PG Music Home
Posted By: PeterF Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 01/29/18 01:41 AM
Regal Blues

Dave & I put together a blues instrumental inspired by Albert King hence the songs name.

For those interested in who what & how:

I played the 12 bar intro theme and then took the first solo, Dave the 2nd, I took the 3rd, Dave then burned up the fret board on the scintillating 4th solo and we both played to the end.

Dave played a Stratocaster through S-Gear Amps and I played an ES-335 through an Atomic Amplifire.

The Band:
RealTracks in style: 1717:Bass, Electric, TexasBluesRockStraight Ev 120
RealTracks in song: ~673:Organ, B3, Background Blues BB Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 1718:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm TexasBluesRockStraightBrent Ev 120
RealDrums in style: RockSyncKick^01-a:ClHtSn, b:OpHtSn

We hope you like it.
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 01/29/18 01:53 AM
Hello Peter. The riff on the intro drew me into this powerhouse tune.
There is lots going on here to listen to.
Great work I really enjoyed this. Rob
Posted By: rsdean Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 01/29/18 07:36 AM
Peter / Dave,

Wow! Great! You and Dave should do an album of this material - incredible stuff.

Bob
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 01/29/18 11:33 AM
Peter & Dave,

That is some HOT blues!

Excellent playing throughout. Very MUSICAL leads. Interesting, listenable all the way... super back-and-forth playing.

Excellent mix. Everything holds up - nice drums and bass to back you up...

SO, SO good! Like Bob said, y'all could do an album of this stuff!!!

A big WOW, boys...

fj
Wow, what a tune! Within just the first few bars - that opening riff is unreal! It has so much energy, and there is so much charisma in the guitar work - I love it! I just imagine hearing this performed live, and losing my mind. The way the guitars weave together here is phenomenal.

You should be proud of this - thanks so much for sharing smile
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 01/29/18 01:08 PM
This is awesome. At beginning it sounds kind of like the Doors.

Hey we haven't done a Doors parody on the forum yet to my knowledge.

Hmmmmmmm..

smile
Posted By: sslechta Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 01/29/18 01:37 PM
Peter, wow you guys really played well! I cranked this one up! The dueling guitars towards the end was awesome. Keep up the great work!

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Is that "challenge accepted"?
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 01/29/18 03:44 PM
Thanks for the invite to play on this, Peter!

I had a great time throwing out some Albert King licks, he is one of my favorite players of all time.

My favorite part is the last 12 bars where we trade licks.

Lets do it again sometime!
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 01/29/18 05:29 PM
Peter/Dave,
WOW! The dream guitar team trading licks. Great live band sound and interesting to get a feel for who`s playing where... I was getting most right until the end when you guys really took off and left me breathless.
More please.

Robert
Posted By: Scott C Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 01/29/18 06:23 PM
That was awesome Peter and Dave The backtrack and your playing were just awesome. I remember seeing a documentary with Albert King and Stevie Ray playing back and forth to each other This reminded me of that. Super chops and such cool tone from each of your guitars Well done
Posted By: PeterF Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 01/29/18 09:01 PM
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Hello Peter. The riff on the intro drew me into this powerhouse tune.
There is lots going on here to listen to.
Great work I really enjoyed this. Rob

Thanks Rob glad you enjoyed this one.

Peter
Posted By: animarorecords Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 01/30/18 03:35 AM
Hello, Peter and Dave

Really nice session!
The riff on the intro is splendid.
As David said, at beginning it sounds kind of like the Doors.
The guitar plays of you two are really exiting.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: jannesan Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 01/30/18 01:17 PM
Amazing guitar playing. Really enjoyable to listen. And BIAB band is excellent, I especially like how the rhythm guitar plays together with your REAL guitars.

Janne
Posted By: RnAM Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 01/30/18 05:15 PM
Terrific job guys!
This is some serious pro lead guitar work.
Love it !

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: PeterF Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 01/30/18 06:40 PM
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Peter / Dave,

Wow! Great! You and Dave should do an album of this material - incredible stuff.

