PG Music Home
It's been a while since I've posted anything new, but I finally have something.
This is a co-write with one of my guitar students. I told her during a lesson recently that "You have to stop doing it like that... It's wrong and you'll just end up developing a bad habit", to which she replied, "Yea but, I'm so good at doin' it wrong". I said, "Well there's a song in that statement"! And off we went.

All RT's are listed below. Most all guitar parts are either my Tele (Trigger) or my Strat (Tichiwa), though there are a couple guitar RT's. I'm doing all the vocals as well.
As always all comments welcome.

https://soundcloud.com/user-813802595/so-good-at-doin-it-wrong

RD Rock SyncKick^02
RD TambourinePop8ths
RT 1717 Bass
RT 1718 Guitar
RT 1719 Guitar
RT 2367 Piano
RT 671 Organ B3

©2018 Greg Achord & Kathy Clifford

I’m So Good at Doing It Wrong

Life, love and everything in between
Nothing’s too easy and not what it seems
You’d think by now I would finally belong
I’m so good at doing it wrong X2

Work, play and getting through the day
I wonder and I wander and I just wanna say
What is it, what was it, I need to be strong, because
I’m so good at doing it wrong

Chorus:
With work, I’m a little slow
And with love, I never know
One things for sure I'm a little headstrong, that's why
I’m so damn good at doing it wrong

I wonder is it wrong life's not black or white
This simple happiness feels so right
Please feel free you can come along, but know
I’m so good at doing it wrong X2

You’d think by now I would have learned
lessons in life, not my concern
Beauty or smarts, they don’t belong

(Solo)

Chorus:
With work, I’m a little slow
And with love, I never know
One things for sure I'm a little headstrong, that's why
I’m so damn good at doing it wrong
Very cool tune. This one got me tappin my toes. Super vocal and lyric. Guitar tracks were excellent.
Really good job, love that southern/country rock vibe. Great guitar work. This would definitely please a country western bar full of drunks on a Saturday night!
Greg, great guitar work going on in here! I also want to mention that you did a good job working the piano in and out in a very tasteful manner! That break you put in about a third of the way through was nice (flowed so smoothly). A lot of songs posted seem to have trouble with those sounding natural! Very good work in my opinion! Thanks, Torrey
What a tune! This showcases a really good understanding of songwriting. It is wonderfully catchy, and the arrangement is superb. It's an earworm, and the guitar work is superb. It is very reminiscent of classic rock of the late 70's and early 80's for me. I'm getting a Toto/Boston kind of vibe a little bit.

Great work, and thanks so much for sharing smile
Hi Greg and Kathy,

Great song and very well done.
Title could be my mantra.

Cheers.
Nice energy in this one. Really like the guitar. Well written, and performed. Really enjoyed this one!

Steve
Rock on man! Got a bit of an early Skynyrd groove going here.

Your fine performances with both vocals and guitar take the write into solid country rock land. A good place to be.

And you wrapped it up with a mix that sounds excellent on our monitors.

Kudos!

J&B
Nice to see you back around, Greg!

What a great title/hook! Perfect for the Rock treatment you've given it. Has a BTO flavor to it. The chorus really takes off.

Nice guitar work throughout.

This had me "dancin' in my chair"...

fj
No guitar solo from Kathy? wink

Great song, strong hook, fun to listen to you sing it.
Greg

Really nice rocker. Liked the vocal and some wonderful guitar lines throughout.

Peter
Love the story behind the song!

And WOW what a song! That's Rock-n-Roll!!!

Just a few seconds in and I reached out and cranked it Up.

And half way through I noticed I had a smile on my face.

Loved it!
Greg,

You and Kathy have created an outstanding work.

The production sparkles and the mix and arrangement unfold with all the professionalism of a person who really know his way around music, knobs, dials and VU meters. My feet started tapping somewhere around bar 2 and didn't stop until the end.

It's really good to see you back in the forum again!

All the best,
Noel
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very cool tune. This one got me tappin my toes. Super vocal and lyric. Guitar tracks were excellent.

Thanks Scott. I appreciate it.

Originally Posted By: kybordr
Really good job, love that southern/country rock vibe. Great guitar work. This would definitely please a country western bar full of drunks on a Saturday night!

Thank you. I may get a chance to test this on a bar full of drunks soon. wink

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Greg, great guitar work going on in here! I also want to mention that you did a good job working the piano in and out in a very tasteful manner! That break you put in about a third of the way through was nice (flowed so smoothly). A lot of songs posted seem to have trouble with those sounding natural! Very good work in my opinion! Thanks, Torrey

Hey Torrey, thanks for the nice comments. That was my goal for the piano in this song.

