PG Music Home
Posted By: Island Soul Far - 06/17/18 04:15 PM
So here is a song I recorded a few years ago and this the revision of the song. I screwed up the recording on the CD by adding a vocoder in the mix and I did not know where stuff was suppose to go. So this is the better version of the song.

The name of the Band is the Laptop and Electronic Muisc Ensemble.

https://soundcloud.com/mira-laptop-ensemble/far
Posted By: Scott C Re: Far - 06/17/18 11:29 PM
Cool tune. Super vocal
Posted By: Al-David Re: Far - 06/18/18 04:53 AM
We don't hear much of this on the forums - always nice to hear a little something different from the more common fare. I like just about all genres - nice to hear this one. Nicely done!

Alan
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Far - 06/18/18 10:16 AM
A cool listen. A current sound. I enjoyed it (with a few caveats).

The vocal is super. But it is a bit "muddy" sounding and buried too far in the mix (only slightly, but enough to matter). It needs some "brightness" and a bit of volume. It needs some "presence".

The musical bed could use some variation along the way under the vocal. You do that to some degree in the breaks, but during the singing, the whole band plays all the time. Some drops here and there would be nice and make it more interesting to the ear.

It would be nice to know if any of this is BIAB - and what that might be...

fj
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Far - 06/18/18 10:50 AM

Very creative and very fun!

Are you the "Andrew Hingson-synths, beats" in the band?

smile
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Far - 06/18/18 02:35 PM
I enjoyed the way the backing electronic sounds rattles around between the ears.
The song itself is catchy too.
I like the vocals ( who is singing?) and agree with Floyd they could come up in the mix.

Robert
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Far - 06/18/18 08:42 PM
What a fun and creative song. Really enjoyed it. Definitely different from a lot of the stuff we hear here on the showcase. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: GocartMoz Re: Far - 06/18/18 10:08 PM
Enjoyed this. Could hear it played in any dance club. I do agree that though the lead vocal was great, it is a touch buried and muddy. Cool stuff nonetheless.

Dave
Posted By: rsdean Re: Far - 06/21/18 07:46 PM
Very nice! Great EDM vibe...

Bob
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Far - 06/22/18 02:20 PM
Hi Islansoul, Thanks for sharing this tune with us. The synths are very gooey sounding and I really enjoy the bleepy sqaure wave sounds. Good work with the recording and vocal processing!
© PG Music Forums