Bob

Bob

Thanks very much.

Peter
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 01/30/18 07:25 PM
It get's no better. Two of the main blues men playing our favorite genre.

Some back and forth like this will often wrench out the best one has to offer and we gotta believe it was happening here.

Scorching, heartfelt and soulful playing. We could've listened through a Allman Bros length jam with this!

Not gonna parse this out. It's all good......

Wowzer!

J&B
Posted By: RichMac Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 01/31/18 02:39 AM
Good fun footstamper.
Your guitars are great together.

Cheers.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 01/31/18 02:43 PM
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Peter / Dave,

Bob

Happy you liked it, Bob! It was a fun project.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 01/31/18 07:18 PM
Guys that was one smokin jam session played by two seasoned pros! Both of you sound great and the song ended too soon! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: PeterF Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 01/31/18 08:32 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Peter & Dave,

That is some HOT blues!

Excellent playing throughout. Very MUSICAL leads. Interesting, listenable all the way... super back-and-forth playing.

A big WOW, boys...

fj

Thanks Floyd much appreciated - hopefully we’ll do some more of these.
Peter
Posted By: PeterF Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 02/01/18 07:03 PM
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Wow, what a tune! Within just the first few bars - that opening riff is unreal! It has so much energy, and there is so much charisma in the guitar work - I love it! I just imagine hearing this performed live, and losing my mind. The way the guitars weave together here is phenomenal.

You should be proud of this - thanks so much for sharing smile

Deryk
Thanks for such a nice review very much appreciated.

Peter
Posted By: tommyad Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 02/02/18 10:56 AM
Oh Good Lord! We can now call y'all our very own blues brothers. Fantastic playing by you both. I was lucky enough to see all three Kings. (BB and Freddie) and Albert was my favorite. We are gonna need a lot more of this from you two! Excellent job, Tom
Posted By: PeterF Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 02/02/18 08:42 PM
This is awesome. At beginning it sounds kind of like the Doors.

Hmmmmmmm..

smile

Looking forward to it David.

Peter
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 02/02/18 09:22 PM
Peter and Dave,

An excellent toe-tapping listen! You've both done a super job creating this. Lots and lots of skill of show here.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: PeterF Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 02/03/18 07:53 PM
Originally Posted By: sslechta
Peter, wow you guys really played well! I cranked this one up! The dueling guitars towards the end was awesome. Keep up the great work!

Is that "challenge accepted"?

Glad you liked it - it was nice playing with a a blues pro.
Posted By: PeterF Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 02/03/18 07:53 PM
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Peter/Dave,
WOW! The dream guitar team trading licks. Great live band sound and interesting to get a feel for who`s playing where... I was getting most right until the end when you guys really took off and left me breathless.
More please.

Robert

Robert

Thanks for the very nice comments much appreciated.

Peter
Posted By: PeterF Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 02/04/18 07:06 PM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
That was awesome Peter and Dave The backtrack and your playing were just awesome. I remember seeing a documentary with Albert King and Stevie Ray playing back and forth to each other This reminded me of that. Super chops and such cool tone from each of your guitars Well done

Thanks Scott appreciate another guitarists view.

Peter
Posted By: MarioD Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 02/04/18 07:21 PM
Peter & Dave,

That is some HOT blues!

A big WOW, boys...

fj

Floyd said it best!

all I can add is if you did do an album of this stuff I would be the first to buy it!

You guys play some kick@ss blues!

This is a keeper
Posted By: PeterF Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 02/05/18 05:43 AM
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Peter and Dave

Really nice session!
The riff on the intro is splendid.
As David said, at beginning it sounds kind of like the Doors.
The guitar plays of you two are really exiting.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Shigeki
Glad you enjoyed it thanks for the nice review.

Peter
Posted By: PeterF Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 02/05/18 06:56 PM
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Amazing guitar playing. Really enjoyable to listen. And BIAB band is excellent, I especially like how the rhythm guitar plays together with your REAL guitars.

Janne

Janne

Thanks for the comments.

