PG Music Home
Posted By: quekou Original Music - Addict (瘾君子) - 03/18/18 11:09 PM
Lyrics and Music by Quekou

735: Piano, Accoustic, Rhythm Jazz Ballad Sw 060
569: Resophonic, Rhythm Blues Delta
571: Harmonica, Background Blues Monday Sw

Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Original Music - Addict (瘾君子) - 03/19/18 11:46 AM
You have provided an interesting contrast between the oriental style introduction, and the bluesy feel of the song. I did enjoy the laid back feel.
Posted By: Mikke Re: Original Music - Addict (瘾君子) - 03/19/18 12:08 PM
Hey Quekou,

Great track. I really dig the vibe of this song. To me, it seems like a really good mix of modern and old. The blues guitar with the jazz piano is a wonderful contrast.

They lyrics were really clever, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thanks for sharing!
Wow very cool. Caught me off guard when the vocals came in!
WSS
Your lyrics were so moving! I really appreciate that you included them in the video for us. You have a really lovely mix here, and I'm glad you shared this with us.
Posted By: quekou Re: Original Music - Addict (瘾君子) - 03/19/18 07:04 PM
Thanks for your kind words.
Posted By: quekou Re: Original Music - Addict (瘾君子) - 03/19/18 07:06 PM
Originally Posted By: Mikke - PG Music
Hey Quekou,

Great track. I really dig the vibe of this song. To me, it seems like a really good mix of modern and old. The blues guitar with the jazz piano is a wonderful contrast.

They lyrics were really clever, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thanks for sharing!

Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
Your lyrics were so moving! I really appreciate that you included them in the video for us. You have a really lovely mix here, and I'm glad you shared this with us.

Thank you guys for your kind replies. I wrote the lyrics in Chinese and the English is pretty much a direct translation. Hopefully it makes sense.
Posted By: quekou Re: Original Music - Addict (瘾君子) - 03/19/18 07:07 PM
Originally Posted By: Westside Steve
Wow very cool. Caught me off guard when the vocals came in!
WSS

thanks for listening.
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Original Music - Addict (瘾君子) - 03/19/18 07:10 PM
Haunting.Very impressive. Great write. Thanks for listing. Rob
Posted By: Teunis Re: Original Music - Addict (瘾君子) - 03/19/18 08:36 PM
Originally Posted By: quekou

Thank you guys for your kind replies. I wrote the lyrics in Chinese and the English is pretty much a direct translation. Hopefully it makes sense.

The translation made perfect sense. The song is beautiful and very well performed.

Tony
Posted By: quekou Re: Original Music - Addict (瘾君子) - 03/20/18 11:29 AM
Originally Posted By: Teunis
Originally Posted By: quekou

Thank you guys for your kind replies. I wrote the lyrics in Chinese and the English is pretty much a direct translation. Hopefully, it makes sense.

The translation made perfect sense. The song is beautiful and very well performed.

Tony

Thanks, Tony. I was wondering if the translation all made sense as sometimes I find when two languages are very different, direct translation might sound strange to the other. Thanks for the confirmation. Cheers.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Original Music - Addict (瘾君子) - 03/20/18 04:54 PM
Just loved this track. Very cool how you slid the tradional blues jazz instruments in with the tradional instruments. Excellent vocal as well...
Posted By: quekou Re: Original Music - Addict (瘾君子) - 03/20/18 10:43 PM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Just loved this track. Very cool how you slid the tradional blues jazz instruments in with the tradional instruments. Excellent vocal as well...

Thanks Scott for your kind words. Cheers.
Posted By: RichMac Re: Original Music - Addict (瘾君子) - 03/21/18 03:14 AM

Hi Quekou,

Very beautiful with great use of the resophonic.
The vocal somehow caught me by surprise also.
All very good.

Cheers.
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Original Music - Addict (瘾君子) - 03/21/18 07:53 AM
Quekou..really liked how you phased the various instruments in/out of your arrangement, and the use of the traditional instrument samples. Loved your voice (I think you could bring it a bit more forward in the mix).

Is it possible for you to post your original Chinese vocal? I'd love to hear it in its native language!

Thanks.
Nice work on this one, quekou! I loved the slow progression in this tune. It is so gentle, and seems to build so effortlessly. Also, the way you incorporated that bluesy feel with traditional Chinese instruments was very interesting! It really gave it an interesting dynamic.

Really well done - thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: cliftond Re: Original Music - Addict (瘾君子) - 03/21/18 11:41 AM
Excellent blend of style and instruments top notch production!!
Posted By: quekou Re: Original Music - Addict (瘾君子) - 03/21/18 10:37 PM
Originally Posted By: RichMac

Hi Quekou,

Very beautiful with great use of the resophonic.
The vocal somehow caught me by surprise also.
All very good.

Cheers.
Thank you for listening and your kind words.
Posted By: quekou Re: Original Music - Addict (瘾君子) - 03/21/18 10:40 PM
Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Quekou..really liked how you phased the various instruments in/out of your arrangement, and the use of the traditional instrument samples. Loved your voice (I think you could bring it a bit more forward in the mix).

Is it possible for you to post your original Chinese vocal? I'd love to hear it in its native language!

Thanks.
Thank you very much for your comments. The vocal is not my voice. it was synthesized using a singing synthesizer software called Vocaloid. There is not Chinese vocal recorded though I do have a plan to do that in the future using my own voice.
Posted By: quekou Re: Original Music - Addict (瘾君子) - 03/21/18 10:41 PM
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Nice work on this one, quekou! I loved the slow progression in this tune. It is so gentle, and seems to build so effortlessly. Also, the way you incorporated that bluesy feel with traditional Chinese instruments was very interesting! It really gave it an interesting dynamic.

Really well done - thanks for sharing smile
Originally Posted By: cliftond
Excellent blend of style and instruments top notch production!!

Thank you folks for listening.
Hello, Quekou

Really creative!
The instrumentation is very nice.
The melody that reminds me of "Summertime" is also nice.
The vocal (maybe Vocaloid?) fits this tune very well and it is really comfortable.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: jannesan Re: Original Music - Addict (瘾君子) - 03/25/18 04:00 AM
Really interesting combination of jazz and blues That guitar playing almost alone is really effective. Great lyrics also.

Janne
Posted By: quekou Re: Original Music - Addict (瘾君子) - 03/26/18 09:38 AM
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Quekou

Really creative!
The instrumentation is very nice.
The melody that reminds me of "Summertime" is also nice.
The vocal (maybe Vocaloid?) fits this tune very well and it is really comfortable.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Hi Shigeki, thank you for listening to my music. Yes, the vocal is synthesized with Vocaloid. Have a great day.
Posted By: quekou Re: Original Music - Addict (瘾君子) - 03/26/18 09:41 AM
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Really interesting combination of jazz and blues That guitar playing almost alone is really effective. Great lyrics also.

Janne
Thank you for your encouragement on the lyrics. Englis is not my native tongue and I was a bit worried the process of converting my original lyrics in Chinese to English would introduce confusions into the connotation of the song.
© PG Music Forums