PG Music Home
Posted By: CeeDee My winter song - 05/12/18 03:20 PM
Hi guys,

Like Eddie Icelander, I was inspired by the wintery weather in the UK a while back to come up with a song: 'Snow, Wind & Rain'.

Hope you all like it!

https://www.reverbnation.com/chrisdavies/song/29524033-snow-wind--rain

Chris

Style is _ECLIPSE.STY (Eclipse Slow Fingerstyle Pop)

Soloist is saved with the song : Nyl.Guitar CountryBrent Ev85 (2200)

RealTracks in style: 1190:Bass, Electric, ModernRnBRock Ev 065
RealTracks in style: 1676:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking CountryBrent Ev 065
RealTracks in style: 1595:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Pop8thsSteady Ev 065
RealTracks in style: 1539:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopBelieveHeldDry Ev16 065
RealTracks in song: 2667:Pedal Steel, Background DreamySingleNote Ev 075
RealDrums in style: RnBModernEv16^04-a:HiHat, Tambourine , b:Kick, LightHiHat

There is a 'Vulf' compressor over the whole mix
Posted By: rsdean Re: My winter song - 05/12/18 07:44 PM
Chris,

This is a beautiful piece... Good vocal and mix as well.

Bob
Posted By: RnAM Re: My winter song - 05/12/18 08:50 PM
Nice work Chris!

Rob
Posted By: Scott C Re: My winter song - 05/12/18 11:31 PM
Very pretty song Chris. We are coming out of a long winter is well. Lovely vocal and backtrack. Well done...
Posted By: jannesan Re: My winter song - 05/14/18 12:08 PM
This one surely has chilly mood, you have created nice wintery atmosphere with those guitars. Very relaxing to listen.

Janne
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: My winter song - 05/14/18 07:41 PM
Chris,

This is really nice! Puts one in a contemplative and reflective mood! Loved the intro and having the drums wait until the 1:00 mark was a great choice! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Tano Music Re: My winter song - 05/15/18 05:08 PM
Hi Chris...I really enjoyed listening to your work. I especially liked how your lyric lines started with a long single note; and the analogy between the weather and being 'frozen' in life is really 'cool'! I thought that, in some places, you could take down the volume of individual parts a bit, but maybe that is the sound you are wanting. Your vocal is very nice. Overall, the track is beautiful, and I want to hear more of your work!
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: My winter song - 05/16/18 11:15 AM
Wow - this is a great tune; very haunting and atmospheric. It brings to mind imagery of fog and a damp, chilly oceanside harbour. Not to mention, your vocals are seriously on point here. The whole tune is soaked in this strange misty mood - it is quite impressive.

You should be proud of this one - thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: My winter song - 05/16/18 05:18 PM
I really enjoyed this song. It was very soothing, but also a little sad sounding. I think it is perfect for the inspiration of the song.

Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: rayc Re: My winter song - 05/17/18 08:41 AM
The mix, particularly the introduction of instruments, is really excellent. The rotating vocal is a bit at odds with the rest but you've managed the levels with it really well.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: My winter song - 05/18/18 01:42 PM
Really beautiful! Really trippy! This is mesmerizing. I love the whole vibe...will have to play with that RT style myself. Really, really cool!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: CeeDee Re: My winter song - 12/01/18 08:33 PM
Hi Guys,

Once again I must apologise for apparently ignoring all your lovely comments.
I don't know why but I'm still not getting notified when you post. I should make more of a habit of checking back when I post something as now I know that, unlike many other forums, BIAB people seem to be actually interested.

All the best and Happy Christmas! (It always is with the annual update anyway!)

Chris
Posted By: CeeDee Re: My winter song - 12/01/18 08:40 PM
You may not believe this Ray, but I didn't intend or notice that. I could hear phasing which seemed to suit the song but maybe tonight is the first time I listened to it with headphones. How professional!

CD
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: My winter song - 12/03/18 05:54 PM
Chris, very nice write.
Haunting in a very good way smile
Thank you for posting!

Misha.
Posted By: Marty Sorensen Re: My winter song - 12/03/18 09:04 PM
I really enjoyed the swaying voice, made for more intensity.
Posted By: Al-David Re: My winter song - 12/03/18 09:59 PM
Hi Chris,

This is really gorgeous. At first I wasn't sure about the phasing of the vocal but it soon became apparent it was a good choice - particularly given the ethereal mood of the tracks.

Loved the build, particularly the drums. Your vocal is superb and the backing tracks melt into a composite of beautiful intrigue. This is a kick-back, close your eyes, sip your favorite refreshment and then bathe in the beauty of the song experience. Hope you post more often.

And yes, we are an active community of musical people who are supportive with kind words and sometimes a word or two that might give you something new to think about. But, we are always respectful. Wishing you the very best. Merry Christmas,

Alan
© PG Music Forums