PG Music Home
Posted By: Riccled Swing In Brother - 02/20/18 08:53 PM
Evening all.
Here’s a nice different track,a bigband instrumental using the Crooner bigband Realtracks set with me playing the piano solo on Arturia Piano V

https://soundcloud.com/riccledy/dropbox-swing-in-brother

R.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Swing In Brother - 02/21/18 12:20 PM
Nice work here, Riccled smile I like the gentle swing of this tune. It has a lot of character and attitude to it. The arraignment sounds really professional, and the way the song flows makes it really enjoyable. I'd imagine this sounding great performed live in a lounge setting.

Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Swing In Brother - 02/21/18 02:33 PM
This is probably one of your best songs I've heard from you so far, Riccled. I think this is a nice style for you. Great job.
Posted By: Riccled Re: Swing In Brother - 02/21/18 04:03 PM
Hi folks.
Thanks for that guys,yeah I like doing the jazz ones,I wouldn’t mind a trad jazz realtracks set,I’ll have a look on the PG Music site and see where they are.
Thanks.
R.
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Swing In Brother - 02/23/18 11:33 AM
Riccled, nice track..it's sometimes challenging to 'simple down' and quiet the track like you have done and still come up with an interesting listen. There are some brass glides in there that I would like to be able to learn and master. I also like the stops you have to interrupt the rhythm section. You've tickled my interest in going back to those laid-back big band options available in BIAB! Thanks.
Posted By: Riccled Re: Swing In Brother - 02/23/18 05:38 PM
Hi Tano.
Yes it’s a bewildering variety of styles on B.B. but such exceptional quality,it makes track making so much easier and better,I shall do more jazz tracks in the coming weeks too,thanks for the review.
R.
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Swing In Brother - 02/23/18 06:29 PM
Thanks for sharing this with us Riccled, the piano noodling is great! nice interplay with the horns too.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Swing In Brother - 02/23/18 09:36 PM
Nice changeup Rick. Nice riffing to the backtrack. Well done
Posted By: Riccled Re: Swing In Brother - 02/24/18 04:47 PM
Hi all.
Yes it was a nice one to do,always enjoy experimenting with these unfamiliar styles,glad it’s doing well,thanks.
R.
© PG Music Forums