PG Music Home
Posted By: Torrey Bliss ALL - 06/06/18 10:36 PM
[Link no longer valid]
Sorry folks I had to be absent for a bit. I will try to catch up on a lot of the new music that has been posted in the coming days. As a Worship Leader I try to come up with original material every now and then and this is one of those songs. I only used the B3 organ from the program in this one but it certainly helped. This is a song that proclaims that I want to give my all to the one who made everything possible for me! I hope someone enjoys it! Thanks, Torrey

BIAB
Organ - 686 B3 Background Pop

Me
Vocals
Guitars - Lead and Rhythm
Synths

Third Party
Various loops - Drums Piano Guitar
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: ALL - 06/07/18 08:12 AM
Hi Torrey,

You had me hooked right from that super cool intro!

Great sounding track, love the guitars!

Drums sounds good too, you are using loops for that?

Good job on the vocals and harmonies also.

Nice, enjoyed the listen!

(P.S. something not quite right with soundcloud at the moment, I can listen to your song but can't login and leave a comment over there as I would normally do)
Posted By: cliftond Re: ALL - 06/07/18 09:43 AM
Beautiful worship song Torey, has all the right ingredients and fills with the spirit. CLiff
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: ALL - 06/07/18 10:30 AM
Really well done, Torrey smile This is captivating right from the first few measures. You did a wicked vocal performance here, and the backing tracks are perfectly suited. The mixing job is superb as well. On top of it all, that chorus is insanely catchy!

Not a thing I'd change here - thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: rayc Re: ALL - 06/07/18 10:42 AM
Torrey,
it works as a song, performance and recording just listening to the sounds your voice makes.
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: ALL - 06/07/18 11:31 AM
That intro was so cool! Very impactful and ... ear catching? grin Can't exactly say eye-catching, haha! Everything about this song just works. The vocals, the backing tracks, the pacing of it. All wonderful.

Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: jannesan Re: ALL - 06/07/18 12:24 PM
What a great rocker! Very nice combination of 80's brit rock (U2, Joy Division) and gospel, and it really works. Great vocals and mix, I was hoping that all of this was created with BIAB instruments, but I have to accept that I can't copy your sound smile

Janne
Posted By: Tano Music Re: ALL - 06/07/18 02:54 PM
Perfect for the style and genre..and an excellent production! Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: dani48 Re: ALL - 06/07/18 05:14 PM
Hi, Torrey !

What a superb tune
as all your tunes
have been - at least
them I´ve listened to
so far !!!

Wonderful !

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: ALL - 06/07/18 08:10 PM
Great song Torrey. Well produced and performed. Rob
Posted By: Al-David Re: ALL - 06/07/18 09:24 PM
Hi Torrey,

Great song and messager! Loved everything about it. Your productions are always so professional. Enjoyed this a lot - great piece of music!

Alan
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: ALL - 06/07/18 10:08 PM
Thanks so much Dave! I always respect and appreciate your comments! The drums are loops. The reason I used these was that I couldn't find that little skip beat going on in the verses within the BIAB program (It may be there somewhere but haven't found it yet). I also used some piano loops and some guitar loops in places. Thanks, T
Posted By: Robertkc Re: ALL - 06/07/18 10:11 PM
Torrey,

Great driving guitar sound you`ve created with a passionate vocal and a catchy melody.
Listening to your music is a lesson in well crafted pop songwriting.
Do you share your inspirational songs with your congregation? Are you using BiaB backing tracks in that setting?

Robert
Posted By: animarorecords Re: ALL - 06/08/18 03:39 AM
Hello, Torrey

Super Rock tune!
I agree with Robert.
Great driving guitar sound you`ve created with a passionate vocal and a catchy melody.
Listening to your music is a lesson in well crafted pop songwriting.
The guitar obligato in this tune is really excellent.
You can play all the instruments and sing it in a wonderful voice.
I am very envious.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: ALL - 06/08/18 07:12 AM
Thanks Cliff! Your support is always appreciated by me! T
Posted By: rsdean Re: ALL - 06/08/18 07:20 AM
Torrey,

This is really excellent - outstanding arrangement and vocal.

Great mix as well...

Bob
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: ALL - 06/08/18 08:44 PM
Thanks Deryk for taking time to listen and comment! I really appreciate it! T
Posted By: Scott C Re: ALL - 06/08/18 10:15 PM
I am with Dave on this one. What a cool intro. Just an awesome track Torrey. Super vocal and lyric. Guitar was so good. Well done ....
Posted By: dcuny Re: ALL - 06/09/18 04:57 AM
Catchy!

