PG Music Home
Posted By: Rob4580 New song with a new DAW #Alone Again# - 03/05/18 02:11 AM
Hi guys. Been busy learning a new DAW Studio One.
This is my first effort with studio one. Very happy with the sound quality although
this song may be a little quiet. Let me know what you think.
Rob

Alone Again

Its four in the morning and my tear drops keep falling your gone again.
You just cant stay with me and so you will leave me I'm alone again with out you.

As I stare ceiling your harsh words keep on stinging my heart they do.
Oh I need you near me to hold and to cheer me alone again with out you

Chorus
Please lonely nights wont you stay away don't come back again.
You've befriended me but I don't need you here when I'm all alone.

Bridge

Those minuets keep passing and I keep on asking are we through this time.
Oh I could not take it my heart you would break it two and throw it away

****** Song Summary *************
Title: Alone again
File:Alone again.SGU
Key=D , Tempo 60, Length (m:s)=4:08
2 bar intro, 56 bar chorus, from bar 3 to bar 58. Repeat x1 chorus
Melody has 132 notes, Melody harmony is < no harmony >(0)
Soloist track has 455 notes, Soloist harmony is < no harmony >(0)
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Style is _PANCAKE.STY (Tuesday Pancake Country Swing)

RealTracks in style: 533:Bass, Electric, 12-8 Crystal Sw 065
RealTracks in style: 2167:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Country12-8John Sw 065
RealTracks in style: 2674:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm Blues12-8Brent Sw 065
RealTracks in song: 3064:Vocal Oohs, Rhythm Pop3-part Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 627:Pedal Steel, Background 12-8 Crystal Sw 065
RealDrums in style: SouthernPop12-8Soul^01-a:Hat, Snare, b:Open Hat, Snare

Vocals My Self - Mixed with studio one
Posted By: Al-David Re: New song with a new DAW #Alone Again# - 03/05/18 02:41 AM
Hi Rob,

Sounds pretty danged good to me. You are so good with these ballads and the big band standards. The mix is clean and very well balanced. The vocal oohs and aahs are a real nice touch on the chorus well as the response b/g vocals. Really nice!

Alan
Posted By: Pipeline Re: New song with a new DAW #Alone Again# - 03/05/18 02:50 AM
Bob has left the building... awesome ! I hope you are still sending songs for Adam Harvey over on the Sony submission page.
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: New song with a new DAW #Alone Again# - 03/05/18 07:35 AM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Rob,

Sounds pretty danged good to me. You are so good with these ballads and the big band standards. The mix is clean and very well balanced. The vocal oohs and aahs are a real nice touch on the chorus well as the response b/g vocals. Really nice!

Alan

Hi Allan. Hope every thing is well with you and Di.
Thank you for your gracious comments I always appreciate them.
Kind regards Rob
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: New song with a new DAW #Alone Again# - 03/05/18 07:38 AM
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
Bob has left the building... awesome ! I hope you are still sending songs for Adam Harvey over on the Sony submission page.

Hi PipeLine. Had a look on the Sony page and couldn't find a submission page. If you have a link let me know. Thanks for listening and commenting. Rob
Posted By: Pipeline Re: New song with a new DAW #Alone Again# - 03/05/18 07:50 AM
This was the link I had www.soundcloud.com/groups/sony-music-australia-demo-submissions
but it is not active anymore, contact them below:

Sony Music Entertainment Australia

Phone: +61 2 9383 6200
11-19 Hargrave St, Darlinghurst
NSW 2010

General Enquires: enquiries.au@sonymusic.com
Posted By: Scott C Re: New song with a new DAW #Alone Again# - 03/05/18 11:06 PM
Excellent tune Rob. Definitely had the Elvis feel to it. Well done..
Great vocal! Background vocal are a nice touch too, makes the song special. Definitely sounds like something Elvis might have done as others have mentioned.
Mix sounds good at this end through my studio headphones.
Posted By: Tano Music Re: New song with a new DAW #Alone Again# - 03/06/18 10:33 AM
Rob, I don't know why "easy" listening has such a bad reputation...this is surely 'easy' to listen to, and a great pleasure. We need a portion of slow/soft compositions like this in our music diet--my opinion.

