with good headphones or speakers cranked..... with a sub...... wink

Posted By: David Snyder Re: Greensleeves - 12/05/17 04:48 PM

This would make a great soundtrack for that TV show "Reign" when everyone is dressed up in quasi-Eizabethan style just before they show up at the grand ball and make 112 anachronistic mistakes in the dialogue and confuse several continents and a dozen rulers, right before the background music breaks out into a rousing rendition of AC/DC's Highway to Christmas Hell and everyone starts getting freaky with whips and chains under the mistletoe.

In fact, it would be perfect!!!!!!

smile

Mix it down man.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Greensleeves - 12/05/17 05:55 PM
hi guitarhacker great job on this really clear mix everything spot on thanks eris
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Greensleeves - 12/05/17 06:28 PM

I used to love to whistle this a kid.
Thanks for listing bought back a lot of memories.
Great production. Rob
Posted By: bluage Re: Greensleeves - 12/05/17 07:16 PM
Hi, "Guitarhacker"!

Seems it's been a while. I hope everything's on the "up-and-up" with you.

Your version of "Greensleeves" has a bit of the style of the music in the film soundtracks composed by the Italian composer, Ennio Morricone, for the "spaghetti westerns" from the late 60's starring Clint Eastwood.

I could almost hear that eerie melody, "Ah-ooo-ah-ooo-ahhh (wah, wah, wah-h-h!) as I listened to it. Then, again, I could also hear Roy Orbison's distinctive style and voice delivering the lyrics like the musical outlaw he was.

Pretty cool and very unique version of an ages-old Christmas standard, "GuitarHacker"!

Impressed,

LOREN
Posted By: bluage Re: Greensleeves - 12/05/17 07:22 PM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

This would make a great soundtrack for that TV show "Reign" when everyone is dressed up in quasi-Eizabethan style just before they show up at the grand ball and make 112 anachronistic mistakes in the dialogue and confuse several continents and a dozen rulers, right before the background music breaks out into a rousing rendition of AC/DC's Highway to Christmas Hell and everyone starts getting freaky with whips and chains under the mistletoe.

In fact, it would be perfect!!!!!!

smile

Mix it down man.

David Synder:

Wow, that was a hilarious scenario for the use of "Guitarhacker's" version of "Greensleeves" that you laid out laugh!!!

Tickled,

LOREN
Posted By: PeterF Re: Greensleeves - 12/06/17 04:11 AM
Herb

Really nice version -pretty playing throughout and an excellent arrangement.

Peter
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Greensleeves - 12/06/17 12:14 PM
You did a fantastic job on this, Guitarhacker smile It sounds so lush and full - you really nailed the mixing job on this one. The balance is absolutely stunning. Of course, great playing as well!

Thanks so much for sharing smile
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Greensleeves - 12/06/17 01:31 PM
And a great big thank you for listening and commenting. I'll be pulling a few more out of the dusty vaults of history for the christmas season.....

I'm working on some new stuff and should have some of that ready in a bit.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Greensleeves - 12/06/17 04:38 PM
Love it Herb!!! Sweet version. You got the surfer vibe going with the guitar early on, and kind of a Queen vibe toward the end. Sweet tone and playing!! Thanks for posting! Take care. Greg
Posted By: LPman Re: Greensleeves - 12/06/17 08:53 PM
Hello Guitarhacker
It has a bit Clint Eastwood movie theme to it.... I see horse's and panoramic views.
It's very well done. I enjoyed this and "Whiskey For Breakfast" too...
© PG Music Forums