PG Music Home
So my BIAB 2018 hardrive arrived yesterday and I decided to give the video Realtracks a try!

PARADOX OF YOU video made with BIAB Video Realtracks

It is all a little rough around the edges....and I did not do all the editing that I normally do on my vocals, I was not using a pop filter, plus I did have a few technical issues. I ended up rendering the individual videos from Band-in-a-Box and then putting them together in my video editing software (along with the video of me singing the vocal, taken on my Ipad). It was all a bit of a mission but a good learning exercise anyway. If this song was a keeper, I would probably need to go back and rerecord my vocals properly at some stage (or not... just move onto the next thing......)

Anyway, comments are always welcome.

Lyrics and chords:
(G) (Am) (C) (G) (D)

(G) Listening to the (Em) pouring rain
(C) I know the sun will (Am) come (D)
(G) Light from dark (Em) dry from wet
(C) When wintertime is (D) done

(G) I see myself (C) as the earth
And (C) you the vast blue (Am) sky (D)
(G) Sometimes I keep you (C) grounded
And (C) you just let me (D) fly

Chorus
(G) I love it when we (Am) talk
(D) I love the silence (G) too (C)
I (G) love the yin and (Am) yang of life
The (C) paradox of (G) you (D)

(G) You are my har (Em) mony
(C) the balance that I (Am) find (D)
(G) through the windows (Em) of my days
(C) In corners of my (D) mind

(G) Sometimes you are the (C) roots
(C) growing in the (Am) night (D)
(G) Sometimes I am the (C) leaves
(C) bathing in your (D) light

Chorus
(D) I love the silence (G) too (D)

Bridge
(Em) In and out, hot and cold
(Am) Fear and courage (D) young and old
(Em) Good and bad (Am) salty sweet
(C) Up and down (D) messy neat

Chorus
(D) I love the silence (G) too (D)

Tracks:
RealTracks in style: 2915:Bass, Electric CountryPopByron12-key Ev 085 (Videotrack)
RealTracks in style: 2825:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm CountryPopMike12-key Ev 085 (Videotrack)
RealTracks in style: 2911:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryPopBrent12-key Ev 085 (videotrack)
RealTracks in style: 2829:Guitar, Electric, Soloist CountryPopBrent12-key Ev 085 (videotrack)
RealDrums in style: PopCountry16ths^01-a:Closed Hat, Sync-kick, b:Closed Hat, Rock-kick (videotrack)

Edited to add: These lyrics were posted in a recent thread in the off-topic forum about forum members posting different songs using the same lyrics, which HearTolearn started and is also busy putting some lyrics together for. But, I am hoping to get a couple of different versions from a couple of other forum members on these lyrics, shortly. If anybody wants to compose alternative music for these lyrics please feel completely welcome to do so,... Here is a link to that topic in the off topic forum http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=4&page=1

I'm going to keep myself from listening to any version of this song anyone comes up with until I complete my own. smile Don't want to get a different version stuck in my head. LOL

The video did look nice however. I need to play with that a bit too. Thanks!
Joanne,
That's really great work! Thanks for posting.
Great song and also a really nice video. You did some sharp video editing.
That was a fun watch, Great Job!
Hi Joanne
that was great to watch and I guess something unusual in any music Vids these days.
My problem was that I got so engrossed in watching their hands miraculously jumping instantly from one place to another, I had to go back afterwards to listen to your lovely song, which stands up so well on its own.
However its a superb demonstration of how RV's work (er - Real Videos?!)
Happy New Year, Joanne
Ian
I only watched a bit for obvious reasons, but I loved the production and the use of the video tracks was very inspirational and professional looking. They certainly add to an artist's aura in videos! Inspiring.
Great Joanne! Love what you did with the song and the video - very creative!

Bob
Looks good to me. Great stuff. Rob
Joanne,

Congratulations on creating such a fine song and with such an impressive video presentation! I enjoyed listening and watching.

All the best,
Noel
Joanne,

Nice to see the Video Real Tracks in action. And, MAN!, that was a quick turn around just receiving your upgrade...

Hope we will see more of what you can do with them.

You should do an article (blog?) on how you put that together...
Hi Joanne.

Waited till now to listen and what a lovely full arrangement you have.
And of course you are a real singer.
The video is fascinating and the production is all top notch in my opinion.
A fine song.
Although the chords and treatment are different the songs seem to me to have a surprisingly similar feel.
Or maybe it's not surprising as the lyrics are the same.
Good fun anyway and I certainly enjoyed the exercise.

Cheers.
I read the words last night and you have done the song in a similar fashion to how I imagined it. Very nice job Joanne. It has good meaning.

Tony
I need to get two things out of the way...

1-Oh God! This is is how you wrote the song? You are going to kill me! smile Your version is SOOO good and SOOOOOOO different than mine. eek

2-The video addition is REALLY cool! I think seeing the drummer and instruments gave me more of a feeling that it was recorded in a studio. You are lucky you are so photogenic! I will maybe do that when they come out with "Real Singer" in version 53. So, you'll are safe for now.

NOW, I can concentrate a bit more on the song.

Wow! That is a REALLY cool version of your song. That sounds funny to say, but it's true. I'm not sure what it reminds me of...basically a lot of hits. That's what I'm comparing it to; and it seems to fit in just fine. To me, that's saying a lot.

