PG Music Home
Posted By: furry The Scottish Godfather.....New 12/8 tune - 01/24/18 04:47 PM
I composed this for a couple of good friends of mine who are moving from the west of Scotland to Italy very shortly. I thought the title would be perfect as their family moved to Italy last year. I decided on a 12/8 rather than modern waltz hoping it would give a better Italian flavour to it.

Style is _POPPNOS.STY (Pop Piano 12/8 Ballad )

RealTracks in style: 533:Bass, Electric, 12-8 Crystal Sw 065
RealTracks in style: 895:Piano, Acoustic, Solo-Accompaniment PopSlow12-8 Ev 060
RealTracks in song: 2650:Guitar, Electric, Background DreamyPopBalladFillsBrent Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 2879:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AmericanaSparseSlow16thsColin Ev16 060
RealDrums in style: Pop128^4-a:Sidestick Brushes , b:SideStick, HiHat

Also in the band line up so to speak, Mandoline from reason 3 and strings from East West sounds

The Scottish Godfather
Posted By: dcuny Re: The Scottish Godfather.....New 12/8 tune - 01/24/18 05:29 PM
Well named! That was a pleasant listen.
Very appropriately named Graham. It was a real soothing tune to listen to.
Hello, Graham

It sounds like a song of Nino Rota.
It is a very romantic melody that invites people's nostalgia
The tone of mandolin drifts well Italy, especially Sicilian mood.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Hello Graham,

This sounds like I was listening to a commercial production for cinema. You are truly gifted on your instrument. A perfect title for the perfect song.

Alan
Posted By: furry Re: The Scottish Godfather.....New 12/8 tune - 01/25/18 12:22 PM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Well named! That was a pleasant listen.

Thanks David
Posted By: furry Re: The Scottish Godfather.....New 12/8 tune - 01/25/18 12:23 PM
Originally Posted By: sslechta
Very appropriately named Graham. It was a real soothing tune to listen to.

Thanks Steve glad you liked it
This has very south-European feel, Italian and Greek, lovely melancholy tune going my mind back in time to the fifties. Beautiful musical texture of accordion and mandolin, BIAB band supporting them perfectly.

Janne
I love how much you make songs inspired by or for people you know. I think it adds a really personal element to your instrumentals, and great flavour.

Thanks so much for sharing another great one!
Posted By: Scott C Re: The Scottish Godfather.....New 12/8 tune - 01/25/18 01:24 PM
Loved this tune Graham. I does have a touch of Italy in it. Lovely
Posted By: Noel96 Re: The Scottish Godfather.....New 12/8 tune - 01/25/18 02:23 PM
Graham,

I love the soothing meets haunting meets mysterious sound that you've created. Very nice composing!

Regards,
Noel
Yes perfect title for a wonderful blend of styles and the photos are lovely as well.

much enjoyed!
Posted By: furry Re: The Scottish Godfather.....New 12/8 tune - 01/25/18 07:43 PM
Originally Posted By: jannesan
This has very south-European feel, Italian and Greek, lovely melancholy tune going my mind back in time to the fifties. Beautiful musical texture of accordion and mandolin, BIAB band supporting them perfectly.

Janne

Thanks a million, judging by the response so far I must do some similar tunes
Posted By: furry Re: The Scottish Godfather.....New 12/8 tune - 01/25/18 07:44 PM
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
I love how much you make songs inspired by or for people you know. I think it adds a really personal element to your instrumentals, and great flavour.

Thanks so much for sharing another great one!

Thanks Ember, seem to be on a huge roll recently as far as composing goes
Posted By: furry Re: The Scottish Godfather.....New 12/8 tune - 01/26/18 05:49 AM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Loved this tune Graham. I does have a touch of Italy in it. Lovely

Thanks Scott, I do love Italian music so it was really enjoyable producing this one
Great job on this one, Graham smile This tune is so beautiful - it took my breathe away! It is so calming and easy to sway to. You nailed the composition on this one. It sounds fluid, and magical.

Thanks so much for sharing!
Graham,
Nice inspiration for this very pretty, slightly sad melody you`ve written for your friends.
The arrangement really takes the listener to another world. I especially like the way your accordion comes in and carries the tune.
One of your best.

Robert
Posted By: furry Re: The Scottish Godfather.....New 12/8 tune - 01/27/18 04:59 PM
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Great job on this one, Graham smile This tune is so beautiful - it took my breathe away! It is so calming and easy to sway to. You nailed the composition on this one. It sounds fluid, and magical.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Thanks a million Deryk, if you can sell it for a million buck there's 10% in it for you grin grin grin
Perfect Graham.

You've created a fitting tribute and captured a beautiful feel of both Scotland and Italy, all perfectly combined.
Posted By: PeterF Re: The Scottish Godfather.....New 12/8 tune - 01/28/18 12:43 AM
Graham

Very pretty melody and an evocative song.
Very enjoyable.

Peter
Posted By: furry Re: The Scottish Godfather.....New 12/8 tune - 01/29/18 07:05 AM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Perfect Graham.

You've created a fitting tribute and captured a beautiful feel of both Scotland and Italy, all perfectly combined.

Thanks Trev, maybe this year I'll try and composed melodies for different countries
Posted By: edshaw Re: The Scottish Godfather.....New 12/8 tune - 01/29/18 02:04 PM
That's what I call posing a challenge and meeting it.
Graham has managed to create a Scottish tune played in the Mediterranean style, evoking emotional connections that go back centuries. Today, that connection seems as real today as ever. Wonderful photography, too.
Posted By: furry Re: The Scottish Godfather.....New 12/8 tune - 01/29/18 09:06 PM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Graham

Very pretty melody and an evocative song.
Very enjoyable.

Peter

Thanks a million Peter
© PG Music Forums