PG Music Home
Posted By: Samuel Davis Etherials - 02/28/18 03:59 PM
[Link no longer valid]

Last night I felt like messing around with BIAB and seeing if I could make an electronic instrumental piece using BIAB. Using some of the built in FX (mostly Auto-Wah and Compression) I was able to create the basis for this piece. I then exported the tracks to Cubase for further editing and mixing. I added 3 other synth tracks using Xplod_2 for the final touches. I may go back and add one more at the end for an even fuller sound. I'm not sure yet. Let me know what you think.

BIAB Tarcks Used:
Synth/Plugin Loaded Loop : Chillout - Destiny 71
Real Drums=CloudRap
2969:Bass, Synth,Dancehall Sync Ev 16
2739:Synth,Rhythm Pep Squad Pad Ev 16
1837:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Pop Modern Groove Held Ev 16
2705:Synth, Rhythm Cloud Rap Percussive Ev 16

Other Virtual Instruments:
Xplod_2 - Deep Tubed (Synth Bass)
Xplod_2 - Flutey Pad Maker (Soft Pad)
Xplod_2 - Intensity (Ambience FX)
Posted By: kybordr Re: Etherials - 02/28/18 04:08 PM
Samuel...very pretty song, great arrangement. I love instrumental pieces that have the patience to build slowly like this. Nicely done!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Etherials - 02/28/18 06:25 PM
This is super. I liked everything about it. Personally I would leave it as is.

Two thumbs up
Posted By: RichMac Re: Etherials - 02/28/18 10:06 PM

I like this stuff Samuel and know it's an instrumental but always wanted to do a song with similar type backing.
Have never managed to use BiaB in this way.
Good work.

Cheers.
Posted By: Samuel Davis Re: Etherials - 03/01/18 02:10 AM
Originally Posted By: RichMac

I like this stuff Samuel and know it's an instrumental but always wanted to do a song with similar type backing.
Have never managed to use BiaB in this way.
Good work.

Cheers.

I wasn't sure how feasible it would be but it turned out great. I'll definitely be tring some other things out.
Posted By: Samuel Davis Re: Etherials - 03/01/18 02:14 AM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
This is super. I liked everything about it. Personally I would leave it as is.

Two thumbs up

Thanks Mario. I just feel like it could build a little bit more. I'm kindof hearing an underlying electicity sound in my head. I just have to find the right synth sound.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Etherials - 03/01/18 12:56 PM
Wow - I wasn't expecting this from you Samuel! This is really different than what I usually hear on the showcase, and I really enjoyed this! It's really easy to get lost in. And I love the balancing act of the soft synths with the heavier drums.

Really nice work here - thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Samuel Davis Re: Etherials - 03/01/18 01:20 PM
Thanks Deryk. I know everyone is use to hearing country songs from me but I actually like lots of different kinds of music. Now that I have the full version of BIAB I'll be experimenting a bit to see what it can do.
Posted By: cliftond Re: Etherials - 03/01/18 01:24 PM
enjoyed it Samuel,nice feel to it
Posted By: Samuel Davis Re: Etherials - 03/02/18 12:20 PM
Thanks clifton
Posted By: gruverider Re: Etherials - 03/02/18 07:26 PM
Wow that bass is scaring my sub! lol! Great groove and composition, and great example of the versatility of BIAB.

much enjoyed!
Posted By: Sundance Re: Etherials - 03/02/18 11:31 PM
Very cool Samuel. I don't listen to much of this kind of thing but it sounds like you did a fine job to me.
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Etherials - 03/07/18 02:35 PM
This song is super cool. I think it came out really well. It has a really nice groove to it and isn't super jarring like some electronic music can be, which I really like. It's very smooth in comparison to some of the stuff I've heard before. Definitely fits with the Ethereal title.

Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Etherials - 03/07/18 08:38 PM
Different and enjoyable.
Rob
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Etherials - 03/16/18 02:47 PM
Cool vibe Samuel! Sometimes it's fun to just "go fishing" in BIAB and see what you come up with. Enjoyed! Take care. Greg
Posted By: dcuny Re: Etherials - 03/16/18 04:18 PM
I agree with Mario - sounds fine the way it is.
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Etherials - 03/16/18 04:44 PM
Hey Samuel Davis really interesting grooves with this, love the hi hat loop and searing pads! Reminds me of modern dance music. Thanks for sharing with us... well done!
© PG Music Forums