PG Music Home
Posted By: Samuel Davis Beer Break - 06/09/18 02:50 AM
Beer Break

I just released this song as a single. It is a collaboration with a lyricist I've worked with before. I had the basic Idea for the song floating around my head for a couple years but never got around to actually writing it. When I told him about it he gave me these great lyrics to work with. Hope you enjoy.

Real Tracks:
684:Bass, Electric, Pop Half Notes Sync
1726:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Honky Tonk John
848:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Country Rock Riff
405:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming
1515:Guitar, Electric, Soloist Country Brent
Real Drums=Nashville Even 8

Lyrics:
I'm clocking 40 hours
But it's not enough
The mortgage is due
And the bills are piling up
The boss is on my [*****]
And he needs me to stay
But I'm gonna lose my cool
If I don't get away
That's it...time out...I need a Beer Break

I need some, down time
I need to, get away
I need to hook up the boat
And take her to the lake
I don't need a doctor
I do t need a friend
I will be ok
Once I'm a six-pack in
And if I have six more
That's all it should take
I don't need your help
I need a, beer break

The old lady's naggin'
About her honey-Do list
The yard need mowed
And the neighbors are pissed
The dog ran away
And my truck needs breaks
Man how much more
Am I supposed to take
That's it...time out...I need a Beer Break

I need some, down time
I need to, get away
I need to hook up the boat
And take her to the lake
I don't need a doctor
I do t need a friend
I will be ok
Once I'm a six-pack in
And if I have six more
That's all it should take
I don't need your help
I need a, beer break

Hey pass me a cold one.
Posted By: Kajun Jeaux Re: Beer Break - 06/09/18 03:35 AM
I could hear this on the radio. Nice job, Samuel!!!
Posted By: dcuny Re: Beer Break - 06/09/18 03:51 AM
Fun listen! The song grabbed me right away. Good balance on the mix, sounded great in my headphones.
Posted By: rayc Re: Beer Break - 06/09/18 04:18 AM
A fun honky tonkin track Samuel.
Terrific arrangement.
I'll have to listen somewhere else because the vocals seem to hit the limits of my headphones in the chorus.
Maybe a different pair of cans will do the trick.
Cool stuff.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Beer Break - 06/09/18 05:49 AM
Samuel,

Nice country sound and your vocal is a perfect fit. Besides your performance, I can hear a Brooks & Dunn sound. Too bad they're not recording any more. But you fill the void very nicely with this one. Good choice on the piano backing track. Sweet!

Alan
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Beer Break - 06/09/18 07:39 PM
Hi Samuel Davis, This has attitude! Very classic rock vibe on this. Excellent piano's for excitement too. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Beer Break - 06/10/18 09:42 AM
Samuel.. Who hasn’t been in this exact situation!?! You made an excellent song a the message everyone can relate to. you’ve used a good hook with “beer break”, and all aspects of the song are rock solid. The production is right on, vocals great, really enjoyed this...And great way to end it with your little novelty tag!!
Posted By: PeterF Re: Beer Break - 06/10/18 11:55 PM
Samuel

Really nice work - piano sounds nice and a classic fun sounding song.

Peter
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Beer Break - 06/11/18 07:10 PM
A solid write, Samuel. Who is you co-writer?

A good production. The pieces all fit well and a good overall mix - although I think there is a bit too much "high".

Fun song.
Posted By: LPman Re: Beer Break - 06/11/18 07:26 PM
Well done Samuel Davis,
This has great lyrics and vocals. Guitar solo fits well. Hope one day I can do the same.... I'm very impressed with this song... wishing you all the best, while I am having a beer break too! cool
Posted By: Samuel Davis Re: Beer Break - 06/11/18 10:36 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
A solid write, Samuel. Who is you co-writer?
Fun song.

Skipper Laman from Oklahoma. Met him in a Facebook songwriting group and we've been working on a few things.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Beer Break - 06/12/18 01:02 PM
I'm always reticent to mention comparisons but Brooks and Dunn assuredly come to mine.

The lyric and vocal performance fit their groove very well.

Reminiscent of those great country years in the late 80's through late 90's. We miss that.

Enjoyed it.

J&B
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Beer Break - 06/12/18 05:05 PM
What a fun song! It has a really great beat to it, and is definitely a foot-tapper. Sounds like this guy's got a lot going on his life. I can see where he might need a bit of a breather. grin

Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Beer Break - 06/12/18 09:15 PM
This is another solid write, production and performance. You are getting closer with each release. Enjoyed this one a lot.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Beer Break - 06/12/18 09:24 PM
I had the feeling that I was sitting in a Texas bar, slipping a cold one and listening to the band behind the cage! Great lyrics, backing tracks and mix with a super vocal.

Books and Dunn were mentioned and I agree but I think Toby Keith should sing this one. Maybe you could send it to him.

This was a real fun toe tapper with lyrics that I can relate.
Posted By: Samuel Davis Re: Beer Break - 06/13/18 01:09 AM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
I had the feeling that I was sitting in a Texas bar, slipping a cold one and listening to the band behind the cage! Great lyrics, backing tracks and mix with a super vocal.

Books and Dunn were mentioned and I agree but I think Toby Keith should sing this one. Maybe you could send it to him.

This was a real fun toe tapper with lyrics that I can relate.

Thanks Mario. Toby has always been a favorite of mine. Wish I had the right contacts to make that happen.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Beer Break - 06/13/18 03:42 AM
Samuel,

Your presentation is first class. The sound that was coming from my speakers as I listened was outstanding in its presence and realism. You blew me away. It seems the Neutron and Ozone have done a might good job for you.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Beer Break - 06/13/18 10:55 AM
This gave me a good chuckle - and wow, is it ever catchy! I actually wouldn't bat an eyelash hearing this on a modern country station. A really strong earworm, with fun relatable lyrics. I can see this packing the dancefloor is seconds in a live setting.

You nailed this one - thanks for sharing!
Posted By: cliftond Re: Beer Break - 06/13/18 01:15 PM
THis is great Samuel, love this country song, 90's revisited and the best of all country music happened in the 90's. Love it your mastering tools are working great here also.!!! Yeah we need a good beer break!!!!
© PG Music Forums