PG Music Home
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic NEW SONG: "On My Way Back Home" - 03/02/18 06:17 PM
Hi Gang!

It's me again!=D

Ever have a few songs lined up in your mind to write then one that was not at the top of your list, finally becomes first? Oh well...never mind.

Here's my latest: "On My Way Back Home." For the first time in my life I'm singing a complete song in my falsetto voice. I'm certain someone will help me make it right if it falls short!!! =D

All the best,
Dave

https://soundcloud.com/davebrooksmusicfactory/on-my-way-back-home

I've included the lyrics to save the cost of a translator:o

“On My Way, Back Home.”
By: David Brooks 02/18/2018

Driving down this, lonesome road – Searching for my, exit sign –

I’ve been gone a very long time –Now I’m on my way back home.

Reminded of the fun we had – As I try to pass the time –

Can’t wait to see my fam-il-y again – So I’m on my way back home.

(Chorus)

I can see their smiley faces – Looking back at me –

But my road of Life is killing me – So I’m on my way back home.

My tires sing a lullaby – While keeping, perfect time –

It’s 2 AM and I’m so alone – But I’m on my way back home.

Now, it’s after 4 AM – And there’s my exit sign –

Just two more miles, down this road – And I’m finally back home!

(Chorus)

On my way back home, So I'm on my way back home….

All rights reserved.
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: NEW SONG: "On My Way Back Home" - 03/02/18 09:38 PM
Thanks for sharing this Dave Brooks! Nice vocals and great use of reverb to create space too. Well done!
Posted By: Scott C Re: NEW SONG: "On My Way Back Home" - 03/02/18 11:47 PM
Cool song Dave. Excellent lyric
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: NEW SONG: "On My Way Back Home" - 03/03/18 03:32 PM
Thanks Gang!

But, please accept my most sincere apologies. I say this because you should never mix a song when you have a cold. I listened to it this morning and thought someone hacked my Soundcloud account! =D Three hour later it now sound the way I envisioned it...or so they say.

If you'd like to hear the revised version, please use the link below.

Again my apologies,

Dave

http://soundcloud.com/davebrooksmusicfactory/on-my-way-back-home
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: NEW SONG: "On My Way Back Home" - 03/03/18 03:33 PM
Hi Scott!

Thanks!

But, please accept my most sincere apologies. I say this because you should never mix a song when you have a cold. I listened to it this morning and thought someone hacked my Soundcloud account! =D Three hour later it now sound the way I envisioned it...or so they say.

If you'd like to hear the revised version, please use the link below.

Again my apologies,

Dave

http://soundcloud.com/davebrooksmusicfactory/on-my-way-back-home
Posted By: Tano Music Re: NEW SONG: "On My Way Back Home" - 03/06/18 10:27 AM
Dave...the intro with the low piano notes immediately made me want to listen more..great way to get it started. I especially liked how you carried the melody/harmony to a minor key on the word "Home".

I didn't realize the intent of the lyric until I saw your note on SoundCloud about the soldier's return. Then I went back to re-read the lyric and I saw new meaning in it. I think you should title it "On My Way Back Home (A Soldier's Lament)".
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: NEW SONG: "On My Way Back Home" - 03/06/18 01:07 PM
Hi Tano Music!

It a pleasure to meet you! Thank you for your kind comments. This is one of those "Songs" that tend to write themselves. I can truly say it was one of my fastest creations.

Funny you should mention ("A Soldier's Lament) because after I finished this song, I began thinking how this could also represent a "Christian Soldier," on his "Life's Road" trying to get home (Heaven) to see his lost Family again! I also considered to leave it blank to allow the listener more latitude to put themselves in his place.

Either way, I'm glad you liked it!

Thank you again for taking time to listen!

All the best,
Dave
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: NEW SONG: "On My Way Back Home" - 03/06/18 02:21 PM
Your piano intro was such an amazing beginning to the song! You should be really proud of yourself for it.

Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: NEW SONG: "On My Way Back Home" - 03/06/18 05:16 PM
Hey Ember!

Thanks for your kind comment! But, t'was not I on the piano intro, it was all BIAB!!! =D

Thanks again!!!
Dave
Posted By: RichMac Re: NEW SONG: "On My Way Back Home" - 03/07/18 06:39 AM
Hi Dave.

I think this is amazing.
The vocal is very dramatic and very melodic.
When i first read the lyrics i thought they were about dying and going home that way.
This world is not my home sort of thing.
Glad to discover it's about a soldier returning home and you are not leaving yet.

Cheers.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: NEW SONG: "On My Way Back Home" - 03/07/18 12:33 PM
I really enjoyed this one! It sounds so grande and epic. Your falsetto vocals do a good job cutting through all the layers of instruments. It sounds so full, and not crowded at all despite all the stuff going on.

Great work, and thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: NEW SONG: "On My Way Back Home" - 03/07/18 02:27 PM
Rich, Rich, Rich!

You were correct!!! A "Christian Soldier" making it down that last leg of their journey home! How many of us have been in this situation? We are all Soldiers deployed here on Battlefield Earth!!!

Thanks Bro! I hope all is well with you!!! God Bless!!!

Dave
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: NEW SONG: "On My Way Back Home" - 03/07/18 02:33 PM
ZUP "D" ???=D

Thanks for your kind input! You have no idea of the number of tracks I had to REMOVE because it sounded too cluttered! I got it just at the brink where a person would say: "Boy, there's a lot going on here, but it's cool!!! =D

Thanks again! I think I'm on the right track with my mixes! Give my regards to the Crew!!!

Dave
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: NEW SONG: "On My Way Back Home" - 03/16/18 02:45 PM
Cool song!! I guess I would like to hear it with the vocal an octave lower. The music is very nice and the lyrics are strong. Thanks for posting! Take care. Greg
Posted By: dcuny Re: NEW SONG: "On My Way Back Home" - 03/16/18 04:24 PM
I especially like the vocal fade at the end, where the piano takes over.

I'm impressed that you can hit those note with your falsetto - nicely done! But I'm not sure that it's a good match to the lyric.

But still... man, can you hit those notes! smile
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: NEW SONG: "On My Way Back Home" - 03/16/18 09:06 PM
Hi dcuny!

Thanks for your comments! I wanted to try something new vocally. Never sang falsetto before on tape. This may sound weird but I had a cold and couldn't sing in my normal voice without coughing.

Normally, to sing falsetto, I'd have to have 3 things: Ice, a hammer, and a hand! =D

All the best!

Dave
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: NEW SONG: "On My Way Back Home" - 03/16/18 09:12 PM
Hi Mr. Greg!

I hope you are well. Thanks for the listen. I would have loved to sing this song in my normal voice, but due to a chest cold, I was forced to sing in my falsetto because it required less air. Maybe when I get my voice back I'll try a redux.

I'm also curious how this song would sound in my normal voice!

Thanks again,

Dave
© PG Music Forums