390 guitar-acoustic syncopated sugar ev
363 Pedal steel, background ev
I recorded through line6 amp to cd card
Me on the vocals and chorus is me through digitech harmonizer
And me on my variax set to acoustic.
C.Dan
Posted By: Al-David Re: "Id Be Like Jesus" - 06/18/18 03:09 PM
Hello C. Dan,

I like it. Your vocal reminds me a lot of Kix Brooks.This is that style of country that spans several generations. I could imagine this anywhere from the 700s through the early 200s. Like the pedal steel baCKING. I enjoyed it. Nice ending with just the acoustic and pedal steel. Best to you.

Alan
Posted By: David Snyder Re: "Id Be Like Jesus" - 06/18/18 03:55 PM
Now that's country man!

Good job!
Posted By: Scott C Re: "Id Be Like Jesus" - 06/18/18 04:16 PM
Awesome country tune. Well done
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: "Id Be Like Jesus" - 06/18/18 08:19 PM
I'm really digging the use of the pedal steel! Great job!
Posted By: GocartMoz Re: "Id Be Like Jesus" - 06/18/18 10:16 PM
I second the props on the use of the pedal steel. Vocals soung great and like ending. I thought the mix, as a whooe, seemed low and a tad muddy. Good luck with it. I really enjoyed the write.

Dave
Posted By: C. Dan Roberts Re: "Id Be Like Jesus" - 06/19/18 09:50 AM
Thanks Dave you have a good ear. I have been having problems on the vocals and I tried to pull the vocals out some on this tune and you are right, it is muddy. I might need to get me a better mike. I need a better vocalist too, I am not that great of a vocalist.
C. Dan
Posted By: David Snyder Re: "Id Be Like Jesus" - 06/19/18 11:01 AM

Hi C. Dan,

I believe you are a baritone, and if you are not using a good condenser mic with a microphone stand mic shield it is going to be hard to get good vocals.

If you are a baritone you have to sing into a padded cave, so to speak, pretty close to that condenser mic so you don't have to yell to get volume. The quality of your voice is actually good, I think, you just can't strain it or sing too loud. You have to get up on the mic, and non-condenser mics aren't too friendly with baritones. They create the mud you can't fix later.

Just a few thoughts.
Posted By: furry Re: "Id Be Like Jesus" - 06/19/18 11:08 AM
LOVE this. Pedal steel is getting used less & less in country these days. Good all rounder
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: "Id Be Like Jesus" - 06/19/18 11:25 AM
Man, I'm a sucker for steel guitars and you absolutely killed it! Loving the classic country vibes on this one. Very reminiscent of the kind of country coming out in the 70's. Super enjoyable tune - perfectly catchy, and easy on the ears.

Nothing I'd change here - great work and thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: beatmaster Re: "Id Be Like Jesus" - 06/19/18 06:01 PM
Nice country sound and feel with this.

god stuff
Posted By: C. Dan Roberts Re: "Id Be Like Jesus" - 06/19/18 09:40 PM
I am always having problems with vocals on my recordings .. People say when I talk I mumble... I do need better mikes...
I actually need two better mikes because I use two mikes..I sing the chorus through a digitech harmonizer.
C.Dan
Posted By: C. Dan Roberts Re: "Id Be Like Jesus" - 06/19/18 09:44 PM
It seems if I have a few beers that my voice gets louder and in my mind it sounds better...but then I don't know if it really does.
I do know for a fact when I am playing that the more the people who are listening to me the more they like my music for some reason....C Dan
Posted By: David Snyder Re: "Id Be Like Jesus" - 06/19/18 09:52 PM

Ah, ha ha, beers. Ok I see the problem here.

Man it ALWAYS sounds better when you have had beers. And are yelling.

Until the next morning.

That's when you wonder what the devil you were doing.

Until you figure out it wasn't you singing, but that WAS the devil.

See how it works now Dan???

smile
Posted By: C. Dan Roberts Re: "Id Be Like Jesus" - 06/19/18 10:04 PM
The devil seems to show up at a lot of my jam sessions... I wish he would bring an instrument with him sometimes...I think he just comes for the chicks...
C.Dan
© PG Music Forums