Everything else is good, too. Good vocals, interesting arrangement, fun listen.

Well done! smile
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: ALL - 06/09/18 07:21 AM
Thanks rayc for taking time to listen and comment! I appreciate it! T
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: ALL - 06/09/18 12:44 PM
hi torry awesome work here and messaged vocals guitars, arrangement, mix, sits, perfect lots of good details in the whole song well done sir thanks eric
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: ALL - 06/09/18 08:17 PM
Thanks Ember for your comments! I appreciate it! T
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: ALL - 06/09/18 10:22 PM
And the bumper is back at it!!!
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: ALL - 06/09/18 11:15 PM
Hi Eddie, I would like to take this opportunity to publicly respond to your post about me and or my song, which by the way I kind of doubt that you listened to! I have spent a considerable amount of time working on this and I would prefer to have it visible for more than a day or 2. Apparently you would like to see my or anyone else's material fade away soon! I usually get several comments on any song I put up and I am grateful for those! I feel I should respond to each one instead of lumping them all together as you evidently would like for us to do. I am not a confrontational person but I have decided I will not let negative people like you try to tell me to hide my work! This is a great place where we can share our material and I have no problem seeing other people do the same thing I have! I have taken time in the past to comment on your work and be encouraging about it. I certainly never looked down on you for responding to those or anyone else's comments! I don't know you but it would appear you have some real issues being a supportive type person and I feel sorry for you. If your way of thinking about this subject is the general consensus of all the forum members then I will withdraw from this community and not be heard from again. But somehow I doubt this! I only wish you could see how your actions are making this an unpleasant place for many of the people here. Torrey

PS, I will continue to thank each one of the people who commented on my song in turn. Thank you!!
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: ALL - 06/10/18 12:06 AM
I too will respond in public. YOUR actions are selfish and greedy and make it uncomfortable for ME, and trust me, I care far more about me. You DO NOT own this forum. You are not special. You DO NOT have any kind of elite status here. Nobody does. Your songs should rotate like everyone else's. I don't know if your ego is that huge or you are so insecure that you need to beg people to pat you on the back and tell you how wonderful you are, but I will rail against this attempt to monopolize the songwriter showcase forever. If your song rolls off, it rolls off. That's how it works. I don't give a furry rodent's behind how much time you spend on your songs. Everybody does the exact same thing. Maybe you should look into that bible you thump and see what it says about being greedy and inconsiderate to others for your own personal gain. (Perhaps Proverbs 28:25 to start.) You go ahead and keep bumping your songs every 20 minutes. I will keep lambasting you for doing it. Or maybe I will just sit on the songwriter showcase and bump my own song 20 times JUST to move yours off the top page. I have nothing else to do. I could not possibly care less if your feelings get hurt or not. Monopolizing this forum is wrong. If the rest of the users don't think so, or prefer to not speak out like I do, that is their choice. You really want to go to war with me? Bring it.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: ALL - 06/10/18 12:51 AM
No dog in this fight but also no dog collar on me, meaning I think and speak for myself.

Torry I love your work. I love the themes of the songs you write and post. You are one of my favorite vocalists here on the forum and I always look forward to your posts because I'm getting enjoyment from the music and many times blessings from the lyrics.

I actually think of you as one of the elite posters here on the forum. Your work in writing, production and performance is stellar.

Torry, I want to be the first "to pat you on the back and tell you how wonderful you are" and you have my complete support and encouragement to continue to use our User Showcase for it's written intended purpose. If that's cause for eddie to go off the rails - that's ok too.
Posted By: DeaconBlues09 Re: ALL - 06/10/18 06:15 AM
Hey Torrey,

First of all I want to say that I'm really glad I saw this post because I just popped in to the User Showcase for the first time in over a week (my eldest's Bar Mitzvah was this weekend and I've had a lot on my plate work-wise! crazy ). As I almost never go past the first page of the showcase forum, I would have totally have missed this excellent track if you had not taken the courtesy to respond individually to each person commenting on your track.

I think this is a top track (and I don't throw out empty platitudes--in fact if you check my post history, I've probably commented less than a half dozen times since signing up to the forums a couple of years ago). I love the sweepy synth bed, the lovely U2-esque shimmering guitar parts, the precise gain levels, and most of all that glorious grindy punchy bass! The track itself is melodic, catchy, and very well mixed.

