PG Music Home
Hi everyone,

We are excited to announce the release of a new project: The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane)

Songwriter Floyd Jane shows the songwriting process from inspiration to performance and publication.

The idea for this project came about when many members on this forum and elsewhere were asking questions about the song writing process. There are many aspects, and many parts of it necessary to create a song, get it arranged, performed, and then published on the internet. So we asked the great songwriter Floyd Jane, who is a regular member on this forum, if he could help. Floyd agreed and was even able to collaborate with other forum members, Janice and Bud. The result is this video we put together that you can see on YouTube or Facebook, called "The Birth of a Song (w/Floyd Jane)".

We hope this video helps other songwriters with their songwriting process, and also shows them tools that are available to them along the way. Also, we mention this User Showcase Forum, and hope to see many new aspiring or accomplished songwriters join this community blush

A big Thank You to Floyd for sharing your knowledge with the community and making this possible. And to Janice and Bud for your great collaboration!

Here is Floyd's original forum post for his song "A Little Bit Of Me": http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=433190

Check out Floyd / Janice & Bud’s music here:
http://floydjane.com/
https://www.janiceandbud.com/

*Note that a longer, more in-depth version of this video will be coming in the new year!
Awesome,

thanks for sharing this

so cool to see Janice adding harmony

Kenny
Man, how cool was that?!

Great seeing Floyd in action, and seeing Janice adding the harmony parts.

Nicely done!
Oh, oh, if a cameo in this would just allow some of that fj songwriting skill to rub off on us!

Janice was practicing her part in the kitchen after we had come in from working on our bike trail. I saw her dancing away so I shot a short clip while drinking a cup of joe. And I’ve never done that before. Not the coffee drinking smile the video of her working up a part. She said “let’s record it” so just for grins I shot another clip while she was running through it in our music room.

At that point we had no idea it would end up in a PG Music video! I mentioned to fj that we’d shot a couple of clips and he asked that we send them because he was working on a project with PG Music. So off they went -- featuring Janice's trail work clothes and all!

Thank you fj and Pg Music for letting us play a small part in this. We sincerely hope it introduces new folks to both a wonderful product and community (and, of course allows them to appreciate fj's singer/songwriter skills). We, and I'm sure many others, look forward to the full version.

J&B
Absolutely wonderful, Floyd!

Thanks.

Donny
What a great idea! This is executed with great skill and a fabulous testimonial to BIAB not to mention the intimate look into the creative process of three of the most talented people on the forum. I know all the forum members as well as the curious newcomers will love this. I’m going back and watch it again right now. So cool!!! Tom

Wow, very cool. The man, the myth, the legend, the woman behind the greatness. The Bud behind the camera. It's all there.

smile
Floyd, fantastico!
With a final "o".
That's Italian, but the meaning is pretty obvious smile
Loved the video, and the song of course. And great harmony by Janice. What a pleasure! Thank you guys!!!
Grazie!
FJ, I linked a few Nashville friends, hope that's okay.

What a fabulous testimonial to you and BIAB.

Thank you.

Donny
Hopefully, there will be a lot more to come. We recorded the entire process of writing the song and each step of track selection and mixing - basically a full documentary... about an hour's worth of video. We'll see... it was fun - and surprisingly harder than one might think...
What a fun watch! Great promotion! Love the I'm going to go mow the yard now..LOL!
Hey guys. How cool is that! Nice promotion too.
I really enjoyed watching that! I'm looking forward to the other videos as well.
Wow. Awesome video. Really enjoyed watching. Caught it on Facebook, had to share.

I hope PGMusic does more of this.
How cool was that?

I'd have never picked your face out of a line up based on how you sound. Seeing someone after hearing them is always ...... ummmmm.... different than one expects because we always formulate a vision of what we think someone looks like and it rarely ever close to reality.

Hi Floyd, now I understand why your songs are so nice!! crazy
Great video, a really interesting idea.

Sergio
Dear Mr. Jane;

Thank you for your music that never fails to enlighten my day and put a smile on my face. A good solid romp as always!!!

All the Best,

Dave
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Man, how cool was that?!

Great seeing Floyd in action, and seeing Janice adding the harmony parts.

Nicely done!

It was way-cool!
Great idea, the video was well put together... Felt nice to see these people do what they love.thanks for sharing
Really enjoyed that and will look forward to the full documentary.
I miss my mower now for that songwriting side benefit!
Floyd,

I submitted it to several prime-movers in Nashville whose names you would immediately recognize.

If nothing more, it will probably sell Band In A Box to several top, first call session players.

Awesome job by you and Janice.

Donny

PS: You've got everyone out owing the lawn. ( snickering )
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Hopefully, there will be a lot more to come. We recorded the entire process of writing the song and each step of track selection and mixing - basically a full documentary... about an hour's worth of video. We'll see... it was fun - and surprisingly harder than one might think...

I would LOVE the chance to see that whole hour. You are truly a hookmaster. I have come up with a few but you seem to throw out more ideas than I come up with!!

And you got Janice to do the BGV! Pickles wasn't available?
hey Floyd that was excellent thanks for contributing this is a keeper for sure eric
What a great idea!! And who better than the Godfather of the forum to take on such a task. Floyd's songs are consistently fantastic writes. And, his production is among the elites on the forum in every regard (won't mention any names except to exclude myself-I'm still learning the arts of production and mix). I really hope they release the expanded version. I loved the video but it felt more like a trailer than a full tutorial. I'm anxiously awaiting the full release. Thanks for doing this Floyd!!! Take care. Greg
best Christmas present ive had in years thanks Fj
cant wait for the rest
What a wonderful Idea and production! I can't wait to see the full version!
Inspirational!!!
Really enjoyed the video and the song. Great work, Floyd, Janice, Bud.....
That was very cool So glad to see how your develop your songs. What a treat to see Janice adding her harmonies as well . Thanks so much for doing this.
Nice one Floyd.
It's good to see you.
Enjoyed it all and GO Janice!
Cheers.
Fantastic smile
We are all absolutely privileged to have the likes of Floyd and Janice among us.

Thanks to you all for so selflessly sharing your skills.

Totally Inspirational, nothing less.
Ok...I, apparently, have not been on the forums often enough. I just saw this now. This is so cool! Seriously, there needs to be more of this type of thing. If this doesn't inspire people as to what can be done, I'm not sure what will.

FJ, (and Janice) you did a great job! I'm not sure why this is striking me as so different, but I really enjoyed it. I'm not sure if I'm nodding my head in approval or bobbing head to the song that's now stuck in my head. Either way, it's a good thing!

Thanks for doing this!
Hey floyd and Janice,

I found the Youtube clip a really excellent and really well spent 5 minutes and 49 seconds. I enjoyed every step of the journey. Inspiration everywhere!

floyd, as I see it, you are one of the most motivational people who reside on this forum. I have learnt so much from you over the years and with each new song that your pen leaves in it's wake, I continue to gain songwriting insight.

I'm really pleased that you put this video together and I'm looking forward to seeing the 'documentary' version.

Thanks for being so supportive of us all!

Best wishes for a great 2018!
Noel
Outstanding! Thanks for putting this together Floyd.

Bob
Thanks Floyd for sharing your method of writing. I always wondered sometimes why I would get stuck sitting writing and then take a walk or drive the car and then the verses would start flowing and I would have to stop and write them down or I'ld forget before I got back home. Do you have to stop the mower?
© PG Music Forums