PG Music Home
Posted By: furry New tune...The Many Paths of life - 06/14/18 11:36 AM
This is my first composition in ages as there's been loads turmoil recently so after a suggestion from one of my many friends in Shetland I decided to name this tune The many paths of life. ALL the images are my own taken near Inverness

No real tracks used, but two super midi ones

MIDI SuperTracks in song: 3010:Piano, Rhythm CelticAirDave Ev 085
MIDI SuperTracks in song: 2058:Strings, Rhythm CelticAir Ev 085

Strings were changed to a reason 10 pad as was the piano.

Hope everyone's been keeping well, and my apologies for not posting much recently

The Many paths of life
Sorry to hear that things have been rough for you, furry. I think that "The Many Paths of Life" is a fitting title. You did a wonderful job, as always. Thanks for sharing. grin
Posted By: Robertkc Re: New tune...The Many Paths of life - 06/14/18 07:50 PM
Graham,
Refreshing and authentic...with just a bit of sadness in the melody.
Welcome back to you and your many accordions!

Robert
Posted By: furry Re: New tune...The Many Paths of life - 06/15/18 10:53 AM
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
Sorry to hear that things have been rough for you, furry. I think that "The Many Paths of Life" is a fitting title. You did a wonderful job, as always. Thanks for sharing. grin

Hi Ember, thanks for the wishes...
Some doctors have been telling us my wife has had epilepsy, whilst others have been saying she has early dementia. Her own GP told us a few days ago he also reckons she's in the early stages of dementia. You think at times she's making a recovery then wham, she flies off the handle for no reason. She was in hospital for about 6 weeks with double pneumonia, and various infections. During which time she had a couple of seizures which increased the dementia she may have already had. Her GP is going to give her an extensive memory test in a couple of weeks, as she refuses to go to the hospital for one.
Luckily I have music and my radio programmes to help keep me sane. Hopefully I can get back to composing more often
Sorry to hear about your hardships, Graham - this is stunning, and really beautiful. As Robert said above me - this is very authentic sounding. You can feel the emotion in the tune.

You should be really proud of this one - thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Scott C Re: New tune...The Many Paths of life - 06/15/18 11:43 AM
What a lovely tune Graham. You have a masterful touch with the accordion. Such a pretty melody. So sorry to hear of your struggles. Music can sooth many pains. Best wishes for you and your wife...
Posted By: Al-David Re: New tune...The Many Paths of life - 06/15/18 06:44 PM
Hi Graham,

First, so sorry to hear of the health issues your wife is enduring. From personal experience, I know how it can disrupt/alter your musical endeavors and personal life. So thank you for taking a moment or two to create this wonderful song for us.

This is, as always, so pretty and delightful on the ears. Your music always puts a smile on my heart and a warmth in my soul. I've mentioned this to you before, but it's worthy of another repeat - you play this instrument as good as anybody I've heard. Always smooth and no "screeching". It's a joy to listen to your musical creations.

Wishing you and your wife better days ahead. Please know Di and I will keep you both in our prayers.

Alan & Di
Posted By: furry Re: New tune...The Many Paths of life - 06/16/18 05:53 AM
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Graham,
Refreshing and authentic...with just a bit of sadness in the melody.
Welcome back to you and your many accordions!

Robert

Thanks Robert I seem to compose my best tunes when I'm a bit sad
Posted By: furry Re: New tune...The Many Paths of life - 06/16/18 05:55 AM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Graham,

First, so sorry to hear of the health issues your wife is enduring. From personal experience, I know how it can disrupt/alter your musical endeavors and personal life. So thank you for taking a moment or two to create this wonderful song for us.

This is, as always, so pretty and delightful on the ears. Your music always puts a smile on my heart and a warmth in my soul. I've mentioned this to you before, but it's worthy of another repeat - you play this instrument as good as anybody I've heard. Always smooth and no "screeching". It's a joy to listen to your musical creations.

Wishing you and your wife better days ahead. Please know Di and I will keep you both in our prayers.

