PG Music Home
Posted By: SaxMarc New version of old song: Baker's Song - 02/18/18 06:24 PM
Here's a new version of a song I wrote years ago. My wife is originally from Aruba, so I wrote this song for her with even more of an island feel than it had before. The style is not something I've ever written in before, so definitely a learning curve for me. I'm playing clarinet for the melody, and tenor and baritone sax at various points in the song. Most of the horn backgrounds are from the style that i used. Any and all comments are appreciated.

***** Song Summary *************
Title: Baker's Song
Key=F , Tempo 95, Length (m:s)=5:38
44 bar intro, 32 bar chorus, from bar 45 to bar 76. Repeat x2 choruses, tag ending, after bar 76
Fadeout ending bars =4.
Melody has 177 notes, Melody harmony is <no harmony>(0)
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Style is _SLOWSKA.STY

RealTracks in style: 1157:Bass, Electric, ReggaeSlow Sw 075
RealTracks in style: 1160:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm ReggaeSlow Sw 075
RealTracks in style: 1158:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ReggaeSlow Sw 075
RealTracks in style: ~~2293:Horn Section, Rhythm PopPads Ev 130
RealDrums: RealDrums in Style: PopPromiseEv16^5-a: Snare, HiHat , b: Snare, Ride

Baker's Song
Posted By: MarioD Re: New version of old song: Baker's Song - 02/18/18 10:04 PM
This had my toe tapping from the git go!

Excellent clarinet and sax!

Two thumbs up.
Posted By: SaxMarc Re: New version of old song: Baker's Song - 02/18/18 11:50 PM
Mario:
Thank you very much!
Posted By: RichMac Re: New version of old song: Baker's Song - 02/19/18 03:22 AM

Very cruisy and lively.
Enjoyed your wind instruments immensely Marc.

Cheers.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: New version of old song: Baker's Song - 02/19/18 11:06 AM
Marc,

A fun background for you horn work. I especially like your clarinet on this.

fj
Posted By: Scott C Re: New version of old song: Baker's Song - 02/19/18 02:57 PM
Excellent tune.
love the sound of woodwinds. Well done
Posted By: SaxMarc Re: New version of old song: Baker's Song - 02/19/18 03:36 PM
RichMac:
Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Posted By: SaxMarc Re: New version of old song: Baker's Song - 02/19/18 03:37 PM
FJ:
I've really been working on the clarinet lately, so I really appreciate your comment. Thank you.
Posted By: SaxMarc Re: New version of old song: Baker's Song - 02/19/18 03:38 PM
Scott:
Thank you very much for the comment. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
© PG Music Forums