It's got the feel you were intending..your voice fits perfectly, and the background ooh's were right on. A great slow dancing song.

One suggestion...I would have liked to hear a little solo in the break around the 1:45 mark.

Thanks for posting!
Most excellent. Everything sounds great on our monitors.

You own this genre.

As Tano Music said "We need a portion of slow/soft compositions like this in our music diet--my opinion." Dittos to that.

Enjoyed it!

J&B

This sounds great Rob!
I really enjoyed this one, Rob smile Very reminiscent of the 50's and 60's - I'm feeling some Elvis vibes here. I particularly enjoyed the background harmonies. They flow incredibly well and help the emotion hit harder.

Really well done! Thanks so much for sharing smile
Posted By: cliftond Re: New song with a new DAW #Alone Again# - 03/06/18 12:22 PM
great song, mix, and vocals so goooooood!!!!
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: New song with a new DAW #Alone Again# - 03/06/18 06:47 PM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Excellent tune Rob. Definitely had the Elvis feel to it. Well done..

Hi Scott. Thanks mate smile
Rob
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: New song with a new DAW #Alone Again# - 03/06/18 06:49 PM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Great vocal! Background vocal are a nice touch too, makes the song special. Definitely sounds like something Elvis might have done as others have mentioned.
Mix sounds good at this end through my studio headphones.

Hi Blue. I'm working hard to improve the quality of my recording.
I really feel that studio one is going to help me do that.
Thanks for listening. Rob
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: New song with a new DAW #Alone Again# - 03/06/18 06:52 PM
Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Rob, I don't know why "easy" listening has such a bad reputation...this is surely 'easy' to listen to, and a great pleasure. We need a portion of slow/soft compositions like this in our music diet--my opinion.

It's got the feel you were intending..your voice fits perfectly, and the background ooh's were right on. A great slow dancing song.

One suggestion...I would have liked to hear a little solo in the break around the 1:45 mark.

Thanks for posting!

Hello Tano. Really appreciate your thoughtful comments.
Thank you also for your suggestions.
May re-look at this song at a letter date.
Thanks for listening Rob
Posted By: Teunis Re: New song with a new DAW #Alone Again# - 03/06/18 07:30 PM
A really nice song, well written and nicely done. I also was waiting for a guitar or pedal solo that wasn't there, but still very well done.

Tony
Posted By: Robertkc Re: New song with a new DAW #Alone Again# - 03/06/18 08:48 PM
Rob,
Very classy vocal and love the background oohs.
The mix sounds good and clear ( maybe a little quiet, but its a low key song).
Enjoyed.

Robert
Posted By: RnAM Re: New song with a new DAW #Alone Again# - 03/07/18 12:02 AM
Rob, that studio one certainly seems to work for you.
You've come up with a very pro-sounding song with very cool backing vocals as well.
Nice, nice, nice

Rob
Posted By: PeterF Re: New song with a new DAW #Alone Again# - 03/07/18 02:19 AM
Rob

Superb vocals and vocal arrangement. A real Elvis vibe as noted by others.

Peter
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: New song with a new DAW #Alone Again# - 03/07/18 08:40 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Most excellent. Everything sounds great on our monitors.

You own this genre.

As Tano Music said "We need a portion of slow/soft compositions like this in our music diet--my opinion." Dittos to that.

Enjoyed it!

J&B

Thanks for listening guys. Appreciate your comments. Rob
Hello, Rob

The fragrance of Elvis is strongly drifting as usual.
Male chorus part is grasping the taste of the 50's years.
It is very effective and comfortable.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: RichMac Re: New song with a new DAW #Alone Again# - 03/08/18 03:45 AM

Hi Bob

Another style i haven't heard from you before.
Very smooth and well controlled vocal and most enjoyable.

Cheers.
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: New song with a new DAW #Alone Again# - 03/09/18 08:03 PM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

This sounds great Rob!

