PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Christmas Tree - 12/10/17 05:16 PM
BobH and I took a song that we did in 2009 and remixed it. I forgot what BiaB style we used and I have lost the lyrics. I do know that we kept the drums from that style but deleted everything else.

BobH is playing the 12 string and singing and I am playing everything else.

We hope you like it for what it is.

Ps - I know that I haven't been listening or posting much lately. Life has gotten in the way of my music.

Christmas Tree
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Christmas Tree - 12/10/17 06:59 PM
Hi Mario. Good write enjoyed this.
Rob
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Christmas Tree - 12/10/17 07:31 PM
Hi Mario! Cool song!! I miss seeing you around. This has a great vibe. I love seasonal songs, and I particularly loved the chimes (SWEET!!). Enjoyed this!! Come around more often! Take care. Greg
Posted By: dani48 Re: Christmas Tree - 12/10/17 08:16 PM
Hi, Mario !:))

I had not heard this
before as I think I joined
the forum later !

I think it is really a
very fine tune and very
nicely done. Maybe the
vocal could have been
a trifle higher but it
can be my old headphones too ?

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Scott C Re: Christmas Tree - 12/11/17 01:18 PM
Very cool tune Mario. I did not hear this on the first pass in 2009. So glad you reposted this . Excellent tune. Loved the organ in the background. Guitar was excellent as well
Posted By: furry Re: Christmas Tree - 12/11/17 11:06 PM
Hiya Mario my ol' buddy, enjoyed this one
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Christmas Tree - 12/11/17 11:24 PM

Great one guys. Merry Christmas!
Posted By: PeterF Re: Christmas Tree - 12/12/17 03:41 AM
Nice work Mario, Merry Christmas.

Peter
Posted By: bluage Re: Christmas Tree - 12/12/17 05:59 AM
Dear "MarioD"...

There isn't a single Christmas carol I've heard that didn't sound better after it was re-recorded in the rock, R&B, or jazz genre.

I believe it's because traditional Christmas/New Year's holiday songs are so full of nostalgia and expressions of loving feelings that they simply arouse and release more emotions into the air when they are translated into popular, contemporary musical styles...

...and that's what your song "Christmas Tree" sounds like, "MarioD" --- a homemade Christmas carol. Also, your performance style is direct, honest, with no frills, which makes your songs go straight to the heart. The bell ringing sounds and the organ chords add a proper sense of the sacredness of the season underneath the laid-back blues-rock (???) sound.

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Ps - I know that I haven't been listening or posting much lately. Life has gotten in the way of my music.

I hope you find as much relief from your life challenges as I received while listening to "Christmas Tree".

Wishing you well,

LOREN
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Christmas Tree - 12/13/17 11:49 AM
Mario, I always like the you experiment and deliver your own cool little niche in these songs. It has a kind of "live " sound to it to me. Chimes/bells nice touch! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: edshaw Re: Christmas Tree - 12/13/17 12:35 PM
A lot to like, there. The touch of bell choir, the unique progression, the vocals, mostly, the overall Christmas feel & of course, the guitar!
Merry Christmas, everyone.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Christmas Tree - 12/14/17 09:36 PM
I want to thank all that took the time to listen and comment on this remix.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a safe and happy New Year.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Christmas Tree - 12/15/17 12:25 PM
hi marioD nice tune very enjoyable and creative thanks for sharing eric
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Christmas Tree - 12/15/17 05:29 PM
Nice, guys.

Merry Christmas to you both.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Christmas Tree - 12/19/17 05:58 PM
Superb!

Merry Christmas to you and yours and here's hoping life's gets a bit out of the way.

J&B
© PG Music Forums