Alan & Di

H Alan,
Firstly thanks as always for the comments.
How's Di these days ?
Posted By: furry Re: New tune...The Many Paths of life - 06/17/18 05:54 PM
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Sorry to hear about your hardships, Graham - this is stunning, and really beautiful. As Robert said above me - this is very authentic sounding. You can feel the emotion in the tune.

You should be really proud of this one - thanks for sharing smile

Thanks Derek, more on the way
Posted By: PeterF Re: New tune...The Many Paths of life - 06/17/18 08:26 PM
Graham

Pretty song and lovely melody. Sorry to hear about your wife hope things settle down.

Peter
Posted By: floyd jane Re: New tune...The Many Paths of life - 06/18/18 10:22 AM
Beautiful tune, Graham. Emotional, contemplative, sad. Nice playing.

Sorry to hear of your difficulties. Hope things go your way in the days ahead...
Posted By: furry Re: New tune...The Many Paths of life - 06/19/18 04:42 AM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
What a lovely tune Graham. You have a masterful touch with the accordion. Such a pretty melody. So sorry to hear of your struggles. Music can sooth many pains. Best wishes for you and your wife...

Hi Scott, thanks for the comment as always. Music certainly has helped a lot. Things are looking on the bright side again
Posted By: Noel96 Re: New tune...The Many Paths of life - 06/19/18 06:16 AM
Graham,

I'm so sorry to hear about your and your wife's journey. Sometimes, life just isn't easy and all any of us can do is get through as best we can. Like you, I've always found solace and comfort in music. I'm so glad that my mother sent me to piano lessons when I was a child.

This is a really pretty piece of music. That single reed sound on your accordion was beautiful... very haunting. This is a fine composition to add to your substantial songbook.

May good things come your family's way!

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: New tune...The Many Paths of life - 06/19/18 05:08 PM
Lovely song and, yes, there are many paths. Nice images.

We enjoyed it and we wish the absolute best for your wife and you.

J&B
Posted By: beatmaster Re: New tune...The Many Paths of life - 06/19/18 05:23 PM
Loved this the music is pro.
Posted By: furry Re: New tune...The Many Paths of life - 06/20/18 04:40 AM
Hi Peter, thanks for the comments.
Things have improved, so back to composing
Posted By: animarorecords Re: New tune...The Many Paths of life - 06/21/18 02:31 AM
Hello, Graham

Really nice accordion tone as usual!
Beautiful and nostalgic melody is played so well.
The melodies you write fits perfectly the accordion and no one can cut them apart.
Enjoyed my listen a lot and I wish the absolute best for your wife and you.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: furry Re: New tune...The Many Paths of life - 06/22/18 06:05 AM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Graham,

I'm so sorry to hear about your and your wife's journey. Sometimes, life just isn't easy and all any of us can do is get through as best we can. Like you, I've always found solace and comfort in music. I'm so glad that my mother sent me to piano lessons when I was a child.

This is a really pretty piece of music. That single reed sound on your accordion was beautiful... very haunting. This is a fine composition to add to your substantial songbook.

May good things come your family's way!

All the best,
Noel

Hi Noel thanks for the comment,
Things have been much better lately and yeah, music has been a huge help. Even when I can't manage to play, I still listen a lot
Posted By: furry Re: New tune...The Many Paths of life - 06/23/18 11:48 AM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Beautiful tune, Graham. Emotional, contemplative, sad. Nice playing.

Sorry to hear of your difficulties. Hope things go your way in the days ahead...

Thanks Floyd, glad you enjoyed it
Posted By: furry Re: New tune...The Many Paths of life - 06/25/18 03:40 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Lovely song and, yes, there are many paths. Nice images.

We enjoyed it and we wish the absolute best for your wife and you.

J&B

Thanks guys really need to get a cd done
Posted By: dcuny Re: New tune...The Many Paths of life - 06/25/18 05:40 PM
Heh. I took a look at the song duration, and immediately through Five minutes long? (because I'm a terrible person), and after some very pleasant listening, got to the end of the song and wondered That's all? Where did the time go?

Time flies when you're having fun, and I certainly enjoyed your song! Well done! smile
Posted By: furry Re: New tune...The Many Paths of life - 06/26/18 05:20 AM
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
Loved this the music is pro.

Thanks for the listen & comment
© PG Music Forums