PG Music Home
Back again!

I discovered some new toys (virtual instruments) in my DAW and decided to play around with them to see what they held.
Here they are:

The blending of several Virtual Instruments conducted during a study.
Virtual Instruments used:

Plogue Sforzando; Violins
Air Music: Xpand!2; Brass
Mini-Grand Piano
Output: Analog Strings

If you are curious, take a listen, you'll never know...

Thanks,
Dave

https://soundcloud.com/davebrooksmusicfactory/vi-sonata-instrumental
Dave, I loved this..the sound textures were so rich and the movement dreamy. I do have to say that I would rather that you separate these two...one purely strings, the other with piano--for my ears, the introduction of the piano portion was a bit jarring (meaning that I was totally in the strings world you created, and the piano clearly sounded like something different). Both are wonderful. I am so impressed at the ability to architect the strings portion over a long period of time--it didn't seem to have repeats or predictability, so how do you keep that much musical concept in mind over the whole piece?? Thanks for doing this and posting it, it was enriching for me as I absorbed your ideas.
Hi Dave Brooks, Very intriguing progression and a wonderful instrumental piece! Love the transitions and instrumentation you used. Well done!
Hi TM!

Thanks for your input. I was not making a song, I was just trying out a combination of sounds to get an idea for future creations. But, I do have some interesting things in mind to bring forth in the near future.

I've found that it's good to listen to the way others play these instruments to help get a better picture of how they should sound!

Thanks again,
Dave
Hi Joe!

Thanks for your comments! I'm still learning these V.I. I love the richness and depth of their sounds. I can't wait to get serious and put something together for real!

What I really love about these instruments, Plogue Sforzando (IMMHO) seems to have some of the best sounding textures I've ever heard. Like I said, can't wait to dig in!!!

Thanks again,
Dave
* So how do you keep that much musical concept in mind over the whole piece??

Good question!

I grew up on classical music, mainly orchestral strings. I've always loved the feel of orchestral violins, cellos, violas, etc. When I hear a creation in my head, all I have to do is sit back and not fight it...just let it do it's own thing. Funny, it always turns out better when I do it this way; I just try to keep up!!! =D

Trying not to sound crazy,
Dave
Hi TM,

I thought you might have interest in my new version of V.I.S. Previously you mentioned a separation of instruments. I'm about to start work on a dedicated piece that should highlite the best of the V.I. involved...

Thanks again for your input,
Dave

https://soundcloud.com/davebrooksmusicfactory/vi-sonata-instrumental
Posted By: furry Re: NEW SONG: "V.I. SONATA (Instrumental)" - 06/16/18 01:45 PM
Dave this is fantastic, I'm looking forward to hearing more of the same from you. Keep playing around !!
Hi Furry,

I'll be posting soon!!!

All the best,
Dave
Posted By: Scott C Re: NEW SONG: "V.I. SONATA (Instrumental)" - 06/16/18 11:15 PM
Very pretty
Very nice and relaxing sounds Dave! Good job putting this together! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Noel96 Re: NEW SONG: "V.I. SONATA (Instrumental)" - 06/17/18 05:37 AM
Hello again, Dave!

I have to say that that was quite a listening experience! It sounds like your new toys are definitely well worth experimenting with. If this is just 'starting out', I can only imagine what you'd be able to create when you gain an expert's understanding of them.

Thank you for sharing your creation. I enjoyed the images and feelings that your music evoked.

All the best,
Noel

Hello Mr. Scott!

So nice to hear from you again!!!

All the best,
Dave
Hi Mr. "B"

Thanks for your input! This was a bit like making a stew... a little of this...a little of that, just to get an idea of the potential!

There are hundreds of instruments and styles for me to examine. It's going to take me awhile to sort them out, but I hope to have something more presentable in the near future.

All the best,
Dave
Hey Noel!

Nice to hear from you again! So, to begin with, BIAB gives me this "Plogue Sforzando" virtual instruments plugin, that I had no concept of what it was all about, until one day I got involved and discovered that this thing was a gold mine needing to be explored! I couldn't believe the treasure trove of sounds this thing offered. If I could put this sample together with hardly any experience, the world is in big trouble when I find out what I'm doing!!! =D

Thanks again for the listen!

All the best,
Dave
Posted By: rsdean Re: NEW SONG: "V.I. SONATA (Instrumental)" - 06/21/18 07:48 PM
Dave,

This is exceptionally beautiful... I really love the texture and flow.

Bob
© PG Music Forums