What a great listen! Thanks for sharing this, and allowing us to use your lyrics. That is REALLY cool of you! smile
Joanne, beautiful song with a great video! Everything sounds exceptionally good! Thanks, Torrey
The one, the original..... I loved the video. I've played with the feature a little bit and it seems cool. Your part of the video is the best. I like to see how you sing it out.

Good work on the song overall and thanks for inspiring me to do one as well!
Holy cow, Joanne. Never seen anything like that, before. Wonderful playing!
I espcially liked watching the keyboard dynmics as relates to the vocal. The player knows just how to punctuate, accentuate, and just as important, when to get out of the way, bar by bar, note by note. This video shows that in a unique way. Hoping to see more.
Very cool. I enjoyed watching your performance as well as the video Realtracks. Amazing arangement and mix. Your vocals sound great. This is the first of everybodies that I've listened to. (besides my own of course) and its cool to see your vision for the song as the lyricists.
Hello, Joanne

I listened to the original version of this song for the first time.
It is a wonderful folky song.
I entirely agree with Noel.
Congratulations on creating such a fine song and with such an impressive video presentation! I enjoyed listening and watching.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Hi Joanne,

Loved the video tracks. But, of course, the great song made it even more enjoyable. Loved this! Your music is always so well done - well-written, well-produced and great on the ears! Super job!

Alan
Joanne,
Very interesting video- not sure I understand what I`m seeing ( the RT artists as they were recording?) but will investigate more... or wait for your blog!
Your version is definitely a keeper; folky, sincere and melodic. Probably closest to the way I envisioned the lyrics - its been great fun to listen to the variety of interpretations.

Robert
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Not sure I understand what I`m seeing (the RT artists as they were recording?)

Robert, yes that's the new Video Realtracks feature of BIAB 2018. Just a small portion of the audio-only Realtracks were set up with video samples. I'm sure in coming years more of the audio-only Realtracks will be modified to video.
Sorry it has taken me a while to get back to this thread. What excitement for me having 11 different versions of these lyrics posted to this forum! What an absolute priviledge!

Steve - Thank you so much for your ongoing support and commitment to this experiment. You have been quite wonderful and may you post many many more songs!

PeterGannon - Thanks for taking a listen and commenting. Always much appreciated. I love these video tracks and will be using them in this years FAWM.

Charlie - Thank you. The video edidting definately comes with practice. At first you think you will never be able to do it but the more videos you do the easier it becomes. Lining up the seven different files in NCH Videopad is actually a breeze now. You can zoom right into the wav files and simply slide them over until the peaks and troughs match exactly. It is a good skill to acquire it you are serious about making music videos.

jcspro40 - Thanks for listening

Sixchannel (Ian) - Thank you and yes watching the hands move over the guitars and keyboard is mesmerizing! I cant even imagine how PG Music achieved this because obviously if you transpose the song the "hands" also magically transpose. They also play along with whatever tempo you choose. It boggles the mind actually!
Lambada - Thanks for listening....I await your version out there in the ether. I also hope you will give the videotracks a try.

Bob - Thanks so much. It was a bit of a fiddle but it will definitely get easier.

Rob - thanks for listening and commenting

Noel - Thanks so much for all the help, support and encouragement you give the folk on this forum. I appreate it and I am sure everyone else does to.

Floyd - thanks and yes, as soon as I learned about the new video tracks I began waiting and waiting for my disc to arrive so I could try it out. Due to recording the video of me recording the vocals I didn't do all the processing I normally do on my vocals so it was all a little rough around the edges. Thanks for suggesting the blog post. I think it will help out other folk wanting to experiment.

Rich - thank you and, yes I think waiting to listen to the other versions until after you have done yours is a good idea. Loved your version too. Thank you for taking part in this challenge.
Tuenis - thank you. I think I had already imagined my "folky" type version when I wrote the lyrics but am still amazed at how they have been taken in so many different directions.

HTL - THANK YOU for suggesting this challenge. You have really brought the forum folk closer together with it and I really love your rock version too. Well done.

Torrey - Thank you. As I said, it is a little bit rough around the edges due to "too many things going on at the same time". I think I may rerecord it properly at a later stage.

Steve - Thanks again. You have encouraged me to do more of the videos of "me recording vocals" for FAWM.

Ed - Thanks and I WISH it was me playing all the guitars, keys and bass. No such luck. I am struggling to learning to play piano. Cant seem to get the right hand to do one thing while the left hand is doing another! Will definitely be doing more with these video tracks.
Sam - Thanks and thanks alos for your wonderful version of those lyrics. Glad you enjoyed and have a good FAWM!

Shigeki - Thank you! Let me know if you want me to record some vocals for your version too..

Al - Glad to hear the song is "easy on the ears". I think it comes from listening to all those John Denver songs growing up...

Robert - What steve said about the video tracks... You can find out more on my blog
How to use the Band-in-a-Box videotracks feature
Hello, Joanne

Thank you very much for your proposal to record some vocals for my version.
I am very happy to hear that. Please try it by all means.
I would really like to listen to your vocal version.
I uploaded the music sheet of this song, accompaniment mix down, individual instrument tracks and BIAB SGU file on the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/np19ylhpldj6zvg/AAB-VuzZVRNm7kucyvP8Ck6Oa?dl=0

The current key is Fmajor, but I think that I can deliver another key file immediately if it does not fit.
Or, if you send a vocal WAV file, it is also possible for me to complete the mix down.
I sent the same contents with PM.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
© PG Music Forums