PG Music Home
Posted By: SpaceDog We'll Remember You - 05/04/18 11:01 PM
Dear Forum Friends

Good to hear your recent music. I hope everyone is well and doing fine.

I've been busy the last few weeks working on a new song called "We'll Remember You." We wrote the song to honor my mother who passed away last summer. It's not your typical tribute tune.

Being a proud Greek-American, my mother brought her distinct culture to our home. She also loved to dance, so I wrote music she could dance to and arranged it with Greek mandolins and bouzoukis.

We hope you like it.

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13723090

As usual, I'll post the BIAB technicals and SoundCloud link in a few days for PGM.

SpaceDog
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: We'll Remember You - 05/05/18 02:18 AM
Good work Space Dog. Rob
Posted By: Scott C Re: We'll Remember You - 05/05/18 10:52 PM
Super backtrack. Song has a familiar feel to. Like an old rock tune... Loved it. Super vocal. Maybe an "Under the Boardwalk" vibe.
Posted By: animarorecords Re: We'll Remember You - 05/06/18 02:13 AM
Hello, SpaceDog

Great tribute!
Love bouzoukis.
It reminds me of Zorba The Greek - Sirtaki.
Greek dance comes to my eyes.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: rsdean Re: We'll Remember You - 05/06/18 08:59 AM
SpaceDog,

Great tribute - wonderful and uplifting.

Bob
Posted By: Skyline Re: We'll Remember You - 05/06/18 11:19 AM
A very fitting tribute SpaceDog, and a permanent keepsake of your Mum.
The bouzouki is a favourite instrument of mine; I bought one a while back in Crete.

John
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: We'll Remember You - 05/06/18 11:19 AM
Wonderful and what a cool idea to use those most appropriate RTs!

May she RIP and dance along to this.

Superb!

J&B
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: We'll Remember You - 05/06/18 12:55 PM
Rob. Thanks. Glad you liked it.

Scott. "Under the Boardwalk" had a similar bass line and rhythm. The Tango or Beguine rhythm was an integral part of the concept for this song.

Shigeki. Thanks. I listened to a lot of Greek music growing up and then studied a few iconic Greek songs while I was working on this. I'm glad I got the sound close.

Bob. Thanks for listening and taking time to comment. I like your new photo icon.

John. I'm so pleased you liked the song. The bouzouki solo is actually three midi tracks with nylon guitar and steel guitar. I tried to mimic the midi style from BIAB. I also searched online for bouzouki synths but couldn't find anything for free.

J&B. Thanks, I'm sure she would have liked it. I found two mandolin RTs that seemed to fit the style alright. Ironically, she hated playing the mandolin. Like the lyric says, she just wanted dance the Greek folk dances.

I also a bouzouki RT but it didn't make the final mix.

Thanks everyone.

SD
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: We'll Remember You - 05/06/18 12:58 PM
Posted By: Robertkc Re: We'll Remember You - 05/06/18 02:23 PM
I liked the personal details in the lyrics and the warm feeling of your vocals.
The bouzouki solo was a cool surprise.
A fine tribute toyour mom.

Robert
Posted By: Sergio Guarneri Re: We'll Remember You - 05/07/18 06:54 PM

Very nice sound. I can really feel in it the Greek sound so you've reached your goalie.
Very well done.

Sergio
Posted By: PeterF Re: We'll Remember You - 05/07/18 07:52 PM

Very nice tribute, and lyric with a lovely backing track.

Peter
Posted By: David Snyder Re: We'll Remember You - 05/08/18 11:09 AM

What a wonderful tribute space dog.

I love Greece. I lived in Spetses for a while. It was a blast. Beautiful--and always a soap opera.

I liked the part where the feuding families in town show up to a restaurant on Saturdays, throw plates at one another, break the furniture, punch one another, then start hugging and crying and saying they really love another, all the while the Romeo and Juliet lovers from across the families are yelling and screaming.

It's like West Side Story.

I love Greece man. Good times!!!

smile

Put me in coach!!
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: We'll Remember You - 05/08/18 10:23 PM
Forum Friends,

Sorry to jump back to page one but I owed you the Soundcloud link:

https://soundcloud.com/dcspacedog/well-remember-you

and BIAB info:

Style is L~BEGUIN.STY (Latin Beguine w/ Brushes)
Style MIDI Instruments are : Acoustic String Bass (33), Replace with recorded bass line

Acoustic Piano (1), Nylon String Guitar (25), Slow Strings (50),
MIDI Drums :41 Brushes Kit (41)

RealDrums will be substituted :Rumba^5-a,b:Sidestick, HiHat

Added RTs:
1449: Guitar acoustic, Rhythm
1262: Piano Acoustic Rhythm
1110: Mandolin Rhythm
616: Mandolin Rhythm

Hybrid Bouzouki synth created with Coyote wavetable :
25 Acoustic Guitar Nylon
26 Acoustic Guitar Steel Octaves high and low
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: We'll Remember You - 05/08/18 10:35 PM
Robert, Thanks. The lyrics are all true. I hope they resonate with the listeners.

Sergio, Glad you liked it. The two cultures merged as one in our family were Greek and Italian. There was a lot of great music and food on Sunday.

Peter, Thanks for listening and commenting

David, Sounds wild. It must have been so much fun. Greeks live large and load. Those bouzoukis and mandolins really get my olive oil flowing. OPA!
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: We'll Remember You - 05/09/18 12:07 PM
This is a beautiful tribute, and a beautiful song smile Definitely unique for a song like this. It was a breathe of fresh air hearing the upbeat mood and positivity in the music despite the topic. It really shows the celebration of her life, and the appreciation of the memories made with her. She sounds like she meant a lot to you and others around her smile

Very well done - thanks for sharing this one!
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: We'll Remember You - 05/10/18 08:19 PM
SpaceDog,

Great job on this! Your mix sounds very nice! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: We'll Remember You - 05/11/18 08:29 AM
Deryk. Thanks, she was very special and very much loved.

Torrey. Thanks for listening and commenting.

SD
Posted By: tommyad Re: We'll Remember You - 05/11/18 08:57 AM
SD, Glad you reposted this. I was sure I commented but I must have been called away. A very nice tribute and remembrance. Fine mix and choice of instruments. I enjoyed my listen, Tom
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: We'll Remember You - 05/11/18 02:59 PM
Nice tribute....more of a "We'll remember the good times" versus a song of mourning. I'm sure she'd love it!! Instrumentation is great. Sorry for your loss...my mother is approaching the end and it is very hard to see her degenerate. Enjoyed this! Take care. Greg
Posted By: RnAM Re: We'll Remember You - 05/12/18 10:03 PM
A wonderful and nostalgic tribute to your mother!
I love the instrumental solo.

Rob
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: We'll Remember You - 05/13/18 08:30 PM
Tommy. Thanks for listening. I've been working on my mixing nd production skills. Thanks for noticing

Greg. As best I can, I try to focus on the positive. With surety in faith that death is not the end, I always think about the good times that we shared. Best wishes and prayers for your Mom.
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: We'll Remember You - 05/13/18 08:32 PM
Rob and Anne Marie. Thanks. I'm glad you liked it. I like your rotating artist pictures.

Happy Mother's day to all the Mom's out there!

SD
© PG Music Forums