PG Music Home
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic NEW MIX: "HAPPY DANCE" - 02/13/18 04:39 PM
Hi Gang:

Just trying to give this diddy a better sound, i.e. bigger room.

Give a listen if you have a moment!

All the best,
Dave

https://soundcloud.com/davebrooksmusicfactory/happy-dance
Posted By: Scott C Re: NEW MIX: "HAPPY DANCE" - 02/13/18 11:58 PM
Sounds great Dave. Excellent drum track and cool vocal
Posted By: edshaw Re: NEW MIX: "HAPPY DANCE" - 02/14/18 12:28 AM
Yea, Dave. Good sound. Good sense of humor. Is that some Snyder influence I am hearing, or is it the other way around?
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: NEW MIX: "HAPPY DANCE" - 02/14/18 12:35 AM
Hi Ed:

Funny you should ask! I love Mr. Snyder's creations and I give him total props!!!

Thanks again and all the best,
Dave
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: NEW MIX: "HAPPY DANCE" - 02/14/18 12:46 AM
Hi Mr. Scott:

I'm still working on my drum techniques. I used to play guitar in a band (back in the day) and I can remember that sound penetrating my body (in a good way)so I'm trying to recapture it. =D

Still working on my vocals too, but I've learned a few new tricks that help me out greatly.

Thanks again for your kind comments...

All the best,
Dave
Posted By: Al-David Re: NEW MIX: "HAPPY DANCE" - 02/14/18 09:16 AM
Hello Dave,

I like this o0ne a lot. Good guitar and drums. Like it a lot when that organ came in on the left. Your falsetto is good - wish i could do that! Loved the chorus progression.

Really nice!

Alan
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: NEW MIX: "HAPPY DANCE" - 02/14/18 07:05 PM
Hi Al-David!

Thank you for your kind comments! I had a lot of fun with this song, I hope it put a smile on your face too!

I wanted to do something different with the guitars to make you wonder (what the heck was that)? The organ on the left and the horns on the right were an ambush on your ears. The strings and piano were there to keep everything in line.

The falsetto was not that difficult (all you have to do is drop a few ice cubes down your shorts and presto)!!! =D

Thanks again,

Dave
© PG Music Forums