Peter
Posted By: PeterF Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 02/05/18 06:57 PM
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Terrific job guys!
This is some serious pro lead guitar work.
Love it !

Rob and Anne-Marie

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thanks for the review much appreciated.

Peter
Posted By: ZUrlocker Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 02/05/18 08:46 PM
Very nice! Love this kind of electric blues!
Posted By: PeterF Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 02/06/18 02:04 AM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
It get's no better. Two of the main blues men playing our favorite genre.

Some back and forth like this will often wrench out the best one has to offer and we gotta believe it was happening here.

Scorching, heartfelt and soulful playing. We could've listened through a Allman Bros length jam with this!

Not gonna parse this out. It's all good......

Wowzer!

J&B

J&B
Appreciate those sentiments - the 15 minutes limited edition should be around somewhere?

Peter
Posted By: PeterF Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 02/06/18 02:04 AM
Originally Posted By: RichMac
Good fun footstamper.
Your guitars are great together.

Cheers.

Thanks Richard.

Peter
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 02/06/18 09:00 AM
Peter & Dave,

That is some HOT blues!

A big WOW, boys...

fj

Thanks, Floyd! Peter did all the heavy lifting on this from start to finish, all I did was play some guitar.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 02/06/18 10:04 AM
Peter and Dave,

Wow - smoking hot! loved the contrast in your guitar sounds. they offset each other perfectly. Love these low-key but powerful bl8ues tunes. Played to perfection! Totally loved it. You guys work great together. Would love to hear more of this. Wishing you both the very best.

Alan
Posted By: PeterF Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 02/06/18 05:12 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Guys that was one smokin jam session played by two seasoned pros! Both of you sound great and the song ended too soon! Thanks, Torrey

Thanks Torrey much appreciated.

Peter
Posted By: PeterF Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 02/06/18 05:13 PM
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Oh Good Lord! We can now call y'all our very own blues brothers. Fantastic playing by you both. I was lucky enough to see all three Kings. (BB and Freddie) and Albert was my favorite. We are gonna need a lot more of this from you two! Excellent job, Tom

Tom
Thanks - I'm envious never saw any of them. Did see some other good ones though.

Peter
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 02/06/18 05:18 PM
How did I miss this one?

Oh well... no matter, I found it.

I'm gonna need to do something like this.... it's been too long since I just plain old did a fun jam session.

Nice playing.
Posted By: PeterF Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 02/07/18 12:13 AM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Peter and Dave,

An excellent toe-tapping listen! You've both done a super job creating this. Lots and lots of skill of show here.

All the best,
Noel

Thanks Noel appreciate the review.

Peter
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 02/07/18 09:20 AM
Originally Posted By: Scott C

I know that documentary, it was show called "In Session", a weekly show that was produced in Hamilton, Ontario back in the mid '80s. Yeah, it was great seeing Albert and Stevie together! Other shows that I remember seeing that were blues related were Johnny Winter with Dr. John and Larry Carlton with B.B. King.

Thanks, Scott!
Posted By: PeterF Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 02/07/18 05:31 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Peter & Dave,

That is some HOT blues!

A big WOW, boys...

fj

Floyd said it best!

all I can add is if you did do an album of this stuff I would be the first to buy it!

You guys play some kick@ss blues!

This is a keeper

Thanks Mario

Peter
Posted By: gruverider Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 02/07/18 08:33 PM
Love the riff and the playing sounds inspired!

Somehow I can never get enough blues.

Well done!
Posted By: PeterF Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 02/08/18 04:23 AM
Originally Posted By: ZUrlocker
Very nice! Love this kind of electric blues!

Thanks for listening.

Peter
Posted By: PeterF Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 02/08/18 06:51 PM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Peter and Dave,

Wow - smoking hot! loved the contrast in your guitar sounds. they offset each other perfectly. Love these low-key but powerful bl8ues tunes. Played to perfection! Totally loved it. You guys work great together. Would love to hear more of this. Wishing you both the very best.

Alan

Thanks Alan much appreciated.

Peter
Posted By: PeterF Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 02/08/18 06:52 PM
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
How did I miss this one?

