PG Music Home
In the summer of 2016 I created this whole album using BB and RB for ALL the instrumentation. I did all the lead vocals and many of the back ground ones plus I had some vocal help from a friend on a couple of tracks.

Unfortunately I did NOT note what I used on any of the tracks as I was under a severe time crunch.

I had 6 weeks to put together this album before hitting the road going east to Nova Scotia...

I will try to go back and make a note of what was used and where as I know that is something that many users are interested in.

But in the meantime have a listen to this album and let me know what you think...

http://tonytrue.bandcamp.com/album/stand-by-thee-2

Thanks

Tony True

Tony,

This sounds great. Great job! By the way, I had a chance to meet one of the guys who wrote Three Wooden Crosses. You really did a super job with it.
Tony,

A really nice collection. All the songs are very well done.

I listened to "Three Wooden Crosses" and then parts of most of the others. The productions and mixes are all quite nice.

Your vocals are terrific. I'd be interested in your recording/processing chain for vocals - they are very much "in the pocket".

Impressive. Good luck with the record!

floyd
You done some excellent songs. Awesome vocals. Super album
That sounds great. Not only the music with the sentiment
WSS
Tony,

This sounds really great. Your vocals are outstanding, and the arrangements and mixes of the tracks I've listened to are excellent. You certainly know what you're doing in this arena!

All the best,
Noel
I'm excited to listen to this! For the time being, I listened to track that is suggested when you first open the link - Three Wooden Crosses. There's nothing like some nice, relaxing gospel. The vocals are on point, and I loved the addition of the harmonies in the background. It's perfectly catchy as well - exactly the kind of tune that is really easy to groove to and sing along with.

I'm stoked to listen to the rest! Thanks for sharing smile
Well done. Good luck with the CD release.

Regards,

Bob
Nice job all around.
What a great album. Wishing you great success with it.

"Unfortunately I did NOT note what I used on any of the tracks as I was under a severe time crunch."

You obviously do not need help with mixing, your work is excellent. But I will share a tip with you (and others) of a 'how to book' by Fett titled "Fett's Mixing Roadmap" published in 2013.

Fett outlines and explains his 7 steps to mixing music in the studio. He refers to them as phases.

Phase One is step by step instructions to his Environment Setup.

It is his data organization, drive and folder structure on his computer. It's how,why and where he saves his projects. I've never seen a better template for archiving recording material and in my opinion, that chapter alone is worth the modest cost of his book.

I recommend the book and think you and others will find his method of data organization and storage very beneficial in your future projects.

I found the whole book to be informative and contains a lot of useful instructions and techniques. The book is directed toward the home and project studio owner, so many here on the forum may benefit from it.

I have no affiliation or involvement with Fett or his business. I simply find his book to be useful to people who enjoy and utilize home studios. His data organization is a good example and came to mind as I read the posters comments.
Sampled through this a bit. Cool stuff!! You're a very good singer. Nice job! Take care. Greg
Thank you all for the wonderful comments back, I'm really taken aback by the positive feedback.

I'll try to get to add those track IDs asap...

Thanks again.
© PG Music Forums