PG Music Home
Posted By: Tano Music Too Far -- Another 'cosmic' song today! - 03/18/18 07:10 PM
Sounds like a "deep in space" day today--songs about stars, comets, etc!
This song was inspired by a radio interview I heard about a Mom who was willing to live behind her kids to volunteer for a mission to Mars. Left behind husband is singing..

Too Far

---------------------
You are TOO FAR;
You are TOO FAR; 

I saw your video from the mother ship,
Speeding 'cross the hundred thousand miles;
Wounded by your smiles..

You are TOO FAR;
You are TOO FAR;

I heard your messages over radio;
Unknown journey's end--that's  your thrill;
Must I wait here until..

What you've left here
'Cross the light years is a child, dear..
What kind of soul chases far stars
To give all of their life to Mars?

Was it kindness
when you said 'yes' to the emptiness..?
What kind of soul chases far stars
And gives all of their life to Mars?

===============================
Style = Bosanuvo
RT's:
1433 Electric Jazz/Funk Bass
467 Rhythm Guitar
466 Bossa Bass
2189 Elec Piano
1220 Vibe Solo
Posted By: MarioD Re: Too Far -- Another 'cosmic' song today! - 03/18/18 07:36 PM
I loved everything about this! The backing tracks are perfect, loved those stops. The vocals are fantastic and those vocal effects-WOW!

This is a keeper.
Posted By: rsdean Re: Too Far -- Another 'cosmic' song today! - 03/18/18 08:44 PM
That was different, fresh and excellent.

Much enjoyed.

Bob
Posted By: Scott C Re: Too Far -- Another 'cosmic' song today! - 03/19/18 04:15 PM
+1 to what Bob said. Very different and very creative. Cool backtrack and vocal. Well done
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Too Far -- Another 'cosmic' song today! - 03/19/18 06:58 PM
Wow! You certainly are pushing the boundaries and opening up new ground with your music. Very creative. Well done. Rob
Tano Music, wow, lots of cool stuff going on in here! Experimental and jazzy and I like it! I know you spent considerable time constructing this and I appreciate your efforts! Thanks, Torrey
Thanks all for your kind comments..
Wow - this is unreal! Very different than what you typically hear on the showcase. It almost reminds me of certain stuff my Art of Noise back in the 80's. Although truly - this is wholly unique, and I can't think of anything that sounds like this. It's like lounge music from outer space!

Great work on this and thanks so much for sharing smile
Such a unique and interesting idea for a song! I'm really impressed. I think you did a really awesome job making a song that was uniquely your own. Great job!
Thanks again.
Fascinatingly different. Great idea, mix, vocal and effects.

I suspect that took a good bit of effort. Creating something like this is so far beyond my imagination and skills that it's, well, light years away smile

Another example of BiaB + talent can create.

Kudos!

J&B

Far out man!!!

I think this could be the soundtrack opening theme song for Austin Powers IV: The Alien Who Loved Me.

smile

Cool, song! But seriously, this could totally be in an Austin Powers soundtrack.

Am I the only one??
Posted By: tommyad Re: Too Far -- Another 'cosmic' song today! - 03/20/18 05:36 PM
This is a very creative different sounding piece. There are some really nice things going on here. I enjoyed my listen, Tom
Hello, Tom

A wonderful bossa nova!
The melody and the chord progression are really nice.
I strongly feel the influence of Tom Jobim especially at the melody from “What kind of soul chases far stars”.
Any way, this is very creative and excellent.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
© PG Music Forums