Oh well... no matter, I found it.

I'm gonna need to do something like this.... it's been too long since I just plain old did a fun jam session.

Nice playing.

Herb
Look forward to hearing it.

Peter
Posted By: PeterF Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 02/08/18 06:52 PM
Originally Posted By: gruverider
Love the riff and the playing sounds inspired!

Somehow I can never get enough blues.

Well done!

Lawrence
Thanks for listening.

Peter
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 02/12/18 10:44 PM
Since BB and Stevie Ray are no longer with us (nor Duane), this is probably about as good as dueling blues guitars can get, outside of the province of Heaven!!! Awesome, awesome (double Awesome) job guys. Love it!!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: bluage Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 02/13/18 07:49 AM
Dear "PeterF" and Dave...

Which one of you groaned out that, "Ye-aaaahhhhhhh!" during his solo? I love that sound of total musical rapport 'tween band members. "Ye-aaaaahhhhhh!"

This here "Regal Blues" track sounds like the kind of music you could hear blasting out of blues clubs on Friday and Saturday nights during the summer on North Halsted Street in Chicago, my hometown. With sweaty brows and gritted teeth, the "bluesmen" would play the audience into a shouting frenzy not unlike a Pentecostal church service. Guys would pound on tables exhorting the musicians to higher levels of improvisational ecstasy, and women would jump out of their seats to move their bodies sinuously to the music, their eyes closed in total communion with it, and seemingly always by themselves because their dates either couldn't dance, or were too drunk keep up with them.

In other words, these were raucous scenes, O, my bluesmen! You cats have surely summoned the spirit of Mr. Albert King and his henchmen with your "Regal Blues", which is a suitably majestic title in honor of the source of your inspiration cool !!!

Now, who is "Dave"???

Whammied,

LOREN
Posted By: dani48 Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 02/13/18 08:00 PM
Hi, Peter & Dave

This is really REGAL
in every aspect !:))
I can hear two master
players here - have
my self a fender with
which I mostly play old
Shads´and Ventures´tunes
with my band !

I guess you two also have
a band and if you not -
you should gather one !!!

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: PeterF Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 02/13/18 08:03 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Since BB and Stevie Ray are no longer with us (nor Duane), this is probably about as good as dueling blues guitars can get, outside of the province of Heaven!!! Awesome, awesome (double Awesome) job guys. Love it!!! Take care. Greg

Thanks Greg - your response makes it all worthwhile.

Peter
Posted By: PeterF Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 02/13/18 08:05 PM
Originally Posted By: bluage
Dear "PeterF" and Dave...

Which one of you groaned out that, "Ye-aaaahhhhhhh!" during his solo? I love that sound of total musical rapport 'tween band members. "Ye-aaaaahhhhhh!"

This here "Regal Blues" track sounds like the kind of music you could hear blasting out of blues clubs on Friday and Saturday nights during the summer on North Halsted Street in Chicago, my hometown. With sweaty brows and gritted teeth, the "bluesmen" would play the audience into a shouting frenzy not unlike a Pentecostal church service. Guys would pound on tables exhorting the musicians to higher levels of improvisational ecstasy, and women would jump out of their seats to move their bodies sinuously to the music, their eyes closed in total communion with it, and seemingly always by themselves because their dates either couldn't dance, or were too drunk keep up with them.

In other words, these were raucous scenes, O, my bluesmen! You cats have surely summoned the spirit of Mr. Albert King and his henchmen with your "Regal Blues", which is a suitably majestic title in honor of the source of your inspiration cool !!!

Now, who is "Dave"???

Whammied,

LOREN

Thanks Loren
I was acknowledging Dave's guitar! Listen to Blue attitude on the forum to hear more of Dave. His latest is brilliant.

Peter
Posted By: PeterF Re: Regal Blues (featuring Dave Bell) - 02/13/18 08:06 PM
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Peter & Dave

This is really REGAL
in every aspect !:))
I can hear two master
players here - have
my self a fender with
which I mostly play old
Shads´and Ventures´tunes
with my band !