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
What a tune! This showcases a really good understanding of songwriting. It is wonderfully catchy, and the arrangement is superb. It's an earworm, and the guitar work is superb. It is very reminiscent of classic rock of the late 70's and early 80's for me. I'm getting a Toto/Boston kind of vibe a little bit.

Great work, and thanks so much for sharing smile

Thanks for the kind comments Deryk. The late 70's & 80's were prime time for me! grin

Originally Posted By: RichMac
Hi Greg and Kathy,

Great song and very well done.
Title could be my mantra.

Cheers.

Thank you RichMac. Kathy thanks you too.

Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Nice energy in this one. Really like the guitar. Well written, and performed. Really enjoyed this one!

Steve

Hey Steve, I appreciate you taking the time to listen and for the nice comments.

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Rock on man! Got a bit of an early Skynyrd groove going here.

Your fine performances with both vocals and guitar take the write into solid country rock land. A good place to be.

And you wrapped it up with a mix that sounds excellent on our monitors.

Kudos!

J&B

Thanks J&B! Skynyrd and country rock are a comfort zone for me! grin
Originally Posted By: floyd jane

What a great title/hook! Perfect for the Rock treatment you've given it. Has a BTO flavor to it. The chorus really takes off.

fj

Hey Floyd, Thanks for the listen. It does have a bit of a BTO thing going for it.... I guess if you're gonna be good at doin it wrong, you better know how to be takin care of busineess! grin

Originally Posted By: dcuny
No guitar solo from Kathy? wink

Great song, strong hook, fun to listen to you sing it.

Thanks for the nice comments David. Kathy's not quite ready to be soloing yet, but it's funny at our last couple of lessons all she wants to do is play this song... Have to force her to work on something else! laugh

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Greg

Really nice rocker. Liked the vocal and some wonderful guitar lines throughout.

Peter

Thanks Peter I really appreciate that.

Originally Posted By: gruverider
Love the story behind the song!

And WOW what a song! That's Rock-n-Roll!!!

Just a few seconds in and I reached out and cranked it Up.

And half way through I noticed I had a smile on my face.

Loved it!

Well thanks a lot gruverider, that's so nice of you!

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Greg,

You and Kathy have created an outstanding work.

The production sparkles and the mix and arrangement unfold with all the professionalism of a person who really know his way around music, knobs, dials and VU meters. My feet started tapping somewhere around bar 2 and didn't stop until the end.

It's really good to see you back in the forum again!

All the best,
Noel

Thank you Noel! I always look forward to your comments. Kathy will be thrilled as well. I thinks she's pretty excited about having a song she co-wrote being recorded and listened to by others... Her husband says he starting to feel like he's married to a rock star. wink
Wow, that's so cool that this song got started all because of a little comment. And even better that it was inspired from a conversation with your student. This is really is a magical and catchy tune. Awesome job!
Nice tune. It turned out pretty well whatever Kathy was doing wrong. A great collaboration, write, mix,production and performance. Enjoyed this from start to finish.

fj

YES!!! Fun and catchy! I can relate to the title (just ask my wife!) Good to see you back. You do some great Rock and Roll!!! Come back soon! Take care. Greg
Greg that is some swweeeet classic southern rock you got going on here! Love that hook too. Great job!!
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
Wow, that's so cool that this song got started all because of a little comment. And even better that it was inspired from a conversation with your student. This is really is a magical and catchy tune. Awesome job!

Thanks Ember. Also thanks to whoever at PG Music posted a Facebook link to my song.

Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Nice tune. It turned out pretty well whatever Kathy was doing wrong. A great collaboration, write, mix,production and performance. Enjoyed this from start to finish.

Hey Charlie, thanks for taking the time to listen and comment.

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson

fj

YES!!! Fun and catchy! I can relate to the title (just ask my wife!) Good to see you back. You do some great Rock and Roll!!! Come back soon! Take care. Greg

Hey Greg, I think we can all relate to the title at one time or another. wink Thanks for the nice comments.

Originally Posted By: Sundance
Greg that is some swweeeet classic southern rock you got going on here! Love that hook too. Great job!!

Thanks Josie, that's very nice of you.
Neat song & great production... Sounds like it could be the story of my life
Very infectious Greg, and excellent guitar work there!

John
Originally Posted By: Jim
Neat song & great production... Sounds like it could be the story of my life

Hey Jim thanks for the listen.

Originally Posted By: Skyline
Very infectious Greg, and excellent guitar work there!

John

Thanks for the nice comments John. I appreciate it!
© PG Music Forums