PG Music Home
Posted By: quekou Drowning - 01/11/18 06:51 PM
Used a couple of realtracks. was made a few months ago and need to check my file to find out the names of the tracks used. Thanks for listening to my song.

Drowning

Drowning

词曲: 缺口 Music and Lyrics by Quekou
编曲所有乐器迷笛编程及人声合成,后期混缩: 缺口

you know just what it is that i would die for
just what it is that i sob for
you know just what it was that you have promised for
all the lost times that you just ignore

i don't want to listen to no more alibi
i don't want no more soul crushing surprise
i don't want no more, no more last tries
no more denies, no more defiant disguise

thundering night you take me down
strange roads, heavy loads my knees bend down
dark night cold wind flows trying making me drown
flashbacks slowly getting to my lungs
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Drowning - 01/11/18 07:35 PM

Sultry, pretty and melodic.
The production quality and mix is of high quality.
Thanks for listing Quekou. Rob
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Drowning - 01/11/18 07:50 PM
quekou,

I love the 'new-age meets pop' feel that you've managed to capture with this composition, arrangement and performance.

You've taken BIAB in a direction that not many posters on this forum pursue. I found it refreshing just to sit back and enjoy.

Thank you for taking me on a very pleasant musical journey!

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Drowning - 01/11/18 08:14 PM
Quekou

This is refreshingly different, and so very well produced.

You've managed to capture a fantastic combination of vocal delivery that sits perfectly with the rhythm.

Great job, that's for sure.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Drowning - 01/12/18 11:21 AM
quekou,

Nicely put together. Interesting all the way through. Good mix. Nice job with the vocaloid.

A beautiful melody. Enjoyable listen.

floyd
Posted By: Scott C Re: Drowning - 01/12/18 08:00 PM
Really enjoyed this. Well done. Some very nice songs in the backtrack. Vocal was very cool..
Posted By: quekou Re: Drowning - 01/12/18 10:27 PM
Thank you all for your kind words. I really appreciate it. You all have a wonderful weekend.
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Drowning - 01/13/18 06:33 PM
Very creative with lots of subtle changes and genre shifts.
I like the vocaloid here - it fits with the other worldly feel of the song.
Very well done!

Robert
Posted By: Sergio Guarneri Re: Drowning - 01/13/18 07:07 PM

Really nice and relaxing song.
Very well done.

Sergio
Posted By: bluage Re: Drowning - 01/13/18 08:35 PM
Dear "quekou"...

What a smoky, moody, sensual and jazzy-funky "song of the night" you've fashioned into being with "Drowning"! It creates a sound-world of its own with just a touch of melancholy feeling to it that very easily lulled me into a dreamy, reflective state of mind.

You must have worked very hard on the Vocaloid-rendered singing voice, because "she" has a bit of Sade in her tone and delivery.

This music is just right for listening to by one's self. Solid musicianship on the instrumentals, atmospheric sound effects, too. I have listened to it three times, and will listen to it again, later, because I like the way it sounds and the way it makes me feel.

LOREN
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Drowning - 01/13/18 08:37 PM
This song has a really neat sound to is, and the lyrics really match the emotional feeling of the overall sound. It all works really well together. Be proud of yourself. smile
Posted By: animarorecords Re: Drowning - 01/14/18 02:45 AM
Hello, quekou

The Guitar Intro is wonderful.
The melody full of originality is also very nice.
The skill of manipulating vocaloids is amazing.
As Noel said, I also love the 'new-age meets pop' feel that you've managed to capture with this composition, arrangement and performance.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: RichMac Re: Drowning - 01/14/18 03:18 AM
Enjoyed the futuristic feel of the song and the clarity and word definition in the vocal.
Good song.
Cheers.
Posted By: jannesan Re: Drowning - 01/14/18 04:05 AM
Very nice atmospheric song, beautiful melody including the solo guitar, interesting rhythmical changes. Reminds me of Portishead and Sade. Excellent selection of realtracks and superb work with the vocaloid.

Janne
Posted By: PeterF Re: Drowning - 01/14/18 04:15 AM

Very enjoyable and sultry as noted. Inventive and clever use Vocaloid and the Band.

Peter
Posted By: quekou Re: Drowning - 01/14/18 03:43 PM
here's the realtracks in the song:

366: Bass, Electric
367: Guitar, Electric, Bankground Dreaming Ev 065
565: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Blues Monday Sw65
RealDrum-Nashville128^02-SideStick,Snare
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Drowning - 01/16/18 02:04 PM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
quekou,

I love the 'new-age meets pop' feel that you've managed to capture with this composition, arrangement and performance.

You've taken BIAB in a direction that not many posters on this forum pursue. I found it refreshing just to sit back and enjoy.

Thank you for taking me on a very pleasant musical journey!

All the best,
Noel

Noel said it all. Very nice!

J&B
Posted By: quekou Re: Drowning - 01/16/18 03:40 PM
Originally Posted By: bluage
Dear "quekou"...

What a smoky, moody, sensual and jazzy-funky "song of the night" you've fashioned into being with "Drowning"! It creates a sound-world of its own with just a touch of melancholy feeling to it that very easily lulled me into a dreamy, reflective state of mind.

