PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Springtime Waltz - 04/10/18 08:26 PM
Springtime Waltz

The snow is melting, the grass in turning green, and the flowers and trees are budding so spring is arriving. JonD and I tried to get that feeling in this song.

BiaB Style = Jazz Waltz at T=60 - Slow 3/4
I deleted the piano, drums, bass, and guitar. The string parts were slightly modified to better fit the song.
JonD is playing the EP via his keyboard controller.
I am playing the cello and chime parts via my keyboard and the lead French horn and choir parts via my wind controller.
The drums are from a MIDI drum loop.

We hope you like it.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Springtime Waltz - 04/10/18 11:36 PM
Mario & Jon,

You guys always do "that New Age thing" so well. This is some super relaxing music!!

Nicely performed. Nice Mix. A good listen.

fj
Posted By: dani48 Re: Springtime Waltz - 04/11/18 03:25 AM
Hi, Mario !

You really have it in
your veins !:))
This is precisely the
sound of spring !

Congrats to you
and JonD !

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: dcuny Re: Springtime Waltz - 04/11/18 03:46 AM
That was surreal! The disparity in the mix, with the horns so far back, the string up front, and the sharp drum make for interesting contrasts. It almost had a slow-motion dream feel to it.

Cool!
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Springtime Waltz - 04/11/18 05:19 AM
I could feel the warmth from the very first note.

Pleasant, relaxing and very, very easy to listen to.

The inclusion of the choir gives a really excellent further dimension.
Posted By: rsdean Re: Springtime Waltz - 04/11/18 06:30 AM
Loved it Mario - you have a special touch for this kind of music...

Bob
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Springtime Waltz - 04/11/18 07:37 AM
Very nice Mario and Jon!

You get a great sound from that wind controller! I like the cello and piano too.

BTW, Spring has been late in coming up this way, we got snow yesterday!
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Springtime Waltz - 04/11/18 10:15 AM
Really well done, Mario and Jon! The atmosphere this one sets in unreal. It sounds so mystic and ethereal. It definitely conjures imagery of forests and botany - for me at least. I love how it had that new age vibe happening, but it almost transcends that genre altogether by sounding more lush and complex.

Great work - thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Springtime Waltz - 04/11/18 06:40 PM
Hi Mario. This is mysterious and a touch haunting. Nicely done as always. Rob
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Springtime Waltz - 04/11/18 07:26 PM

This is really pretty Mario!

God am I glad spring is here!!

smile
Posted By: Scott C Re: Springtime Waltz - 04/11/18 08:07 PM
Love this style of music. Another awesome tune Mario. Very relaxing listen....
Posted By: Skyline Re: Springtime Waltz - 04/12/18 10:23 AM
Very evocative as usual Mario, especially when the choir parts come in. I felt Spring creeping up!
Here in the UK we've been promised that the jet stream is going to stop being such a stubborn swine and move itself, allowing some spring sunshine next week... crazy
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Springtime Waltz - 04/12/18 01:06 PM
Luckily the snow has been melted here for quite some time already! Our little city on the island doesn't see much of it. I think it snowed once or twice this year. Some years we don't get any in the city.

But back to this lovely song -- it has this very ethereal feel to it. It definitely reminds me of waking up after a long, long sleep. I think it's perfect for Spring!

Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Springtime Waltz - 04/12/18 01:16 PM
Mario,
Beautifully atmospheric and cinematic.
Goes down nicely with the spring morning here!

Robert
Posted By: Steve Young Re: Springtime Waltz - 04/12/18 09:20 PM
Mario,

Nice atmospheric sound. Down here, Spring means it might get up in the 90's!

This is a nice relaxing tune, really enjoyed it.

Steve
Posted By: MarioD Re: Springtime Waltz - 04/13/18 05:07 PM
Thanx all for listening and those very nice comments.

Dave on April 10th I woke up to snow covering the ground. The sun came out and melted it. When I went to bed it was snowing again. This weekend its freezing rain and possibly some snow!
Where the hell is spring?

Skyline we must be under the same stubborn jet stream!

Ember that sounds like a great place to live. Sometimes here we get under 110 inches (2.8 meters) of snow, but not very often.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Springtime Waltz - 04/13/18 06:18 PM
Wow Mario, that sounded like it was right out of a movie! I feel you hit the mark with the spring feel! Beautiful little things all throughout and such a wonderful overall sound in this! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Springtime Waltz - 04/15/18 01:27 PM
Like a gentle brook with flowers on the bank. Something we often see on our local hikes.

Lovely with a very nice arrangement that holds the mood.

Enjoyed it!

J&B
Posted By: kybordr Re: Springtime Waltz - 04/18/18 02:50 AM
Wow, you are like really, really good at this. A great instrumental piece!
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Springtime Waltz - 04/18/18 08:58 AM
Mario and JonD..would love to see your chord sheet for this...some really interesting changes and choices...I notice that consistently in your projects, I love that kind of free thinking. For this track, I liked everything about it, except that the clashing HiHat would be something I would soften, but that’s just me. Your work reminds me of a music laboratory, always experimenting, challenging conventional ideas about creating music—love it!
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Springtime Waltz - 04/18/18 12:24 PM
hi marioD i agree you captured spring on this peace nice i can relate i grew up in Vermont 3 miles from lake Champlain spring was great summer never lasted long cold fingers on the guitar anyway thanks for sharing eric
Posted By: cliftond Re: Springtime Waltz - 04/18/18 05:09 PM
Love the instrumental Mario, gives the spring feel, now am I have my truck door open and can smell the honeysuckles here in Alabama, this song is dead on!!!!!
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Springtime Waltz - 04/18/18 06:02 PM
Hi Mario, very evocative tune. I detect a little of Legrand on this one. Thanks for posting.

Mike B.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Springtime Waltz - 04/20/18 03:41 PM
I'll say it again...If I ever do a film, you're going to do my musical score!! You do such sweet, emotional instrumental tunes...Love it!!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: MarioD Re: Springtime Waltz - 04/21/18 10:17 PM
This is a little late I know but I want to thanx everyone for listening and the extremely kind comments.

{edit} - Tano Music you have a PM.
© PG Music Forums