PG Music Home
Posted By: furry Phyllis MacDonalds' waltz new tune - 01/30/18 02:38 PM
Just composed this for a friend of mine who's originally from Canada but now living near Inverness. Phyllis recently lost her husband. She loves slow waltzes and is a regular listener to my internet radio show...
This is my first mix using sonar X2 so creative comments would be appreciated..

Style is JEAN.STY (Simple Pop Country Swing Waltz)
PianoCustom Synth is Synth/Plugin Loaded
GuitarCustom Synth is Synth/Plugin Loaded
StringsCustom Synth is Synth/Plugin Loaded
MelodyCustom Synth is Synth/Plugin Loaded
SoloistCustom Synth is Synth/Plugin Loaded
Style MIDI Instruments are : Strings (49),
RealTracks in song: ~~1121:Bass, Acoustic, CountryWaltz Sw 085
RealTracks in song: ~982:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryWaltzCleanArp Sw 085
RealTracks in song: 1498:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopWaltzClassic Ev 085

Both accordion tracks are my Scandalli super 6

Phyllis MacDonalds' Waltz
Posted By: RnAM Re: Phyllis MacDonalds' waltz new tune - 01/30/18 05:05 PM
Graham,

That accordion is very cool and the song is very atmospheric.
Makes us think of James Last and very famous German orchestra.
Good work.

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: furry Re: Phyllis MacDonalds' waltz new tune - 01/31/18 01:19 AM
Thanks very much to both of you for listening. Delighted you like the tune
Posted By: Al-David Re: Phyllis MacDonalds' waltz new tune - 01/31/18 06:49 AM
Hi Graham,

I always love the soft, gentle touch you have on the keys of your accordion. Such a beautiful song. I've always waltzes (love to dance to them) and yours are among the best I've heard.

Everything sounds great to me! Thanks for this little gem.

Alan
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Phyllis MacDonalds' waltz new tune - 01/31/18 04:09 PM
Graham,

Very nice tone on those twin accordions make for subtle interplay. I like a slow, slightly sad waltz- this one floats the listener along and the mix sounds good.
Can your internet radio show be heard in Canada?

Robert
Posted By: furry Re: Phyllis MacDonalds' waltz new tune - 02/01/18 06:40 AM
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Graham,

Very nice tone on those twin accordions make for subtle interplay. I like a slow, slightly sad waltz- this one floats the listener along and the mix sounds good.
Can your internet radio show be heard in Canada?

Robert

Hi Robert, thanks for that. Yeah my shows can be heard anywhere with internet. Here's the link

The Stramash

And to my facebook page

Stramash facebook
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Phyllis MacDonalds' waltz new tune - 02/01/18 06:46 AM
Graham,

This is very restful. A perfectly romantic modern waltz. I'm sitting here with my eyes closed enjoying my listen and, inside my mind, slowly dancing around a ballroom.

Regards,
Noel
Wow Graham - this is a beautiful tribute! It's a wonderful tune you've got here. It's gentle, and really easy on the ears. It brings to mind imagery of weddings, and dancers in a ballroom. As always, what you've done with the accordion here is spectacular.

Great work, and thank so much for sharing smile
Sorry to hear about your friend's loss. Always so sad when things like that happen. You've made such a lovely song for her, though! You should be proud of yourself! I am sure she loves what you made for her. smile I certainly do!
Posted By: furry Re: Phyllis MacDonalds' waltz new tune - 02/01/18 01:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Graham,

I always love the soft, gentle touch you have on the keys of your accordion. Such a beautiful song. I've always waltzes (love to dance to them) and yours are among the best I've heard.

Everything sounds great to me! Thanks for this little gem.

Alan

Awww shucks, thanks Alan, appreciate the kind comments
Posted By: furry Re: Phyllis MacDonalds' waltz new tune - 02/01/18 01:39 PM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Graham,

This is very restful. A perfectly romantic modern waltz. I'm sitting here with my eyes closed enjoying my listen and, inside my mind, slowly dancing around a ballroom.