You must have worked very hard on the Vocaloid-rendered singing voice, because "she" has a bit of Sade in her tone and delivery.

This music is just right for listening to by one's self. Solid musicianship on the instrumentals, atmospheric sound effects, too. I have listened to it three times, and will listen to it again, later, because I like the way it sounds and the way it makes me feel.

LOREN

Thank you Loren for your kind words. Yes, I spent quite a bit time on the Vocloid tweaking parameters trying to make her sound as realistic as possible. Have a wonderful day.
Posted By: quekou Re: Drowning - 01/16/18 03:43 PM
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, quekou

The Guitar Intro is wonderful.
The melody full of originality is also very nice.
The skill of manipulating vocaloids is amazing.
As Noel said, I also love the 'new-age meets pop' feel that you've managed to capture with this composition, arrangement and performance.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Thank you. The vocaloid I used is Sweet Ann. It was a pain to adjust all the parameters just to make her sound a little tiny more realistic but it's worth it. Have a good day.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Drowning - 01/18/18 02:22 PM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Quekou

This is refreshingly different, and so very well produced.

You've managed to capture a fantastic combination of vocal delivery that sits perfectly with the rhythm.

Great job, that's for sure.

I agree!! I hear a little bit of a Joni Mitchell vibe in this. Perhaps because the vocaloid has a tone a bit like hers. This is really interesting and original. Very much enjoyed!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Drowning - 01/18/18 07:21 PM
Originally Posted By: quekou
Used a couple of realtracks. was made a few months ago and need to check my file to find out the names of the tracks used. Thanks for listening to my song.

Drowning

Drowning

词曲: 缺口 Music and Lyrics by Quekou
编曲所有乐器迷笛编程及人声合成,后期混缩: 缺口

you know just what it is that i would die for
just what it is that i sob for
you know just what it was that you have promised for
all the lost times that you just ignore

i don't want to listen to no more alibi
i don't want no more soul crushing surprise
i don't want no more, no more last tries
no more denies, no more defiant disguise

thundering night you take me down
strange roads, heavy loads my knees bend down
dark night cold wind flows trying making me drown
flashbacks slowly getting to my lungs

Hi Quekou, Thank you for sharing this with us! Very smooth and beautiful tones. Great flow between each section too and stunning vocals. Great work! smile
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: Drowning - 01/18/18 07:37 PM
That's really cool. I agree on the Sade vibe. It's definitely there for me.

Nice job on production too!

What a cool project.
Posted By: quekou Re: Drowning - 01/22/18 10:12 AM
Thank you for your kind words. I have never thought the similarities between the vocaloid sound bank I used ( Vocaloid - Sweet Ann) with Sade. I did a you tube search and listen a couple of Sades songs, it IS somewhat similar in terms of the vocal texture and even the way they sing. I was a little surprised that I didn't notice before.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Drowning - 01/22/18 12:31 PM
This is awesome! I don't think I've heard such an inventive use of Vocaloid before. It's also a very different sound than what you usually hear produced in Band-in-a-Box - it really showcases the diversity of what can be done in the software! I saw a comment here that compared it to Sade, and I don't think that's very far off.

Great work, and thanks so much for sharing smile
Posted By: Marty Sorensen Re: Drowning - 01/22/18 12:37 PM
I enjoyed very much listening to this and Vocaloid.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Drowning - 01/22/18 07:34 PM
Very nice song with some great use of effects. Puts the listener in a very melancholy mood and there's nothing wrong with that. Good work! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: quekou Re: Drowning - 01/23/18 12:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
This is awesome! I don't think I've heard such an inventive use of Vocaloid before. It's also a very different sound than what you usually hear produced in Band-in-a-Box - it really showcases the diversity of what can be done in the software! I saw a comment here that compared it to Sade, and I don't think that's very far off.

Great work, and thanks so much for sharing smile

Thanks, BIAB is a very versatile tool. For us who don't know how to every instrument, it's a godsend.
Posted By: quekou Re: Drowning - 01/23/18 12:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Marty Sorensen
I enjoyed very much listening to this and Vocaloid.

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Very nice song with some great use of effects. Puts the listener in a very melancholy mood and there's nothing wrong with that. Good work! Thanks, Torrey

Thank you for your kind words.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Drowning - 01/23/18 12:46 PM
This is, without a doubt, one of the more unique and interestingly original songs I've heard in this forum in a very long time.
Posted By: Callie - PG Music Re: Drowning - 01/23/18 12:47 PM
Dear "quekou"...

... will listen to it again, later, because I like the way it sounds and the way it makes me feel.

LOREN

Took the words right out of my mouth! This song is AMAZING... thank you for sharing!
Posted By: quekou Re: Drowning - 01/23/18 05:17 PM
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
This is, without a doubt, one of the more unique and interestingly original songs I've heard in this forum in a very long time.
Originally Posted By: Callie - PG Music
Dear "quekou"...

... will listen to it again, later, because I like the way it sounds and the way it makes me feel.

LOREN

Took the words right out of my mouth! This song is AMAZING... thank you for sharing!

Thanks folks for the nice words. I have a couple of songs that I made last couple of years featuring this vocaloid and BIAB realtracks. I will upload later too. Same sort of style. I don't even know what style the songs I make are. :)谢谢。
© PG Music Forums