Well done my friend, and keep up the good work!
Posted By: 90 dB Re: ALL - 06/10/18 12:16 PM
This is a masterful recording. Please continue to bother me with these wonderful songs! grin

I could hear this on the radio.

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: MarioD Re: ALL - 06/10/18 06:26 PM
I am late to the party and a lot of what I wanted to say has already been said so all that I can add is that I like this a lot. Great vocal, guitar and backing tracks.
Posted By: PeterF Re: ALL - 06/11/18 12:16 AM
Torrey,

Excellent professional work, great stuff - keep 'em coming.
Sending it back to the top.

Peter
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: ALL - 06/11/18 05:48 AM
Thanks Janne! Your comments mean a lot to me! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: ALL - 06/11/18 05:49 AM
Thanks Tano Music for taking the time to listen and comment! I appreciate it ! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: ALL - 06/11/18 05:50 AM
Thanks Dani! I appreciate it! I always enjoy your music! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: ALL - 06/11/18 05:51 AM
Thanks Rob for your comments! I appreciate it! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: ALL - 06/11/18 05:52 AM
Thanks Alan for your support! I’ll good to hear from you again! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: ALL - 06/11/18 05:54 AM
Thanks Robert! Yes I sometimes do share these compositions in that setting and also use these backing tracks. T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: ALL - 06/11/18 05:55 AM
Thanks Shigeki for your comments! I think your work is awesome! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: ALL - 06/11/18 05:56 AM
Thanks so much Bob! I always appreciate your comments! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: ALL - 06/11/18 05:57 AM
Thanks Scott for your comments! I appreciate it! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: ALL - 06/11/18 05:57 AM
Thanks David! I appreciate it! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: ALL - 06/11/18 05:58 AM
Thanks Eric for your comments! I appreciate it! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: ALL - 06/11/18 06:01 AM
Thanks Charlie for your support! It means a lot to me! As for Eddie, frankly I don’t care what he thinks!! Anyone who is that worried about someone commenting on a post has some serious issues they need to work out! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: ALL - 06/11/18 06:03 AM
Thanks DeaconBlues09, I can’t tell you how much your supportive comments mean to me! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: ALL - 06/11/18 06:04 AM
Thanks Bob! I appreciate it more than you know! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: ALL - 06/11/18 06:05 AM
Thanks Mario! I always appreciate your comments! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: ALL - 06/11/18 06:05 AM
Thanks Peter for taking the time to listen and comment! I appreciate it! T
Posted By: floyd jane Re: ALL - 06/11/18 07:51 PM
Torrey,

This is OUTSTANDING.

Excellent song. SUPER production. Stellar mix. Powerful vocal.

Might be your best ever.

Keep 'em coming. On and on and on.

fj
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: ALL - 06/16/18 11:00 AM
Floyd, I want to you thank you for your comments! I appreciate the fact that you take the time to really listen to these songs and give your insight to what works in them!! Hopefully the post bumping police here will let this reply slide by without condemnation! Thanks T
Posted By: Sundance Re: ALL - 06/16/18 10:04 PM
Great P&W song Torrey! I love it. You continue to amaze me with your talent. Everything about this is top notch.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: ALL - 06/19/18 05:24 PM
Excellent Praise and Worship song. Engaging from the first few bars.

Everything about the track is in the pocket for us. The vocals and guitars are, as always, stand out.

Nice pop on the drums....simply another all around good mix from you. HUGE sound!

We listened last week and are a bit late commenting on the forum...but, hey, it was fun to listen some more!

J&B
Posted By: beatmaster Re: ALL - 06/19/18 05:45 PM
Praise and Worship songs are not my thing, although I did enjoy this you might have just converted me.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: ALL - 06/24/18 07:21 AM
Thanks for checking out this song Josie! I always appreciate your comments! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: ALL - 06/24/18 07:23 AM
Thanks J&B for the kind words! I.also really like the sound of those drum loops used on this! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: ALL - 06/24/18 07:26 AM
Thanks beatmaster for the listen and comments! It is always appreciated! T
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: ALL - 07/02/18 03:33 PM
Truly excellent Torrey!! Just a great listen all the way around. Great playing, writing, arrangement, and vocals. Always love to hear your stuff!! Take care. Greg
© PG Music Forums