Regards,
Noel

Thanks Noel, I can't remember the last time I had a dance, was always providing the music LOL
Posted By: Scott C Re: Phyllis MacDonalds' waltz new tune - 02/02/18 03:55 PM
Loved this song Graham. You amaze me with your skill on the instrument. Just lovely
Posted By: furry Re: Phyllis MacDonalds' waltz new tune - 02/03/18 07:17 AM
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Wow Graham - this is a beautiful tribute! It's a wonderful tune you've got here. It's gentle, and really easy on the ears. It brings to mind imagery of weddings, and dancers in a ballroom. As always, what you've done with the accordion here is spectacular.

Great work, and thank so much for sharing smile

Hi Deryk, Thanks for that. Many's a wedding I've played at. Wish I had band in a box back then
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Phyllis MacDonalds' waltz new tune - 02/04/18 02:04 PM
Well, that quickly had Janice waltzing around the living room smile and, I might add, with great moves!

Beautiful.

Bud
Posted By: furry Re: Phyllis MacDonalds' waltz new tune - 02/04/18 05:48 PM
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
Sorry to hear about your friend's loss. Always so sad when things like that happen. You've made such a lovely song for her, though! You should be proud of yourself! I am sure she loves what you made for her. smile I certainly do!

Thanks Ember, yeah she REALLY loves the tune which is great news
Posted By: MarioD Re: Phyllis MacDonalds' waltz new tune - 02/04/18 06:54 PM
My favorite accordionist did it again!

Another winner my friend!

This is a keeper.

PS - A waltz is the only dance that I can do!
Posted By: furry Re: Phyllis MacDonalds' waltz new tune - 02/05/18 05:59 PM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Loved this song Graham. You amaze me with your skill on the instrument. Just lovely

Aw shucks, thanks Scott
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Phyllis MacDonalds' waltz new tune - 02/05/18 11:23 PM
Pretty music Graham!! Although I'n no expert when it comes to the accordion, I love the way you play! Take care. Greg
Posted By: furry Re: Phyllis MacDonalds' waltz new tune - 02/06/18 06:12 AM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Well, that quickly had Janice waltzing around the living room smile and, I might add, with great moves!

Beautiful.

Bud

Thanks Bud,
Hope you waltzed with her ?
Posted By: furry Re: Phyllis MacDonalds' waltz new tune - 02/07/18 09:56 AM
Originally Posted By: MarioD

This is a keeper.

Thanks Ole buddy
Posted By: furry Re: Phyllis MacDonalds' waltz new tune - 02/08/18 09:10 AM
Originally Posted By: MarioD

This is a keeper.

Cheers ole' buddy
Posted By: furry Re: Phyllis MacDonalds' waltz new tune - 02/12/18 09:01 AM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Pretty music Graham!! Although I'n no expert when it comes to the accordion, I love the way you play! Take care. Greg

Thanks as always for the kind comments Greg
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Phyllis MacDonalds' waltz new tune - 02/12/18 08:08 PM
So sorry to be tardy to party. I thought I had already commented then realized I had commented on YouTube. Probably an age thing.

As many others have said, your mastery of the hunkavar is outstanding, my friend. I love hearing the mellow smoothness of your playing and could listen for hours.

This is definitely another keeper. Thanks for posting.

BTW, if you will write a tune with New Zealand in the title I can virtually guarantee airplay over there. ( wink )

Attention moderators and PP ( Profanity Police ) Hunkavar means accordion in Swedish, I think.
Posted By: furry Re: Phyllis MacDonalds' waltz new tune - 02/13/18 06:57 AM
Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
So sorry to be tardy to party. I thought I had already commented then realized I had commented on YouTube. Probably an age thing.

As many others have said, your mastery of the hunkavar is outstanding, my friend. I love hearing the mellow smoothness of your playing and could listen for hours.

This is definitely another keeper. Thanks for posting.

BTW, if you will write a tune with New Zealand in the title I can virtually guarantee airplay over there. ( wink )

Attention moderators and PP ( Profanity Police ) Hunkavar means accordion in Swedish, I think.

Oh thanks for that Don and will certainly compose a suitable tune
© PG Music Forums