Thank you David
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: New song with a new DAW #Alone Again# - 03/09/18 08:03 PM
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
I really enjoyed this one, Rob smile Very reminiscent of the 50's and 60's - I'm feeling some Elvis vibes here. I particularly enjoyed the background harmonies. They flow incredibly well and help the emotion hit harder.

Really well done! Thanks so much for sharing smile

Hello Deryk. Thank you for your comments. Rob
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: New song with a new DAW #Alone Again# - 03/09/18 08:04 PM
Originally Posted By: cliftond
great song, mix, and vocals so goooooood!!!!

Thank you Cliftond. Rob
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: New song with a new DAW #Alone Again# - 03/09/18 08:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Teunis
A really nice song, well written and nicely done. I also was waiting for a guitar or pedal solo that wasn't there, but still very well done.

Tony

Many Thanks Tony. Rob
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: New song with a new DAW #Alone Again# - 03/09/18 08:06 PM
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Rob,
Very classy vocal and love the background oohs.
The mix sounds good and clear ( maybe a little quiet, but its a low key song).
Enjoyed.

Robert

Thank you Robert. Rob
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: New song with a new DAW #Alone Again# - 03/09/18 08:07 PM
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Rob, that studio one certainly seems to work for you.
You've come up with a very pro-sounding song with very cool backing vocals as well.
Nice, nice, nice

Rob

Thank you RnAM. Appreciate your comments. Rob
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: New song with a new DAW #Alone Again# - 03/09/18 08:07 PM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Rob

Superb vocals and vocal arrangement. A real Elvis vibe as noted by others.

Peter

Thank you Peter. Rob
Posted By: tommyad Re: New song with a new DAW #Alone Again# - 03/09/18 08:24 PM
Rob, this sounds really good. Great editing on the steel and a good write with some fine vocals. I enjoyed it a lot, Tom
Posted By: Sundance Re: New song with a new DAW #Alone Again# - 03/14/18 12:10 AM
Love that big voice of yours Rob! Gotta echo J&B - you own this genre. Mix with the new daw sounds great here!
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: New song with a new DAW #Alone Again# - 03/14/18 08:03 AM
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Rob

The fragrance of Elvis is strongly drifting as usual.
Male chorus part is grasping the taste of the 50's years.
It is very effective and comfortable.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Hello Shigeki. Thank you for you kind words. Rob
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: New song with a new DAW #Alone Again# - 03/14/18 08:04 AM
Originally Posted By: RichMac

Hi Bob

Another style i haven't heard from you before.
Very smooth and well controlled vocal and most enjoyable.

Cheers.

Thanks for commenting. Rich. Rob
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: New song with a new DAW #Alone Again# - 03/15/18 07:41 PM
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Rob, this sounds really good. Great editing on the steel and a good write with some fine vocals. I enjoyed it a lot, Tom

Thank you Tommy. Rob
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: New song with a new DAW #Alone Again# - 03/15/18 07:42 PM
Originally Posted By: Sundance
Love that big voice of yours Rob! Gotta echo J&B - you own this genre. Mix with the new daw sounds great here!

Thank you Josie. Rob
Posted By: MarioD Re: New song with a new DAW #Alone Again# - 03/15/18 10:09 PM
Now this is great 50's music!

Are you sure that you were not signed by Sun Records?

Everything about this one is top shelf so its a keeper.

PS - Studio One is a great DAW isn't it!
Posted By: rsdean Re: New song with a new DAW #Alone Again# - 03/16/18 06:28 AM
Rob,

This sounds great. Love the feel of this - excellent vocal and overall production.

Bob
Classic melancholy sound!! Your vocals always shine. I like the relatively sparse arrangement on this. Mix sounds great to me!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Jim Re: New song with a new DAW #Alone Again# - 04/07/18 06:57 PM
Great understated shuffle song... I love shuffles... excellent work.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: New song with a new DAW #Alone Again# - 04/07/18 07:04 PM
Rob,

I missed this one and I'm glad that Jim brought it back to the top of the list.

I really enjoyed listening to song. The arrangement, mix and production are great and, as always, you sound really polished and very easy-on-the-ears. It was a pleasure to jump on board for the ride.

All the best,
Noel
© PG Music Forums