PG Music Home
REINVENTING BACH - My take on a classic.

Title: Reinventing Bach
Key=C , Tempo 190, Length (m:s)=2:49

Style is LHS44_1.STY*
Style MIDI Instruments are : Electric Piano #1 (5),
RealTracks in song: ~718:Bass, Acoustic, Samba Ev 190 (A:simple)
RealTracks in song: ~523:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 190
RealDrums: RealDrums in Song: SambaPerc^07
Soloist in song - 705 Flute Bossa Ev 140 (Bluesy)

In honour of J.S. Bach's birthday (March 21), I took this excerpt from his "Two Part Invention #1, Allegro" and gave it a little 'facelift' - Enjoy! cool

*This style is apparently only found within the 'Midi Fakebook' folder
Interesting.

That's quite a chord sheet.
hehehe, tell me about it! grin

It actually was all like that when I found it (in the Midi Fakebook folder), so I guess you could say this time around my actual reworking input was rather minimal, but there you go.
I'm considering doing another later on tonight that will have some more substantial changes of my own....
Bach is back. Well done. Rob
I'd say he never went anywhere, you just have to be looking in the right places wink

Appreciate the feedback as always cool
Very cool tune. Excellent backtrack.
Man my fingers and wrists were hurting just thinking about all the typing you did just entering all those chords! But it sure worked very well! Great job on this! Thanks, Torrey
Modesty prevents me from taking any credit for that chords work, those were already in place in the template I used (from Midi Fakebook folder, as provided by PG) for reworking the piece.
What did impress me, however, was how well the RT's I added were able to cope with that soup of chords, and at 190 bpm pace to boot!

This software still manages to surprise me smile
Really good exercise, using BIAB/RB to 'play' Bach! Loved your choice of RT 'players', esp the tambourine rhythm--fits perfectly...liked the stops alot.

I'm gonna have to look up that style--it's pretty interesting!

Thanks for sharing your work!
Loved this one. I must admit I also enjoy making melodies from chord templates. Good fun. Let's hear some more !
Well done smile And wow - what a complex chord sheet indeed! It sounds extremely cohesive despite this, though. And at 190 BPM - wow! It doesn't even sound like it is moving that fast, but I guess it is.

Good work here, and thanks for sharing smile
What an interesting take on Bach! You really have re-invented such a classic, and yet you can still tell what its original inspiration was. And look at that chord sheet go!

Awesome share.

Hey this is a lot of fun!

I love Bach man.

Great job.
Originally Posted By: furry
...Good fun. Let's hear some more !
It just so happens I am completing the finishing touches of another one, so - stay tuned cool
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Well done==And at 190 BPM - wow! It doesn't even sound like it is moving that fast, but I guess it is.===
Yes, those Samba RT's have something quite deceptive about them in terms of pace, you don't really register that as 190bpm... but it is wink
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
What an interesting take on Bach!
Thank you! blush
I really wasn't expecting this li'l showcase to gain this much attention this soon after submission - and I don't think my pieces ever got the feedback of two staff members, let alone this quick shocked
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
...I love Bach man.
Now, there's an unused superhero name with potential if I ever saw one - Bach-Man! grin

And yes, this was a lot of fun to make, so I'm glad people are having fun hearing it. Thanks for the feedback smile
I didn't expect the flute, but it fit nicely.

Now I'm going to have to start digging through the BiaB folders and see what other goodies I might have missed.
Thanks for that, partner!

The BBox folder is full of deeply buried treasures - Happy digging cool
Happy Birthday Mr. Bach!! A nice BIAB tribute Eddy! Thanks!! Take care. Greg
Thanks... oh, and I've given up trying to get you to stop calling me "Eddy" wink
© PG Music Forums