PG Music Home
Posted By: eddie1261 Good Things Come - 06/04/18 04:09 PM
I wrote this song maybe 5-6 years ago and sent it over to the Englishters! Rog and his crew worked it up as a Beach Boy kind of surf tune, which I loved. It never went up as the original rocker tune as it was written, so I revived it this week.

This is yet another "You dumped me and now I hate you" song. It was a reminder that you can't force a relationship to work, but that good things come to those who wait. I did not intend to quote the condensed meaning of Psalms 40:30, but I had heard that passage all my life, far before Heinz Ketchup and Guinness started using it as their slogan. And trust me, that girl reminded me that I should wait for good things....

Good Things Come

Song File Name: Good Things Come
Tempo: 124.00
Key: G
Time Sig: 4/4
Track 1 - RealDrums-RockHardEven8^1-HiHat,Ride
Track 2 - RealBass 684 Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesSync Ev 120
Track 3 - RealGuitar 524 Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 165
Track 4 - RT631 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopAmericanDirty Ev 120
Track 5 - RT1530 Guitar, Electric, Soloist PopPower Ev 120
Track 6 - vocal
Track 7 - BGV using RT2976 OohsAahs

Again, mastering credits by Mr. Rog!!
Posted By: ROG Re: Good Things Come - 06/04/18 07:00 PM
Yeah, that wasn't the easiest thing to master because the track had compression and reverb
printed onto it when I got it, but as Eddie pointed out, the track was mostly recorded
several years ago, so not a lot we could do about that.

If anyone doesn't remember what WE did to Eddies song three years ago and is interested to hear it,
you can pick it up here -

Good Things Come

Many thanks to Eddie for letting us mess about with it.

Cheers, ROG.
Posted By: rayc Re: Good Things Come - 06/05/18 09:31 AM
Working with printed on reverb is hard yakka but
a)cool song eddie &
b) a hard task well done Rog.
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Good Things Come - 06/05/18 09:42 AM
Eddie.. I liked pretty much everything about this!! I thought the overall production is really solid, everything hung together really well. I specially liked the lyrics that you used, a lot of the rhyming sequences are very clever. My only suggestion— the solo guitar seemed a little too powerful for the style, and I would suggest substituting a flatter sound, but that’s just how I’m hearing it. Very enjoyable listen, thanks for posting!!
Posted By: cliftond Re: Good Things Come - 06/05/18 11:08 AM
Excellent job guys, good solid rock song. Lyrics run well no choppiness. good vocal Eddie!!!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Good Things Come - 06/05/18 11:57 AM
I had a listen to both versions. I liked them both, but liked the original version better. I think because the key is different and you are singing it higher?

But yeah, good song. Some very clever rhymes!
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Good Things Come - 06/05/18 04:40 PM
Thanks for sharing this with us Eddie! This definitely has attitude behind it. Also a good reminder that good things do come to those who wait (and work their butt off!) - Well done!
Posted By: Scott C Re: Good Things Come - 06/06/18 12:32 PM
Super intro. Excellent vocal and backtrack
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Good Things Come - 06/10/18 10:32 AM
Just bumping my song back to the top of the page, since that's what we do here.....

See how annoying this can be? About as annoying as I can be!!
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Good Things Come - 06/21/18 01:19 PM
I really loved the guitar and drums in this one! Great job. smile
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Good Things Come - 07/02/18 02:04 PM
Good song!! Catchy! I like the message...not new but hopefully true. Solo works very well. Enjoyed it. Take care. Greg
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Good Things Come - 07/05/18 10:18 AM
I know you aren't around - but you did a great job here Eddie smile Just got around to listening now, and you did really nice work here. The harmonies in the background added a wonderful element to it too, and the chorus is strong and just the right level of catchy. I also love how it picks up with the guitars.

You should be proud of this one - thanks for sharing!
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: Good Things Come - 07/05/18 07:48 PM
I am starting to have such a hard time figuring out which are RT's and which are used performed tracks when they are put together so well like this. Nice job Eddie. Good rocker; and nice use of the backing vox.
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Good Things Come - 07/05/18 09:48 PM
I enjoyed this. Thanks for listing. Rob
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Good Things Come - 07/06/18 12:14 AM
Eddie and ROG,

I enjoyed the listen. I also had a listen to the previous version from 3 years ago. I liked both... they're really well put together.

You've definitely got a way with word, Eddie. I found your lyrics very engaging.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: dcuny Re: Good Things Come - 07/06/18 03:39 AM
Bumpity bump bump bump.

Yep, that's the way we roll! smile

But shouldn't the title be Good Things Come To Those Who Stop Waiting For People Who Will Never Change To Change Because They Won't Ever Change? wink

I enjoyed the song, thanks to you and ROG!
Posted By: dani48 Re: Good Things Come - 07/07/18 12:23 PM
Hi, Eddie & ROG !

Wonderful tune and so
beautifully performed
played and mixed !

You know that I love
BB:ish music and this
is absolutely top notch
without being the BB:s !!

Superb collab - I cannot
but congratulate both of you
for this splendid job !

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: sslechta Re: Good Things Come - 10/18/18 11:23 AM
Nice tune Eddie. I got kind of a Randy Newman vibe off your vocal style and loved the guitar solo sound you used in the song as well. Great job!
Posted By: gruverider Re: Good Things Come - 10/18/18 07:39 PM
Great hook in the Intro.

Really like the ooo's!

Big fan of the tone on your eclectic guitar lead

much enjoyed!
© PG Music Forums